The LA Galaxy Wants You!

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Galaxy Steve, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I have said before

FLAGS , FLAGS , FLAGS

LIFT THE BAN

FREE LARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RELEASE THE FLAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Steve, I appreciate that you are advocating that up to your contacts in the FO for us fans, even though I remain less than hopeful AEG will see it as a priority. Again, they should, but in their list of priorities, this would seem to be one that they will likely put in the category of "nice idea and maybe someday we may actually do something about it".

3. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This is agreat idea. There will be random people from the Galaxy and AEG posing as " shoppers " to report back on service levels, food quality, and general customer service.

Steve Rosenbery
    Galaxy Ambassadors

4. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

These issues were addressed at our meeting. Remember how friendly everyone was the 1st year at HDC. We are meeting with HDC management and hope that they will begin to provide training. We have offered to help them with this training.

Steve R.

5. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Offically this is being discussed on several levels. FO, LARS, and Ambassadors. There is power in numbers. I think it is going well and all un-official indications are that it will be a go. BUT THATS UN-Official. Don't tell anyone

6. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

I think your wrong on this one. AEG is a business and they are aware that much of this will have an impact on the financial side. They would love to make more money.

7. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Only thing left out is that the FO is very committed to this. If they were not, I would not waste your time or mine. These are not just sit and chat meetings. This past meeting was attended by several key people from the FO and they to are working very hard to make changes within their means. Change takes time but to use Tommy Mack's analogy the ship is heading in the right direction. There are some great ideas coming out of these meetings. These are very bright and energetic young people who are truly committed to making our experience at HDC a good one. I hope everyone will get behind them and be positive.

With all of our collective input we can do great things. I'm sick of hearing about Toronto Fans. WE are the LA Galaxy Fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve R.

8. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again...don't get me wrong: I want improved transit to the HDC. However, most games get pretty close to selling out, and the parking concessions are pretty good business. Why would they want to obstruct that? Where is the return on investment there? I want to be wrong, but easy money is always grabbed first before hard money.

9. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By facilitating public transportation you get more of the core demographic of passionate soccer fans showing up to the games. The ones that cant afford to drive and pay 20 bucks for parking. The ones that are coming out especially in Hispanic Communities once a year to support foreign teams.
    Parking Is a big issue. we have games capped at 12 thousand because school is in session, and they need the additional parking. Promoting buses trains etc, could in essence allow them to sell more tickets regradless of the parking situation. We are then not stuck having superliga finals, or open cup finals with capped attendance. AEG wants this team to be like the big CLubs overseas, take a look at how those teams fans get to the games.

I know parking makes Buttloads of money. And always will. But Parking is a hassle at the HDC its hard to get in and out. Ever wonder why people show up late and leave early, I like to call it Dodger syndrome. People in this city are more worried about avoiding traffic then staying until the end of the game let alone showing up on time.

I for one am Happy the team is even discussing the idea of promoting transit to the stadium is at least being discussed. This city is drowning in its traffic problems, that will only get worse without alternatives.

ok end of rant

10. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Steve,
    Thank you for bringing Transit alternatives options for us who Like the idea of spending 20 bucks on Drinks at the stadium instead of Parking.
    I know your probably pretty busy with all the requests.

Below is a link to a site that might help you out with this, Its a bunch of transit junkies that do that kind of stuff for a living. Some of which i believe work for MTA some of which have high positions within the department. They have been a great resource for me ever since decided to ditch my car on weekdays. I believe they can provide better insight/options to what can be done to to make the idea more realistic.

http://transittalk.proboards37.com/

thanks for your time.

11. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

This is a perfect example of what we are looking for on this thread. Identify the problem and provide possible solutions. Great response to a difficult situation.

Keep them coming!!

Steve R.

12. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    People might know that for events at the Rose Bowl, there's a shuttle that runs from the Parsons Engineering parking garage in Old Town Pasadena to the stadium. Parking is free, the ride is $5 round trip. I'm not exactly sure if the City of Pasadena runs it, but it works really well--the lines can get pretty long, but I've never waited more than 10 minutes to get on a bus and get going--far far better than trying to park at the Rose Bowl.

Maybe that's a model that AEG could look at.

13. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA
    Steves ... Do we know if there is going to be a gear sale at the upcoming fanfest? Thanks!!

14. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yes,I believe there will be but I will get you an informed answer right away.

15. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good shout...

16. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I can confirm that there will indeed be an equipment sale at Fan Fest. See http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/t106/fans/fan_fest/ (updated Friday morning) -- payment forms are Visa, MC, AmEx, or cash -- no personal checks.

Fan Fest now starts at 10:30 am (30 mins earlier than the original time of 11:00 am).

Thanks for relaying the question!

Thanks to Lisa Rollins for the quick response to your question.

17. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed on that fan fest link that Steve R. posted that there is a "message board" link, and that it links to the BigSoccer Galaxy section! Might not be new, but that's the first time I noticed it.

Aack. But then linking from there changed my style sheet to "Big Soccer for Galaxy" which I didn't want. Oh, well, easily changed back.

18. Rodneyd

Rodneyd New Member

Aug 21, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate to say it, but I doubt the LA fans will ever be as good as Toronto fans.

The Toronto fans have something like 2,200 fans going to the Red Bull Sh*t game, where as the Galaxy has something like 10- 15 or so of us going to Denver. I doubt we will be able to get over a couple hundred or so to go to the San Ho game(s).

If we ever want to be as good as the Toronto fans, of some of the other team's supporter groups like Dog Crap United's; most if not all LA fans need to join a Supporter Group like the Angel City Brigade, LARS, or Galaxians and support OUR team both at home and AWAY.

How many of the Ambassadors are we going to see in Denver for the first game of the season?

19. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zing

PS: See you at Dick's!

20. WAX888

WAX888 Member

Feb 8, 2001
    Ontario, Ca.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If you are calling them out, I don't think that's fair. Whether or not fans go to away games, is far more correlated to an individual's financial situation than to their passionate allegiance to their team.

21. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    I don't think it was "calling them out" (or any of us fans) as much as a rhetorical question showing that we're not the same as Toronto fans when it comes to travelling. Now, whether that makes them "better" than Galaxy fans is a different question, but I think it's undeniable that they have more travelling fans than we do.

It's those hosers taking advantage of the weak dollar!

22. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Speaking for myself, you will not see me in Denver. Not because I am not a fan but because I have 2 children in school and playing club soccer. My time with them and helping with their school work is far more important than traveling to Denver.

With that said, my 2 boys make sue that any and all family vacations are not taken when the team is at home. Most vacations include a road game. Last year we took in Galaxy games in Toronto, New England, Dallas and Houston.

The measure of a fan is not if you travel with dollars spent on the road but rather measured with your heart. Is there no other way to show your support but to travel to another city?

And yes, I did take that one a little personal.

23. Rodneyd

Rodneyd New Member

Aug 21, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not nor was not calling ANY one out. All I was pointing out is the Galaxy fans are not as willing as other teams fan's, i.e. Toronto, Crapids, or Dog Crap United, etc. to travel to away games.

24. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't think that might have anything to do with the fact that, prior to SJE coming back to the league we are talking of thousands of miles for LAG fans as opposed to a few hundred for the Red Itch lads? (I'm obviously not counting Chivas, for a lot of reasons, but mostly because they don't count for anything.)

25. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Point of order, sir: you quoted me, but I didn't say it.

In fact, my ZING noted that it seemed you were being called out.
    I respect the good work you do, unpaid and above & beyond the call of duty. I'm glad Rodney clarified his comment.

I will be going to Denver though, which is a very rare thing for me indeed. My last away game was Chicago in 2006 for the the US Open Cup and MLS regular season games. FYI, along with Rodney, I was one of thirty or so G's fans there...