never get back with an ex - The Cristiano Ronaldo (Returns) Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Anonymous_United, Aug 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninho29

Ninho29 Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    LOL not sure if you're trolling. If not, you obviously never been to England. It used to take us about 9-10 minutes to get to Manchester from her hometown. I should know, I've lived there for a few years and had my arse sitting in Old Trafford 3 times to be exact.

You know where Cheshire is right? lol

2. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ......whhoooosh.....

3. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

4. Pulp

Pulp Member+

Feb 13, 2013
    TO / CA
    I think it's fair to say that he is much better than so many people (myself included) thought he was. He's still so, so good.

J'can repped this.
  5. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So damn clinical. Could very well have his second highest scoring season for United as a 37 year old.

6. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He was anything but clinical yesterday. Dafuq were you watching???

Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  7. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was not able to see the game, just commenting on his overall production. With four goals in three games, he is certainly doing something right.

J'can repped this.
  8. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ah yes. I see. No arguments there. He was unlucky yesterday but there is this anticipation when he plays that he will make something happen. Like he is older and wiser but still has good (enough) physicality and skill too. This is why I prefer him over Messi because you can do so much more with him in your lineup.

Have to hold my hand up here. Thought he should have been used as a substitute at the 60 minute mark due to age. But at this rate dude can easily play till 40

Anonymous_United and Futbol_Head repped this.
  9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a bad start to Ron's 2nd spell at the club. Timely too with Cav having been unavailable so far.
    [​IMG]

jnielsen repped this.
  10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2021-9-30_6-27-43.jpeg
    Adidas must be ecstatic, no doubt. But really anyone involved, from the club itself to Team Viewer among others surely are over the moon right now. The Ronaldo Effect (from a commercial point of view alone) is simply astonishing..

11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United's PotM for September.
    [​IMG]

12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
  14. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why? WTF is your point?

jnielsen repped this.
  15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prem PotM for September.
    [​IMG]

16. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    He was adamant on the guy being guilty yet we have no idea what happened and the case is being dismissed.

I would love for people to just admit when their thinking might be questionable. I did it yesterday when I was contradicting myself. That is all.

17. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This might be a win for Ronaldo but does not mean he is innocent. I'm not going to profess I know what happened and whether Ronaldo is guilty or not, but a case thrown out on those terms does not indicate Innocence.

If you are arguing the legalities then sure I think you would be on good ground rights privacy confidential communication with attorney and all. But I don't think that's what you're doing.

Whether this woman was violated or not is not definitive based on this court action which I think is what you are intimating by calling out said poster. This is just clever lawyering and technicalities, not whether he is guilty of something or not.

jnielsen and jeff070 repped this.
  18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As alluded to in another thread, bringing back Ronaldo was always going to problematic on some levels. The only way to cope/deal with those issues would be to all but cater to him and build the team around him.
    Something that Ole has not done yet and as such, it will be interesting to see how things progress on that front. Ole did mention in one of his post match interviews that something might have to give and he's absolutely correct.
    The options in this case are real simple: either Ronaldo is the focal point and whatever system/setup we play in has to be designed with him in mind (and getting him the ball in optimal situations as much as possible) or you drop him. We know the latter is not really an option so it becomes even simpler from that point of view...

19. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haven't read or watched the article yet but I think he is hurting the team. I thought that from before the international break but didn't bring it up because I wasn't sure how to explain it. Will be interesting to see it explained. But yes I do think his addition right now is causing the whole to be less than the sum of the parts.

Not his fault, manager and coaching staff need to fix.

I always thought he should be a super sub type player though. Being part of the starting eleven even though he can is making the team less effective. And of course there are other issues needing attention.

jnielsen repped this.
  20. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we're being perfectly honest with ourselves, Ronaldo was never the right fit for this team (and style) as currently constituted. We got him because he and Mendes played on United heartstrings by openly flirting with City and the Glazers did not want to deal with potential PR backlash.
    Ronaldo was never in the club's plans, especially after having convincing Cav (a more natural 9 for Ole's team and style) to stay at the club another year. As stated though, now that he is there at the club, it's up to the manager along with his staff to make it work. It can work also, but it's about being fluid and adaptable enough to change his tactical approach.
    And it remains to be seen if Ole and co actually can do that. Kind of ironic that Ronaldo could be Ole's death knell. He's not the only reason but Ronaldo presence is why I'd consider ZZ for the short term (next 2 seasons) if he were interested in the gig.

jnielsen repped this.
  21. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He's become a bit of an albatross to have, the same has been true in international football for a while.

jnielsen repped this.
  22. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Yeah, he may be the hindrance but as Pogba stated we have problems long before Ronaldo. This is our pattern we hit rock bottom and go on a run to finish in top 4.

23. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Very interesting write up about the problems Ronaldo causes for modern structures

I do also wonder if he is just cannibalising goals the team would score anyway

24. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    We dont have cohesion nor any playing pattern for some time now. Can any post full article :D ?

25. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Short version he is too lazy/clapped out to press so the team is too easy to play through. He has the worst pressing of any forward in the league by miles.

benni... repped this.