The Leandro Romagnoli Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by sportinglisbonman, Dec 30, 2005.

1. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Re: Romagnoli Thread...The next rochemback?

Sporting did well w/ another San Lorenzo player, I'm talking about Acosta,, but not in this case. No , Romagnoli has not been above average, and I think I'm being generous.

2. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  3. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
  5. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  7. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

Bon voyage and good luck.

8. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California

Sporting interested in buying romagnoli, here is an english translation of the article

The Sporting of Lisbon is interested in the acquisition of the Argentine Leandro Romagnoli "Pipi", but the team Mexican Veracruz raised the price to three million dollars the value of the transfer, reports today the sports newspaper "O Jogo".

According to the source, Romagnoli has been utilized by the coach Paulo Bento during eight consecutive games and showed hiscapacity as an organizer.

When the Spanish team Getafe and the Argentine team San Lorenzo showed interest in the signing of Romagnoli, the technician of the Sporting decided to give him the Argentine greater opportunities, what had not occurred in the previous Season.

A journalist of the Portuguese newspaper conversed with Carlos Kings Simón, President of Veracruz, who said that yet had not had contacts with the leaders of the Sporting.

He added that Mark Simonian, representative of the player, negotiates the eventual transfer "by a most minimum value of three million dollars".

According to the agreement of January of 2006, when Romagnoli was yielded al Sporting, the option of purchase was set in two million euro.

9. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

Good voyage.:D

10. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    what do you guys think, he should stay or go, he is a decent player and if he continues this way migh go back to how he used to play in his golden days for san lorenzo.

11. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    If he had Beto Acosta's determination, I 'd say yeah, stay, but he doesn't. Definitely not worth US$3 M.:)

12. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    beto was the sh&t. you dont see players like that often. he has been good the last 5-10 games no?

13. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    He improved, that's for sure. Remember, in the Winter transfer period he was ready to leave, but no takers came up, so he had no choice but to improve or be left rottin' on the bench :)

14. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yeah but then again he wasnt given much of a chance and ever since he did he improved. i dont know i havent seen him play in years, i saw one of his games in mexico so i could just be looking at the the old romagnoli. hopefully he improves to the point that he stays and beats porto (lucho is a fan of huracan our rival).

15. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It would be nice if SCP could keep him but not for 3Mil. That money could be spent elsewhere.

Veracruz is now trying to capitalize on his recent good form. Over the winter transfer periond they were willing to sell his pass for less then 1Mil.

16. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    That would be better and probably a sure thing, but I agree 3Mil is way too much for him.

17. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    looks like river wants him now. i dont think san lorenzo is looking for him anymore, but the way river is at they could offer a large sum and drag him away.

18. DJ2492

DJ2492 Red Card

May 27, 2007
    California
    3 mil for Romagnoli is a bit too much.Sporting doest need him.

19. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
  20. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    1.4 mil Euros is what the A Bola reported.