The LA Galaxy Wants You!

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Galaxy Steve, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    Update on Reserve game this Friday:
    The Galaxy Reserves will also be in action this week as they host the Earthquakes at 12 p.m. on Friday on University Field #1 in a game that is free to all fans.
    Link to more info on this week's schedule:
    http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/news/te...ent_id=146678&vkey=pr_lag&fext=.jsp&team=t106

2. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, Steve.

I also posted the news release with this info on the Reserves Team Schedule thread.

But, I take the point that was made by others in the pre-game thread. Yallop is playing his old thin roster game, so it will be touch and go if he can even field a reserve team, unless there are tons of guest players.

3. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA
    What about us? I read that we started the reserve game against the Crapids with 10. Yikes!!

4. jsl379b4

jsl379b4 New Member

Apr 2, 2008
    hi guys... im trying to send a present to Beckham, but i dont know where to send it to...

i drew a painting of him and i really took my time on it and i want to send it to him........

can you guys tell me the exact address where to send it to? thanks

5. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI: It is not necessary to post the same question in multiple threads.

6. jbgeach

jbgeach Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    David Beckham
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20500

7. WAX888

WAX888 Member

Feb 8, 2001
    Ontario, Ca.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Call the Galaxy home office and ask them:
    1-877-342-5299

8. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    BEst bet:

David Beckham
    C/O Los Angeles Galaxy
    18400 Avalon Blvd Suite 200
    Carson, Ca 90746

9. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Some good news for opening day:

1. Streamers and confetti are ok.

2. Flags should be back in Section 138 only.

3. New kinds of beer on sale.

4. AEG has now taken over its own merchendising. You should, before too very long see other jersey's and items aside from Beckham. There will be new items available as well. Probally not for tomorrow but very soon.

5. BBQ is back in the plaza.

10. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great stuff Steve
    thanks for fighting for the flags

11. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    QUICK NOTE ON Steve R.'s report:
    The FO asks that if you are bringing large amounts of Streamers and/or confetti that you contact them so you can drop off with them and then pick up inside the stadium.
    Personal note:
    The stadium looks fantastic, the Pitch is beautiful, I can not wait for tomorrow, I am just SO SO ready to see our team back in action on our Home Pitch!!!

12. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great news on the merchandising and flags. I must confess I could do without the streamers. All that crap on the field makes me obsess about litter. It looks kind of small time. I like my fields pristine. :p

13. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you mean you don't want great stuff like this ?:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb7C_pKF8bc

or this (what I expect HDC to look like tomorrow night :D;)) ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO0fY4xIGq8

14. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I second the comment on confetti and streamers. It looks like crap and it always seems to me to say, "see I'm really excited! - Not just jumping up and down excited - I'm so f*cking excited confetti's shooting out of my eyeballs." WHy do you have to prove how excited you are? If you watch the goal of a lifetime, people will remember it because of how it made them feel, not because of all of the confetti.

And I suppose the streamers are along the same lines - just something to get in my beer, if I actually bought a $10 beer.

15. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I buy all this, and its not my style either.

Except, I think there is room to allow different people to celebrate in different ways. I don't think the streamers or confettit are phoney - maybe a little exhibitionist, but still genuine. Its the way some people like to explode.

The HDC has too long been the home of regimentation and repression. I would rather watch streamers than ever again hear the loud speaker system screaming "Lets make some noise."

The cheering and supporting will grow organically (or so I hope) if we just let it.

16. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good videos!

"Yes" to passion, "No" to trash. But it's going to have to be a league-wide thing - we can't have one stadium (Toronto), or one team (Chivas), raining streamers on Blanco without all of us doing it. Otherwise we'll lose the streamer war or something.

I didn't like the confetti on the Colorado field either. Watching Donovan wade through it for the whole first half was annoying.

17. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Especially if people are making the noise to get on the big screen for some Tide, or whatever the hell it is, promotion.

18. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I second the comment on confetti and streamers. It looks like crap and it always seems to me to say, "see I'm really excited! - Not just jumping up and down excited - I'm so f*cking excited confetti's shooting out of my eyeballs." WHy do you have to prove how excited you are? If you watch the goal of a lifetime, people will remember it because of how it made them feel, not because of all of the confetti.

And I suppose the streamers are along the same lines - just something to get in my beer, if I actually bought a $10 beer.

This is not a statement that we agree with it rather a statement that it will be allowed and an afirmation that there is change taking place.

19. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "As with shrimp cocktail like all cocktails... always in moderation." Tony Sincalair... Tanqueray spokesdude.

Look, there's fun, and then there's idiocy. WE Galaxy fans know the difference. Besides, blowup dolls are the best...

Tommy Mack
    LARS

20. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States