The "Let's All Laugh at aust!n" Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by jack sticker, Jan 14, 2019.

1. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you're the only other one here who would have voted for Jo this past November. Nothing says Libertarian like someone on the left telling you you're a right wing nut job.

Timon19 repped this.
  2. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool -- then we agree that California sucks.

Back on topic, can you shed any light as to why AFC cannot turn off the light? Is it because of Fox news?

3. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #4953 RafaLarios, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    We all pretty much knew that the AP and Laughlame were pretty incompetent , but being unable to turn off the lights is really a new low.

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just imagine the headlines when opponents go in there and win 5-0.

You might even say they played...lights out.

5. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4955 Bill Archer, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    I am not by any means an electrical engineer, and do not have a world of experience in that particular field (I know there are some guys around here who do have some knowledge in this area) HOWEVER: I am extremely confident in saying that for. code,, safety, fire and servicing requirements there is always an emergency disconnect. You can't install a she shed or a hot tub or a garage without some some quick mechanism for shutting off the power.

And the more LaughLame babbles on about needing a team of electricians to begin work on the "disconnection process" the more convinced I am that he's simply lying.

I've got a handyman who could, beyond a doubt, have those lights off in 15 minutes.

EDIT: Texas monthly says the lights at Birth Defect Stadium are now off.

6. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You misspelled "union grievance".

kgilbert78 and Bill Archer repped this.
  7. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F#ck that. As a the President of a company who should be very interested in not getting a public black eye, union grievances should mean less than past promises he's made.

8. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Do we actually know for sure that Fatboy's new stadium is being built on a project labor agreement? In Austin, it wouldn't be surprising if it is, but Texas generally is friendly to non-union shops.

9. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mostly off:

upload_2021-2-18_20-12-21.png

10. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
  11. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    It's a strange existence for sure. Even better is the right telling me I'm a leftist boob.

YITBOS repped this.
  12. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chemical luminescence.

13. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    No. It’s not a union job. Lotta fan fiction in here.

YITBOS repped this.
  14. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither fan nor fiction.

You'll understand soon enough.

15. Big J 0526

Big J 0526 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We did warn you

16. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    So the union grievance excuse is out the window. Maybe nobody trusts Loughnane with a set of keys to the place? You'd think they could get at least 1 person to come onsite and flip a breaker, right?

17. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either they're too incompetent to figure it out or (probably more likely) it's because they don't give a ******** (which is worse?). And don't link me to Matt Besler's GoFundMe as evidence to the contrary. MLS is touting that as their success on the website/twitter when the credit should go to the players themselves (and other fans contributing) - these employees who, not two weeks ago, they were ready to tell to pound sand. Jay Jr's entire existence was borne out of his father's fortune in the energy sector (how ironic) and his response is some pathetic tweet about sitting is his car watching netflix.

18. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually, one of my cousins was in Lubbock for a few years... before moving back to Ft Worth-ish area

19. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    I’m pretty on the record as saying that MLS in Austin is going to succeed because the league was right about the potential of the market and that Precourt is just a guy in a suit helping Garber fulfill his Austin dreams. And noted the players were way ahead of the club in responding.

20. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fratboy in a suit? Are you drunk? He's way, way too cool for that. He wants everyone to see him as hip, with it. Never even wears a tie. Patagonia puff jacket is like evening wear for him.

Tobias C, russ, Kryptonite and 1 other person repped this.
  21. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fall of the Berlin Wall was one of my first memories. Imagine growing up learning geography with the world map constantly changing and no internet to just download an updated one from.

TKyle and Timon19 repped this.
  22. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The internet being a bunch of encyclopedias and they may be two years old.

I know that feeling.

I saw something earlier today that says we're closer to 2050 than to 1990.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  23. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting point I saw today - first text messages were sent in 1992. Shoot dial up internet was in 90's too. Part of me longs for the simpler days of just going outside to play as kid and actually talking to people - or even better talking face to face - in full coherent sentences with proper grammar. Now get off my lawn!

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  24. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we've been saying all along, that if there is this true pent up demand for the game in Austin it will have a chance of succeeding. But it is going to have to be a HUGE demand to overcome the ineptitude of not just Precourt but his dopey sidekick Loughne. They will continually set you back - that is a guarantee. This leaving the lights on mess is a prime example - they are unqualified and ill-suited to be running a professional franchise - PERIOD!

I honestly considered donating to the player's Austin fund, then I saw those dopes get their slimy hands on it and roll it into their foundation trying obviously to take credit for it so I decided not too. Recall hearing bad things about what they did with our foundation here. If I were players I'd keep it separated.

25. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4975 Bill Archer, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    In any case, call me a cynical old curmudgeon if you like but I was not born yesterday either.

In the real world, and particularly with this bunch of grifters, you can believe nothing that they say, ever. They are dishonest lying liars who lie. Their first reflex is always to lie. Always.

In this case, I think the FO came up with this fund thing to change the subject from their incompetence to their charitibility.

A couple players came up with the idea.of starting a GFM that directs the donations to the Precljrt family foundation? And literally an hour later the team Twitter is posting tweet after tweet about it? During a power emergency?

And if it were you, would 4ATX be where you'd direct the money? Do they have some secret disaster relief mechanism in place? Do they have the first clue? Wouldn't your first thought be the Red Cross or Salvation Army or someone else with disaster relief expertise? If a tsunami hit Columbus and you wanted to raise money to help, would the Crew foundation be your first thought? Or is that the thought of someone in the FO who works for Precunt

Like everything else they do, it's bullshit.