The Kevin Molino Hype Party Boat Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Kick The Ball, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Well Inter Miami CF snapped him (Joevin Jones) up !!!!

Bill Archer repped this.
  2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #52 Bill Archer, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    He was cut by Seattle back on December 15 and finally got an offer from Miami after being without a team for 3 months, more than a week after the start of preseason training.

I'm happy for him and wish the guy all the best but "snapped him up" is not a particularly apt way to describe the way Miami settled for him after exhausting other possibilities. "Snapped him up" would have been back in December.

I wasn't suggesting that he isn't a useful player, just that he wouldn't see the field at any position he is likely to play and he's too expensive (TAM contract) to have around just to sit.

3. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    #53 Kick The Ball, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    BTW, He was let go at the END of the MLS 2020 season back in December, Seattle didn't give him a new contract, not like he was cut in the middle of the season. I am sure some of the other MLS players that was also let-go at the end of the 2020 MLS season are still looking for Clubs... At least Joevin got a shot and that says a lot being a TAM contract player..., right?

He had trials with others teams since and had offers in Turkey with Denizlispor and from Belgium's Mechelen, but opted to stay in the US because his family likes it there and have settled in well. So he was glad to have had the opportunity to stay in the US when Inter Miami offered him a 2 year contract.

If I use the word snapped up, well, not everyone speaks the perfect American language. I'm from Trinidad and maybe we use that term here. Did it go with my post, maybe, maybe not.

I know he is not a BIG player in your eyes as well as many MLS fans, but I am glad for my countryman and I hope he can give it his all because he's already 29. He may or maynot start, who knows, I hope and wish he does and really surprise a few teams like he did with Seattle after Toronto didn't choose to sign him, he came back and really made them pay the price.

Hopefully with a new challenge and a new team, he will rediscover some of his past eagerness and hunger to do better.... 29 is old for a soccer player, but not old enough to still perform well and give a solid 2 years of his career.

crew2112 repped this.
  4. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, to start with you can't cut players in the middle of the season. Not permitted.

Secondly, Jones is coming off a bad year. He was out injured and when he did come back he had a really poor MLS Cup performance.

But aside from all that, nobody is suggesting that he's not a good player, just that the Crew has no place for him. We have a brilliant young left back that Jones cannot beat out of a job, and a serviceable veteran backup who is much less expensive than Joevin Jones is.

What part of " the Crew don't need him and can't afford him" do you not understand?

5. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Copy that !!!!.... and fully understood !!!

Crew is a solid team and really deserve being champs because they stood together and fought hard for it !!!

Wishing Crew and now Miami (lol)... the best for the new season, can't wait for the new season.

6. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And if you should run into my great good freind Lasana Liburd over at Wired868, tell him I said hey.

7. CBusAlex

CBusAlex Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SCRAPE OFF THE BARNACLES AND MIX UP THE RUM PUNCH, THE PARTY BOAT IS BACK

CybrSlydr, Bill Archer, zman31 and 5 others repped this.
  8. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    All aboard.......

9. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Hopefully this rebuilt engine holds up

TKyle repped this.
  10. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Buckeye Nation
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot this thread existed…

kgilbert78, LaMacchia and TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  11. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2022-9-19_8-0-26.png

Red Stripe for everyone

Unless you've reserved space on the @chr1st rum tour of the island

chr1st repped this.