The Klinsmann Coaching thread, v1

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by bungadiri, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, results are not the only thing which matters, far from it. That shows your intelligence level. You basically just admitted you can't analyze improvement on multiple levels, from players to teams to coaching. You've admitted you can't analyze the process. You've admitted your intellect doesn't go beyond a final boxscore, you just look to see if we scored more, if we did, good, if we didn't, that's bad. It means you don't understand the actual game.

2. lajake

lajake Member

Dec 29, 2011
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a jump in logic.
    Leaps in logic are for the intellectual lazy

Outperforming your opponent on the pitch does not translates to points always and points are what we allow the U.S. to advance so I will take being outperformed and winning than to the opposite

3. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

4. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny, your intellectual laziness doesn't allow you to analyze past a box score.

That is quite funny, actually.

5. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    As long as the US continues to put away 66.67% of its shots on goal in the Hex, the team is in good shape.

Mr Martin and cleansheetbsc repped this.
  6. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    You're the one that brought up the Mexico and Italy results.

And for a guy that runs his mouth as much as Klinsmann does about how our players lack ambition and haven't achieved sh!t, and how he's going to create an attacking proactive soccer culture, coupled with the fact that he is being paid 5x what the last guy was paid, maintaining the status quo is a decided failure.

Adiaga Two repped this.
  7. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Jimmy, how'd you do on your test today?

I got an A mommy!

Good job, Jimmy. How'd you go about studying and what study habits do you think worked?

I didn't study mommy, I cheated. I had the answers on my arm.

Jimmy, that won't help you down the road. You need solid study habits to help down the road.

But mommy, lajake said results are the only thing which matters. It doesn't matter how I got the result, all that matters is I got an A, and I keep getting A's when I cheat.

Jimmy, the process does matter, as that is what sets you up for future success and failure.

But mommy, lajake doesn't believe in the process and if I studied and got a B, I'd be worse off. All that matters is the A, not how I got it, silly mom.

Yes Jimmy, but studying, looking at the process and what works and doesn't is what will help you down the road.

But mommy, according to lajake, if I'm getting A's now, no matter how I go about doing it I'll be fine down the road. The process doesn't matter, all that matters is that I get A's and that means I'll be successful down the road. No need to worry about the SAT's next year, I'm getting A's now, woohoo!

Jimmy, stay off that BS website, it's making you dumb.

8. TheNearPost

TheNearPost Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ahhh right. Forgot about that. He still never even played.

9. lajake

lajake Member

Dec 29, 2011
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said that. I said that the results are what will allow the U.S. to advance

10. lajake

lajake Member

Dec 29, 2011
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team is no better off or worse off than it was with Bob Bradley.

11. lajake

lajake Member

Dec 29, 2011
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You reading comprehension is in the need of some serious help.

12. Foolishness

Foolishness Member+

Aug 15, 2012
    This thread has gotten bad.

Meaningful results > style of play.

Regardless, the play has been lacking, the results have been there. I'll take that rather than the opposite. We're in a huge transition. No playmakers, no width and people still clamor about how we look like it's the manager's fault. I'm getting a bit tired of hearing about how JK's a horrible coach because we don't play Gatt because he's fast or hearing the same false accusation of playing with 3-dmids.

JK is exceeding Bradley's accomplishments.

13. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Sad, isn't it?

Maybe that extra $2 million could go to something useful like foreign coaches for the youth system. And not Americanized ones like Klinsmann that focus on fitness.

Edit: Maybe I am being a little harsh on Klinsmann, as some of that money is probably earned back in the PR stuff and motivational speeches. But is that worth $2 million extra a year?

14. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    @ jond I get his record is not everything. It is however some indicator of whether he can get the job done and so far he has showed that he can. We need two attacking type guys to step up out of the ten or so on the radar and we are golden. I think he is going to get it all sorted out this summer and if he does not call LD up then i am going to
    [​IMG]

While big soccer melts down.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  15. TheNearPost

TheNearPost Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So now it seems we've come to the results vs style discussion again. Talk about full circle, huh?

I'm usually a results guy, and when it comes to World Cup qualifying, I'm definitely not going to bitch about getting the results we need, especially if one of them includes a shut out in Mexico. Hell no.

But, I do take issue with this supposedly being a cycle based around getting the team to play a more proactive style of play and us looking nothing like doing so whatsoever. I take issue with a coach who talks about his understanding of the player pool like he grew up swimming in it, but then mentions how surprised he is by the talent in MLS after a January camp.

It's just a complete farce, in my mind.

GVPATS77 and SPA2TACU5 repped this.
  16. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You said:

Reading comprehension is perfectly fine. If you meant to say something else, learn to type.

17. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course, I agree with that. Results do matter. However to take a huge leap and say results are the only thing which matters is ridiculous. Especially on a forum where we analyze/discuss.

18. lajake

lajake Member

Dec 29, 2011
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Find my quote in which I said I only look at the box score and not watch the match

19. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol. Of course you ignore your quote I just posted. I can see why you have all of 21 reps. You offer nothing. Waste of time.

20. lajake

lajake Member

Dec 29, 2011
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the end they are because they are what allows you to advance

21. lajake

lajake Member

Dec 29, 2011
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can say the same for you but I would rather spend my time on something else

22. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Since I am trying to play nice tonight, I have to concede a point to you on the player pool argument. I really have no rebuttal for that since it did seem at times he was clueless. I can make no argument on behalf of MOF or using DW on the wings.

23. Pkauffma

Pkauffma Member

Feb 23, 2007
    HI
    No, my argument was starting squad selection and tactics, I said nothing about capping players. But since you have a biased position you see things that don't exist and then argue against them. If that isn't the definition of ignorance and stupidity, I don't know what is.

What data backs up your statement? None, because you don't have anything to go on here. Wow, you are again proving your own ignorance.

The guy took Robbie Findley to WC2010 and couldn't get over Ricardo Clark or Jonny B. Please don't try and defend him. Btw.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance

It describes only one person here, but we know you aren't going understand that because you may very well be a lead contributor to this encyclopedic entry. and not as a writer if you get my drift.

24. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    It's not like Klinsmann cheated, but more like he took a multiple choice test and randomly checked some boxes and then got a C but not an A.
    Not to mention that one time when there was a blizzard...

25. TheNearPost

TheNearPost Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And they STILL didn't cancel class until we were almost an hour into the damn test...