The LA Galaxy Wants You!

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Galaxy Steve, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    If they were treated like West Yorkshire's Finest treat us, I can tell you for definate that they wouldn't be wearing t-shirts advertising that they belonged to LARS!!

I very nearly got arrested last Saturday for standing in the Kop! The PC involved told me to "Sit the f*ck down" and I had just taken my seat, thus having my view blocked by 5,000 people standing, before a chant of "Stand Up If You Hate Man U" went round to save me. (Thats what you get when football matches are police overtime....b*stards.)

Am I right in thinking that LA's front office, for all their many and serious faults, actually encourage LARS to congregate and allow them to stand?

2. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

3. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

How fricking cool is that?

Awesome.:cool:

4. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    [​IMG]

As jealous as I am, it might be different if you had four fingered inbreds coming up from arse-end-of-the-world places like Millwall, who don't realise that you exit a bus through the doors. The scumbag who looks like he is wearing a blue skirt threw a stone through my car window (parked off to the left, I was stood behind the cameraman with the Leeds fans). Happily the copper tw*tted him with the baton and arrested him. The loudest rendition of "If you hate Leeds United have a go" I've ever heard. Might show your picture to some of the lads next time I see them. Bet they won't believe that.

5. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    Hear, hear! . . . see post 312.

6. bhlightnr

bhlightnr New Member

Jun 18, 2005
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But if I am not mistaken, there was no membership last year and it was in essence disbanded. My kids are/were charter members and we were told last year it would be no longer. Has that changed?

7. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    Hey Barry!
    I do not know. I will find out.
    Steve L.

8. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA
    Steves - Did you guys have a hand in the new STH websection and STH of the game? Hats off to you if you did. It shows the FO are really taking you guys and our thoughts/concerns seriously. Maybe its is sign of things to come ...

here is the link ...

http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/t106/tickets/sth/

9. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    Glad you see it that way! The FO Really does want to do more for STHs as well as all of the fans. If you are a season ticket holder you should have also received (yesterday or early today) an STH email with a new look and from a new email address: SeasonTicketBulletin@enews.lagalaxy.com

If you did not get the email check your "junk mail folder" if not there give your ticket rep a call and make sure that they have your current email address.

Thank you for your support!
    -Steve Lesse
    Ambassador
    LA Galaxy

10. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I beleive that you are correct. It is a sign of things to come. With all the negitive comments that the FO receives, they really have been and are trying to do everything they can. As ambassadors we are only your voice to the FO but hats off to the front office for the response to many of your requests. They do really care and want all of us to have a great time at the games.

Keep those cards and letters coming. Great stuff from everyone. Together we can make a difference.

Great job by Tim Martin and his staff.

Steve Rosenbery
    Ambassador
    LA Galaxy

11. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we get a run-down of requests granted by the FO since the creation of this thread?

Not trying to be snarky, just can't recall what they are. Was tailgating one of them?

12. columbo55

columbo55 New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Not to beat a dead horse, but back in Dallas, tailgating was the thing that brought the majority of my friends to the games. Pizza Hut Park actually has a specific area to tailgate, and it's encouraged! I know a number of my friends in LA has have been kind of down that there is no tailgating at HDC.

On the upside, my ticket Rep has been awesome, and even sought me out at the open practice.

13. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the only I thing I really want is for the Management of HDC and the school to let Flags in the stadium. LET OUR COLORS FLY AND SHOW THE WORLD IT IS OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

14. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steve's...

Here are more examples of the Galaxy not working with the press...

http://sidelineviews.blogspot.com/2008/03/mums-word.html

Why don't they develop relationships with the local media to help drive coverage of the team?

Also, how about that list of accomplishments from the FO since this threads inception as discussed a few posts back...

15. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I completely agree with your basic view that LAG must do a better job of cultivating the local media.

However, I am not sure this particular criticism or Nick's petulant column are completely fair. Nick had a press deadline. The LAG had a league imposed deadline to make their cuts. LAG had absolutley NO REASON to accellerate their decision making to keep Nick happy. For example, there could have been a lot of internal wrangling over whether or not to give Babayaro more time to show his stuff. Not an easy decision. They should cut that discussion short to please Nick? I don't think so.

For all we know, the FO was working the phones and trying to get something, anything, of value for Martino and Gray. They should cut those efforts short so Nick can meet his press deadline on a Monday column? I don't think so.

This is simply a case of LAG using all the time it had, and Nick getting snippy that he didn't have the info in time to go to press. Tough.

16. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    Here is the Galaxy's press release on players on waivers. I do not think that there was official word from any of the MLS teams sooner than this. I do know that Soccer America reported on the waivers last night...I still do agree with you and Cadaver that the Galaxy needs to develop better relations with the local Press, not all changes are going to happen over night.
    http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_ne...ent_id=141663&vkey=pr_lag&fext=.jsp&team=t106

As far as the list goes please go back to post 196 which has the report on our last official meeting with the FO. Since then we were able to make the open practice for STHS happen.
    We have another meeting this Friday and will be able to report back after that.
    Thank you,
    Steve Lesse
    Ambassador
    LA Galaxy

17. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steve can you please push for the flags being allowed back in the stadium!!!

18. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe LAG is afraid we would not be as careful as those respectful and restrained CDCUSA fans.....

:D

19. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    Have been and will continue to do so. The example I keep using is the Chelsea games I keep seeing on TV where nearly everyone in the stands has a Chelsea Flag, what an outstanding image!!! This is in a league where safety and security in the stands is paramount...

I really really want flags!!! In this case AGAIN it is the HDC not the Galaxy that is blocking this. Yes, I know that they are owned by the same parent company.
    -Steve

20. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    Yeah that's it!!!

21. Rodneyd

Rodneyd New Member

Aug 21, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I was at a Chelesa game in December I got a Chelesa flag they gave away at every seat. The pole is made of light plastic and I talked to a Security dude who said they chose that type of pole becase it does not really hurt when hit with it.

It did look great when all most every one was waiving their flag often.

22. desmodronic

desmodronic Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Steves,

I still haven't heard anything about my multiple posts suggesting/requesting that the Galaxy facilitate the usage of the subway/light rail for HDC access. I know there have been many posts about tailgating but the euro tradition of tailgating is probably the pre match takeover of the subway with the home team supporters singing and waving the team colors. It would be fun to see that happen here and also a relief to not be raped for exorbitant parking fees.

23. Javi925

Javi925 New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Steves,

Once again thanks for putting this tread together and organizing the open practice for STH. I believe you said you have a meeting with the FO this coming tuesday. From reading this thread I quickly outlined a few issues that we would like some responses too and see where we are at regarding them:

1. Flags allowed in HDC
    2. Facilitating the usage of subway/light rail for HDC access
    3. Tailgating
    4. Throwing streamers
    5. Galaxy working with the local media

If I left out anything please add. I hope we can get some answers regarding these issues next week.

24. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most of you know me (www.tommymack.com/jerseys.jpg). I'm kinda the non-Ambassador™ ambassador for the LA Galaxy. As one of the founders of the largest Galaxy supporters' group (www.lariotsquad.org), as well as assisting with the brand new supporters' group in GA (www.angelcitybrigade.com), I want everyone here to realize that there are many individuals truly FIGHTING for some of the basics that we have been deprived of. The fact that Dallas and Kansas City fans have more rights sickens me, and all of you, to the core. Hell, the fact that VISITING teams at the HDC have more rights is worse.

But there ARE people working on it. The HDC is a bit like a huge ship that can't change direction too quickly. Of course, the ship might hit the damn iceberg and lose it's fanbase, OR, god willing, it alters course to become the jewel of MLS that they "claim" it to be.

I'm with the Steves™ here; keep the constructive ideas coming. They'll (Ambassadors) work the FO for all fans, and we'll (LARS) work the FO for the more the more ardent supporters.

Tommy Mack
    LA Riot Squad

25. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed has nobody looked at gas prices lately, Maybe a shuttle to the stadium from the Artesia Blue line station can be set up. or have MTA or Torrance transit run the buses at more frequent times when theres games. These things can be promoted in the galaxy website, and offer some kind of discount for people that use public transportation. The only reason i cant use public transportation is because of the lack of buses in the evening. Again its something that could be looked at and promoted on the site, Make the team look like a green company, since its all the rage right now.