never get back with an ex - The Cristiano Ronaldo (Returns) Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Anonymous_United, Aug 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    if we assume that's true then what was the point of blocking the sale before as Keane said.

only thing i can think of is they know a winter window sale is much less likely and turn around and say see but we allowed him to leave but no one met the price.

even then it's still stupid

2. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Adds more credence to the rumor that ETH wanted to let him go in the summer but the Glazers blocked it. ETH has stood by his decision and hasn’t played him.

3. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    He could be seriously entertaining that offer from Saudi Arabia.

4. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  5. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    IMO he's seriously considering that Saudi deal. He might just agree to a 6-month thing. The salary he would get there in that short time makes up for what Spanish and Italian clubs can afford to pay him next season.

6. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Deep Pal repped this.
  7. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  8. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

9. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    I remember our fan base had an obsession with Ronaldo coming like every summer. I was one of the few that never wanted him back because of the legacy he left and didn't want it being tarnished if he came back and wasn't as good.

He's back and he has fallen off and even worst his attitude has definitely tarnished his legacy.

Deep Pal and Anonymous_United repped this.
  10. yikchi

yikchi Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    Garden State
    What a narcissistic prick.

Deep Pal and doubletrouble repped this.
  11. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    finally some ba***, excellent decision. Keep the trouble away.

12. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ETH don’t take no shit. He’s gonna sling him in January and the board can’t fight him on it now. He’s a net negative and now it reflects bad on the club.

13. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    #463 The Jitty Slitter, Oct 20, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    I remember Dan Harris had a theory that maybe those first 2 games did .eth a favour in that he didn't have to accommodate Ronaldo and Maguire any further after that shocking start - he could just bench them without having to go through all the pretence (and dropped points) because he had nothing to lose.

Sofabloke and doubletrouble repped this.
  14. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Agree the first 2 results did gave ETH the license to drop players. Only Shaw has reacted positively, infact he came out and suported the manager saying the other managers were not dropping under-performing players. Long may it continue.

topnoevili and Sofabloke repped this.
  15. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Whitwell says Ronaldo refused to come on as a sub at the end of the Spurs game and then stormed off. ETH has now banned him from the first team. He won’t be in the squad or training with the senior team.

Love it.

16. topnoevili

topnoevili Member

MUFC, Hartford Athletic
    Apr 11, 2006
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    hate to see it come to this, the initial euphoria after the signing was so fun. glad the club are dealing with it properly.

17. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

18. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's the worse non apology "apology" I have ever read.

19. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When Pogs / Mino did the whole “over” thing on the eve of our CL decider he lost all respect.

This is a similar moment from Cristiano.

JayBoy repped this.
  20. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    doubletrouble and United 16 repped this.
  21. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    you'd understand it slightly more if it was the first two games of this season. it would still be wrong but after last season you could see where the frustration was coming from.

that was a pretty good performance though and others like van de Beek have been eating shit minute subs for a long time now in silence.

this is just another way the club have burdened ten Hag unnecessarily if Ronaldo's attitude has turned for good.

he wanted to go on his own (still don't understand why he was crucified for this by the same folks that wanted him gone)
    and we shouldn't be relying on a 37/38 year old to save our fortunes anyway.

this could easily have been avoided but here we are now

22. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    The Glazers did not allow his exit for commercial gains iirc, ronaldo is just embarrassing himself and legacy at united. Although i did not foresee such drastic drop-down in his performance, he was good last season and i was expecting not many but some important goals from him but he cant deal with his own narcissm and others around him have not helped (sister/mother etc) him accepting the reality. At 38 you are lucky to be a part playing at top club and payed enormous wages.

23. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The Ronaldo apaology post on social media pisses me off. It mentions nothing about distracting from the win or how it negatively affected his teammates or manager. Its all about how hard working he has been his whole career and how hes just really passionate. Its a self serving bunch of image protection bullshit probably put together by his PR team.

doubletrouble repped this.
  24. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Right. Can you imagine making 500k a week, not even playing most games, and when you are called on to do the one thing you get paid for, say "nah, not doing it. But oh still pay my more money than any 2 players on the squad make. Thanks."

******** him.

25. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ETH confirmed today that not only did Ronaldo leave the bench early, he actually refused to come on as a substitute when asked.

It wouldn't shock me if we've seen the last game from him on the field.

We only have 7 games left until the WC break, at which point, it's almost January when we return to action.

I think we can limp by the next 7 games without too much on field impact.