The "Let's All Laugh at aust!n" Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by jack sticker, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not KHT Crew caliber, but then again, they're not very bright so I give them credit.

But do they know that it's officially the Anthony Precourt Memorial Wooden Spoon?

[​IMG]

russ, GoCrew1996, Ball Kicker and 4 others repped this.
  2. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And they have an owner who's never been in this situation before. He hired Berhalter, who did remarkably well in Columbus, with few resources and I have to assume was a budget signing. Not that he worked for free, but he was head coach, managed scouting and a couple of other areas that, on other teams, would have been done by other technical staff. Plus he stuck around during the whole #SHC saga.

And so, in Austin, Precourt figures, "Hell, I did okay with Berthalter; why pay through the nose for some 'experienced' fancypants manager, when I can just hire his assistant and save even more cash?"

So now he's in Austin with a coach who should have been sacked last year, but of course that was just one year in a new three year contract, which would have just cost Tony even more money. He's never fired a coach before. He's one of the cheapest owners in the league. In short, he's never been in this situation before and doesn't know what to do short of asking Andy "The Best in the Business/Two Buttons" Loughnane his opinion.

Sweet, sweet Schadenfreude.

Kryptonite repped this.
  3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing which would make it better is if Dave Greeley was still around.

russ, crew2112, Minnman and 1 other person repped this.
  4. El Pelón

El Pelón Member

Oct 13, 2019
    Austin, TX
    And anyone with a brain knows that most of the Spanish speakers in TX aren't recent immigrants. It goes back to 1690, dude.

I personally am a descendant of these dudes (among many other non-famous peeps, of course):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ángel_Navarro (1807 - alcalde de San Antonio de Béxar)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Ángel_Navarro_(elder) (1821, 1835 - alcalde de San Antonio de Béxar, later San Antonio)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Antonio_Navarro

José Antonio Navarro was one of the first signers of the Texas Declaration of Independence, in early March, 1836, in Washington-on-the-Brazos.[13] He later signed the Constitution of the Republic of Texas.

With that context, I wouldn't say it's ironic that SA has a very large Tejano/Mexican-American population.

But I wouldn't guess they teach much about that in Ohio.

5. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, yes, we get it. You're both right -- your family has been in Texas since the Mayflower. That's why you follow a shit, second tier MLS side. If your family had not fought Santa Ana, you would be rooting for a team that tallies more than zero shots on goal over a 90 minute game.

6. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one cares.

WhiteHartShame, russ, TyphonInc and 4 others repped this.
  7. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I've not been checking in on this thread in a bit.
    My mood has now improved tremendously after going through the last three pages.We even have queso chiggers trying to clap back to make themselves feel better about being conned by Don Garber and fat little troll henchman.
    The Crew abides.And laughs.And keeps laughing.

8. TyphonInc

TyphonInc Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Dublin, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. Yes, Texas has lots of multi-generation Mexicans in their state. They also have lots of 1st generation immigrants. A quick Google search shows immigrants come to Texas by the millions and over 50% of all Mexican immigrants end up in Texas. If I was Texan this is not the hill I would die on.

About the only thing worthy of being taught about Texas is; Remember the Alamo & Precourt Sucks.

9. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    This might be the dumbest thing to fight over.

Also, is a queso chigger one of these, except cheesier?
    [​IMG]

Robbo Crewfan and russ repped this.
  10. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    After winning back-to-back games for the first time since last June, Austin reverted back to the losing ways they've become accustomed to this past Sunday. They lost 1-0 to St Louis, managing just two shots, neither of which were on target.

russ and TyphonInc repped this.
  11. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, it’s not VERDE!!

TyphonInc, CybrSlydr and russ repped this.
  12. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a typo, meant queso chuggers.

13. El Pelón

El Pelón Member

Oct 13, 2019
    Austin, TX
    I don't really care about Austin FC anymore and I'm moving to Portugal on the D8 visa soon.

Just figured I'd say hi to my oldest friends. I was the original trumpet player in La Murga and can be heard on our first album on Spotify. But I'm done with MLS. Too much drama everywhere.

14. El Pelón

El Pelón Member

Oct 13, 2019
    Austin, TX
    I mean the Alamo and that whole revolution thing was about continuing the institution of slavery, soo...

15. El Pelón

El Pelón Member

Oct 13, 2019
    Austin, TX
  16. El Pelón

El Pelón Member

Oct 13, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Anyway, that's all.

Enjoy Ohio.

17. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Entire Austin fan base in a nutshell.

18. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    What a lovely performance.

World-class display of narcissism. Absolutely world-class.

This is Austin.

19. El Pelón

El Pelón Member

Oct 13, 2019
    Austin, TX
    This is not Austin. I'm getting the ******** out of this country.

20. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    The guy looking for another country to move to talking sh!t to those who are more than happy with their locale. Yep, that makes all kinds of sense.

21. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, but I think it really is about Austin. Your attitude is exactly what Austin is all about. Your whiny, entitled, it's all about me, blabber is probably what got you the punch to the face. You were probably trying to "Grow the Legend" a bit too much for your own good, and someone decided to feed you a big knuckle sandwich for dinner that night in Houston. Hope everything works out for you in Portugal, or any other random country that allows your ass into it, but chances are it probably won't. You have been tarnished by Austin and there is honestly nothing you can do about it at this point. We are happy in Ohio, and we have enjoyed watching Austin with your expansion team experiment failure, while we are thriving. The end of your Austin FC fandom story is exactly the type of result we expected. What else could we have expected, when "y'all" hitched your wagons to a precourt?

22. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    The point is that no one cares what you're doing AND YOU REALLY, REALLY WANT US TO. Because you're a narcissist, and you're very much a product of your environment, whether or not you like it.

TyphonInc and CybrSlydr repped this.
  23. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, he could be a narcissist regardless of having lived in Austin.

Robbo Crewfan and russ repped this.
  24. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I think there's a chicken-egg thing going on. The place attracts those disposed toward narcissism, and it deepens and enhances that trait.

Robbo Crewfan repped this.
  25. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was someone talking?