The latest Jim Rome rant... and he is pi***sed off...

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by DoyleG, Aug 15, 2002.

1. BakedAlaskan

BakedAlaskan Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Ancho-RAGE,Alaska
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have that recorded on VHS and whip it out once every three months or so.I went out and bought a Jim Everett rookie card right after it happened.I knew the price would fall and I could have gotten it cheaper a couple moths later,but I was a Jim Everett fan from that point on.

2. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    Chris Everett was one tough dude. He wasn't afraid at all to take it to a guy who is half his size.

Too bad he wasn't as tough in the NFL.

3. BakedAlaskan

BakedAlaskan Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Ancho-RAGE,Alaska
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I suppose toughness to you is to take $chitt from a punk half your size?That sounds more like a pu ssy to me to be honest.

If some little guy is calling you names at work are you just gonna shrug and say nothing or are you going to explain to him that he is a shrimp and should shut his mouth.(Especially after two years of PUBLIC abuse)JE gave Rome a warning and Rome still pushed the issue.It blew up in his face and he is still a dork.At least JE kept his word.

4. Crazy_Quakes_Fan

Crazy_Quakes_Fan New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    San Mateo, CA
    Yeah, he's probably out to just get on our case. You know what? Who cares. Here's another apparent example of his attempt to piss us off by insulting Italian soccer and by telling us he will not be allowing his child to play soccer. Oh, I'm sad.

5. fork q

fork q New Member

Apr 10, 2001
    Silverdale WA.
    No what's sad is that he has offspring.

I so hope that his son goes to UVA on a soccer scholarship. We got to get this kids e-mail if he is old enough and has one and start corrupting him. Maybe we can even get Jim Everett to be his coach.

Where does Jim Rome live? Someone should go out and kick a ball in front of his house and block his driveway. Get him subscriptions to Eurosport, get our kids to sell candy for their team at his door, etc... Guys like this are fun to screw with. Let's give him a real reason to hate soccer.

Whatever you do just don't send him one of those whiny BS e-mails complaining about his article; it's what he wants.

6. Dave

Dave New Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Omaha NE USA
    LOL!

I had never seen that clip until now...thats classic! You can almost see the piss running down Rome's leg. Actually, I almost wet myself watching it!

7. IsItSnowingInSpace

Mar 20, 2000
    Orem UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys who are defending Rome give him WAY too much credit. I really don't think he's doing it for ratings or anything. I've talked to the guy, and while he's bright in some ways, for the most part he's just a first-class putz.

I love the idea of teasing the guy endlessly, though. Sounds excellent.

8. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali
    one way to stop this "jim rome u.s soccer ridicule" is to have the us nat win the 2006 world cup...that should be a slap on his face.

...CIAO!
    ...The SurfDiva

9. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    With his son scoring the winning goal.

INSULT TO INJURY!!!

10. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    Re: Re: The latest Jim Rome rant... and he is pi***sed off...

His son will be all of 7yrs old. Maybe he'll catch an assist from an elderly Adu in 2018. Oh the HORROR! Catch the winning goal on TV as often as Leave it to Beaver. :D