The Klinsmann Coaching thread, v1

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by bungadiri, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holly nichole music

May 3, 2012
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Edu in midfield is a fatal mistake. He's a defender or off thè team

Jones is overrated and past hid prime unless he is a our 6. Which he refuses to do
    So leave him off

Beckerman can only play against teams w/o speed He's like Torres. Spot duty only

Cameron Spector are our best pure d mids who can advancd the ball

Therefore JK better get religion fast and realize. 3 dmids won't work
    He needs a real attacking mid plus Bradley plus a 6 half the time
    And a 6 plus Bradley plus Cameron or Spector the other half
    D Williams and jones are far less important to us than others.

Marko72 and deuteronomy repped this.
  2. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good post, I haven't heard this expression in years.

3. SuperChivo

SuperChivo Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Wingers, for God's sake, please try to spread the pitch a little. When a player like LD is unfit then bring in another wide player.

4. holly nichole music

May 3, 2012
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    He did. But Gatt got hurt but I agree with the sentiment
    I'm still not worried. If JK does not make an adjustment next week then I will be very alarmed.

5. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    I have no idea what you're talking about. You think Bradley could help players in Europe as much as Klinsmann, but the guy couldn't even get himself a single job offer. He's still trying to break in by way of N. Africa ffs.

Nice to hear you've already declared defeat for us next week, btw.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hahaha. And then for you to down play it and make a smart ass remark mocking him. Trust me... he isn't the only predictable poster. ;)

SuperChivo repped this.
  7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Today the midfield reminded me of an early episode of Hell's Kitchen: 16 cooks compete. With 8 per kitchen. They all seem to suck, since they keep getting in each other's way. Often, those who seemed clueless that first episode make it far, and then you realize how much better they are when there are only four or three cooks per kitchen.

That's the problem as I see it. Redundancy of roles, players entering into the other guy's zone, stepping on each other toes. That makes the creation of anything for the forwards nearly impossible. They delegate responsibilities, pass side to side, pass to the backline. No pressure, after all, there are three or four of us, so if I don't do it, the other guy will.

A sort of "bystander effect." With actual football the poor victim, the Kitty Genovese.

8. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't even care who's right or wrong with predicting how JK would do. I just want my national team back.

Mr Martin repped this.
  9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They'll be back.

10. Adiaga Two

Adiaga Two Member+

Oct 4, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's pretty obvious by now that JK teams don't play well in the first 90 minutes of games.

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I know! It takes for Italy and Mexico to score on themselves for USA to win on their soils! :p

Seriously though, if we lose on Tuesday... freak out.

Right now, 2 amazing FK's (one mostly Beck's right boot's fault) is what killed us. If they actually did something with their posssession i'd be worried.

I am ok for now.

12. SuperChivo

SuperChivo Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Pollyanna, Jamaica was the best team on the night and the tactics and personnel decisions were unconventional, to put it softly. Italy and especially Mexico were severe bunker tactics with nice counters and a real commitment to numbers behind the ball. What happens when we have to go out and play? We will still make it to the Hex but does anyone feel better off then they did four or eight years ago?

13. Adiaga Two

Adiaga Two Member+

Oct 4, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't lie and say I haven't had feelings like this.

For as long as at least I can remember, the USMNT had been a team that played fun, aggressive soccer that played to our strengths even if it didn't earn many style points and sometimes left games too open for us to handle (which I much prefer to these single goal bores of the Klinsmann tenure). It was a very bold, at-times naive, but pretty unique and American interpretation of this game. The fact that we had low profile American coaches who weren't big timer narcissists fapping around with crazy formations and eccentric tactics only helped this team and its culture.

Despite what you'd think from all the garbage Klinsmann has peddled, this team did have a pretty established "American style" that was very endearing and respected by other nations.

And now it's all been thrown away (at quite a financial and competitive cost) so we can ape the tactical trend of the week and hope we get good write-ups from ZonalMarking.

How is anyone surprised that this didn't work?

Bonus_Game, Bolivianfuego and SuperChivo repped this.
  14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Pointless. Zonal Marking only analyzes games by European teams.

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This is the most truthful post I've read from someone who doesn't buy into JK's way of forming our NT.

Well said.

16. Gooch_Onyewu

Gooch_Onyewu Member

Jan 30, 2008
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why did we fire Bradley exactly?

17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Loss to Panama (1-2) in Gold Cup, on home soil. Followed by defeat in final to Mexico 2-4 (also on home soil).

18. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What frustrates me the most in JK doesn't call in the guys who best fit the style he wants. He's forcing the wrong players and playing them out of position, into roles they've never been suited for.

We don't even know if his idea of a system would work as he's still not calling in near the right players for it. That's the most concerning. He doesn't have a good grasp of the player pool, nor do I think the yes men around him do. So even if we were to switch back to more of a Bob style, who actually has confidence JK would pick the right players for it?

If he can't recognize the right players for the system he wants, why would I expect he'd recognize the right players for a system he sees as less than desirable? I wonder how arrogant he is behend the scenes and what he's like to deal with.

19. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    You mean the last 90 minutes of games.

20. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    Don't you see we are playing exactly the system he wants?

21. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    Caleb Porter!

22. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, I never said he wasn't. I said he hasn't picked the right players for his system. His formations change sometimes as he tries to cover and adjust but doesn't have much success as again, he's not picking the right players.

23. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    What other dmids do you want to see?

24. WondoSoWonderful

May 3, 2012
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    how about not 4 of them?

25. WondoSoWonderful

May 3, 2012
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I HATE klinsmann. Bradley was a superior manager. so far, results in qualifying have proved this.