The LA Galaxy Wants You!

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Galaxy Steve, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one is going to take the blog seriously if they post crap like this:

http://thelagalaxy.blogspot.com/2008/02/weve-hit-halftime.html

An early Bare goal is all that separates the two sides as Gamba Osaka leads the Galaxy 1-0 at halftime. Despite the early deficit, the Galaxy have started to create a string of chances with Ely Allen and Edson Buddle each creating chances. Troy Roberts cleared a shot off the line and Cronin's made a couple of saves to keep the deficit to just a single goal.

All to play for in the second half.

How dishonest is that? We were desroyed in the first half. If the blog is going to be so dishonest it'll be a complete joke.

2. cleansweep

cleansweep New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Honolulu
    RE: fostering sense of inclusion/ownership, what are galaxies made of? Billions and billions of stars, as Carl Sagan used to tell us.

So how about something that plays off of the phrases "the many stars that make up the bigger galaxy," or "there are many more stars in the galaxy than the ones with bright names."

"The LA Galaxy's 'Stars' aren't the players--they're the loyal fans. Be a Star in our Galaxy."

Copyright 2008, all rights reserved. Will negotiate license in exchange for team merchandise/Beckham autograph for my daughter!! :D

3. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    Good suggestion. This already exists. The Galaxy Stars are the official youth club of the LA Galaxy...
    -Steve L.

4. cleansweep

cleansweep New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Honolulu

Oops--my bad. I don't know much about the Galaxy. I've only just started following them since watching the Wednesday match at Aloha Stadium (I'll be there Saturday, too). I'm thankful that home-grown hero Landon Donovan is playing before US fans, but felt bad that most Beckham-autograph hounds didn't know who he was the other night (except for the Japanese, who went ga-ga and posed for pics with him!).

Anyway, so how about the Galactic Troopers? The Deep-Space Reserves? Fan Base Alpha?

5. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone except charlesj27. :D

I wonder if that guy posts here. He has these long comments on that blog but I wonder if anybody reads them.

6. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those comments are highly censored. You have to be extremely blatantly blindly pro-Galaxy to get a comment through them.

I am as big a G's fan as there is, but I haven't gotten a single comment posted, despite putting 3 in. I had the gall, the audacity, to make minor criticisms of the Galaxy.

Whatevs...

7. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding the blog:

Again, what's the point? What useful information have we received on this Hawaii trip? Why are we learning about the reserve match from an earthquake supporter here on bigsoccer?

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661979

What does the blog exist for if not to give us the information on that scrimmage (and also of course the closed door matches against LMU and UCLA and a million other things they could do with the access none of us have)

I'm extremely disapointed and I'm still waiting for the Steves to give us the FO's position on this.

(As promised earlier in this thread)

8. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Blog could be SOOO much better. It's not a bad thing as is, it is just a shadow of what it could be though. There is huge potential there.

9. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think that's the way to look at it. Anything is better than nothing.

We have to be realistic. They aren't going to do any analysis or be critical of the team or it's players.

Given that, I would just like to see factual information - like who played in the reserve game (and where!) - along with the human interest features that they're more interested in doing.

10. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, reporting on the reserve game is the least they could do. I mean, they're there in Hawaii and were probably at the game, so why not mention it like it never happened?

And here we are relying on a Quake fan for the best information regarding team matters anywhere.

11. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. imadork

imadork New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Manhattan Beach
    While the original question and the subsequent reply's are fun to read, I am wondering why Steve & Lexi and whoever else makes decisions just dont put together a winning team?

When you STOP trading players the fans can actually remember names/numbers and become player fans. The rest will be accomplished on its own in the stands with the winning team spirit and commraderie.

But, when you trade and trade and trade and form a team with basically two core players (one really OVERPAID English guy and Donavan) you are forced to have the rest of your team be rookies.

I would just learn a new guys name and get over a trade resentment for thinking "you traded Hartman for this s**t"? and what do you know, the entire back line would be traded yet again.

Excuses, promises, promotions, injuries, hoopla, names of season ticket holders, new shirt designs, Beckham shirts, bacon wrapped hot dogs, bla bla bla. Who cares!

The fans want to see quality and winning SOCCER. Accomplish that and you have your loyal happy fan base for the life of the team.

Seamlessly weave in a new player here or trade off a bad player there, but STOP replacing the entire team at the same time. Pick a lineup and stay with it!!!!!!

Injury excuses are just that. You traded off perfectly fit and uninjured players for old decrepit limping ones. STOP IT!

13. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hahaha, when you say "Steve", surely you aren't refering to the two fan ambassadors who post here? I love what they are doing, and am thankful for their contribution to this forum and helping us have our voices heard, but I am pretty sure they are not involved in player and personal decisions. :rolleyes:

14. imadork

imadork New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Manhattan Beach
    LOL....fan ambassadors? What the heck is that? You know your team sucks when they need "fan ambassadors".

Is that really just a version of cheerleader?

15. imadork

imadork New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Manhattan Beach
    ATTN: mbar

you have me cracking up over here with your "Hey Lexi, Sexy soccer is winning soccer"

I sometimes wonder if Lexi reads these things and then realize he cannot possibly or he may have made better decisions last year.

Some of these posts by regular "fans" here have better suggestions/advice for the team than he can come up with on his own.

I still cannot believe he would be CRAZY enough to bring back someone with a nickname "the fish" because he is such a faker and a flopper. Who the hell wants to watch that guy take dives in the front line again?

I feel sorry for Beckham and ESPECIALLY Donovan because the level and quality of the play and players around them just keep going downhill. They must be frustrated as hell!

I went to the USC womens team V the Mexico national team game last night at the LA Colleseum and the level of play by both those womens teams was HIGHER than the LA Galaxy game I watched Wed. Both the women's teams can keep a play going longer than the Galaxy can. The Galaxy can only hold the ball 2 or 3 passes max unless it's playing around in the defense. The women can pass and hold in the midfield. Imagine that Lexi.

SAD! REALLY SAD. And, it's all Lexi's FAULT!

16. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't agree with this. They are definitely welcome and are already helping us make progress. read back through this thread.

17. WAX888

WAX888 Member

Feb 8, 2001
    Ontario, Ca.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don't think I am wrong when I say the majority of posters here really appreciate what these guys are trying to do for us. Please don't trivialize them. Them are working hard doing a thankless job.

As said above, please read the whole thread. They have done a lot of good already. They have no control over whether the FO decides to listen to us, but they are definitely doing their best to make sure the fan's voices are heard.

18. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    exactly right

19. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    These are good examples of what a blog could do. Hopefully our blogger will check them out and incorporate some of their ideas.

20. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    These are good examples. Our Blogger is traveling with the team for another 2 weeks so a little hard to get feedback to until they are back. We have another meeting with the FO staff soon and lots to talk about.

-Steve L.

21. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look in the sink. Whatever shred of credibility you might have had is going down the drain right now.

22. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just try to ignore the idiots...

23. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. The Galaxy Ambassadors are doing a smashing job for exactly what they are supposed to do: be fan representatives to the FO. They get paid... nothing. Their recognition... nothing. Who they are? Normal season ticket holders who stepped up to the plate to spend hours every week with the FO. My hat's off to them for this. I do not envy that.

2. They have nothing to do with "on the field". Steve R. is a cool dude, but he can't hire Zidane. Dammit.

3. We, as fans, should concentrate on "ideas" that the FO might be able to implement in order to make OUR gameday experience better. For instance, instead of saying "Bring back the bacon-wrapped hot dog vendors!", perhaps ask, "What if we got one vendor licensed to sell BWHD between this hour at this place and half proceeds goes to CSUDH". Putting up ideas is always better than complaining. That's progress!

4. Finally, before you all think I'm getting too Mr.Roger's Neighborhood on you, I just want you to know, I hate every single one of you equally.

Cheers,
    Tommy Mack
    Los Angeles Riot Squad

24. cleansweep

cleansweep New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Honolulu
    Mr. Mack-

I'm new to the Galaxy, so please excuse my ignorance. But on the LA Riot Squad's shirts, does the motto say "veni, imbibi, vici"? I would assume the paraphrase to mean "we showed up, we got toasted, and we kicked ass."

How's your group's rapport with the actual LAPD? Do they treat you like English soccer hooligans or give you props for promoting pro sports in the City of Our Lady, the Queen of the Angels?

Lastly, given your comments above, what do you think about finding a catchy name for STHs? "The Twelfth Man" is apparently taken, so I'm now leaning towards "The Third Stream" (as in "of revenue," after advertising/broadcast rights and merchandise licensing).

Aloha!

25. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VENI IMBIBI VICI... I came, I drank, I conquered. So, yeah, you pretty much got that right.

LAPD and the Sherrif's love us. No joke, we know a lot of the regulars by name and due to the fact that the LA Riot Squad prides itself on non-violence, we make their job easier. As for the HDC rent-a-zombie security? They are definitely a problem. They fail on all aspects of their job because they don't keep anyone safe and they have NO clue what the hell they are doing. They themselves cause more problems then solve.

Lastly, I don't care what STH's are called if we win MLS Cup. Until then, we are all the same: in financial debt.

tommy mack
    lars