The Kyoto Sanga FC Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by goru_no_ura, Mar 8, 2010.

1. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Some news that will make happy most of us.

Diego put up some weight during these weeks off, and has been now relegated to the satellite team.

Oki clearly taking no crap from him. What a bumble of joy if he'd sit his fat arse on the bench next Sunday...

2. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    They should force-feed him Fukushima vegetables as part of a new diet.

3. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Scoop: for the game vs the fag's (Okayama), Diego might be benched or EVEN out of the roster, but we might see Sanga Youth's Kubo as... starter!! :eek:

That is why he did not travel with the U18 to Dallas!

4. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'd love to see a team like Sanga using more of their youth players. They have a decent record in that sense and the quicker their production line, the better it will be for their future.

5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I believe this time Kubo, Ito and Miyayoshi should be in the 18-player list...

6. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Kubo and Miyayoshi are two that I'd definitely like to see more often, but I'm not really clued up on Ito. Still, the name sounds promising.

7. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, Kubo was extremely nervous and had a terrible first half, but he scored the crucial goal after a very good play. At 17, not bad. He was so shy after the game that eh could barely speak during the hero interview.

Diego, on the other hand, warmed up for about an hour and did not come in. The gossip is he is going to get cut.

With that said, this is the weakest Sanga I can remember. I made fun of FCT in another post, but I know two games they'll likely win.

Promotion in J1 is a 2-year plan, this year is to give experience to young players, and it would be good to finish in a one-digit position.

More than 9,000 at Nishikyogoku notwithstanding the initial storm was a great turnout. With Diego off the pitch, everybody enjoyed a relaxed afternoon, watching the young players with no expectations.

8. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly don't think he ever wanted to leave Verdy

9. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It makes sense: not much of a nightlife in Kyoto, and only one genuine Brazilian bar...

Anyway, at ca. 1US$/season I hope he won't be too sad...

10. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    But is Oki good enough to do something even similar to Levir Culpi has with Sanga?

Unless he genuinely doesn't have them playing the way he wants and needs to "breed" those players (not quite like Barca, but similar in a sense), then I don't think they can really get away with it without needing to seriously reinforce again on the way back to/at the very start of J1.

I'm not trying to say Kyoto's youth system isn't up to the task, obviously they've brought up some brilliant players, but it just doesn't seem like that kind of project would achieve their aims.

11. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, there are two factors: the last two years at U18 are very good: Komai and Ito last year, this year we have FIVE players in the U18 NT...

Second, next year Kyocera will syringe "a significant amount of money" into the club.

The big problem were Diego and Dutra's three-year contract at astronomical fees, for the players they are...

If you look at Kyoto as it is now, there are probably a couple, maybe three players who could play in J1.

So, there is a Sanfrecce/Cerezo/Reysol-like plan, but this year is just half of the whole thing.

Also, expect one strong player joining this summer already if Diego is disposed of.

12. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Diego Milito hasn't had a lot of game time this year... (And you could surely afford him if you combined the salaries of Diego and Dutra!)

13. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The combined salary of Diego and Dutra is more or less US$2m.
    (Problem is they both have this and the next season on their contracts)

With that money, if you're not a moron and have some connections, you can get two, even three top-class players.

Example: last year Geremi would have come for 0.5US$.
    That is LESS than what Sanga paid for Thiego (0.6US$)

Again, IF...

14. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Then it's settled.

Diego Milito and Neymar to sign with Kyoto Sanga for the 2012 season.

15. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My bet is that Sanga won't get Brazilians for a while...

16. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Alright, Diego Milito and... uh... Emerson. Because he's Qatari, ne.

17. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    At Tochigi: one student from my school starts, two former students on the bench.

18. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Please, please... Somebody tell me you saw Diego's "shot" at the 93rd minute of Sanga-Sagan.... :eek:

19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Kubo's right foot is a hammer.

20. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So sad to have such a talented kid, but surrounded by sissies like Diego, Taisuke Nakamura and Nakayama...

21. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Oh, btw, I think you might have heard, but Miyayoshi broke his foot, out five months... :(

22. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I have a question for you.

in your opinion, when a club decides to dismantle a team, not invest and still feed it to the supporters as "nah, it's cool"...

...can it be that it has to do with the fact that the supporters have been complacent during the days of decline, and minded more with Masushima's hairstyle than with the team sucking, notwithstanding some 3m US$ invested in salaries of mediocre foreign players?

:cool:

23. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think they have made it... They have finally destroyed Kyoto Sanga, turning it into what Verdy, Consadole and Trinita are: the carcass of a J.League club

Thanks to the management, to the Brazilian mercenaries and to the "Masushima fans," who think that the only thing a supporter can do is to chant--no matter what.

Quite a few of my friends who have been following this club for a decade or more are now talking about going to watch Cerezo or Vissel...

Yesterday, on Inter Channel Japan I was asked which Japanese club I support, and I said Sanfrecce. :)

24. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As I posted yesterday on Twitter, I couldn't tell if your players were human or if they were simply the practice dummies teams use to make FK walls.

None of our players were bad and Soutan played out of his mind, but even so Kyoto has to be a really shit team to make us look that good. So to that end you have my sympathies =P

25. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Whose players, excuse me...?

I waved my white flag quite a few months ago, it makes no sense to support Sanga, since the people who own it and rule it simply do not understand what football is. This club either will go under a magic transformation, or -more likely- will be relegated in JFL in 2-3 years and from there disappear...

Even at their peak, three years ago, Sanga's managers could not figure out how to have a TV show, or a goods' shop, let alone how to prepare a contract or build a stadium. It is really hopeless, and among the people who told me so there is for example their former manager...

Sanga are specialized in revitalizing cadaveric teams. Remember when Reds lost some 5-6 in a row last season? They came to Kyoto and won 4-0...

The series of defensive mistakes seen yesterday make Dokool's comment way too kind. With the exception of the poor Kubo and perhaps a couple more, the players in the club now are the leftover of the crappy team seen last year, and I strongly believe that for about half of them this is the last year as professional footballers.

For the other half, it would be JFL or a job at Tsutaya or 7-Eleven, as it should be.

We can't even use anymore the "They'll go to Vortis" joke, since Vortis is now much better than Sanga... :)

Regarding me, I do mildly support the Kansai teams (bad weekend we had there...), but my heart beats mostly for Sanfrecce. They were my team back in 94, and they are without any doubt the coolest team in Japan.