The Kashima Antlers Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Shizuoka, Dec 5, 2009.

1. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They tried to sign him (Gu Sung-yun) as well as Kim Seung-gyu from Kobe but weren't successful.

Radu Razvan and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  3. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
  4. Myuziq

Myuziq New Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Whispered11 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  5. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Pedro Junior is left Kashima and joined Chinese club Wuhan Zall.

Kashima'S squad needs to be strengthened, as both Ueda and Pedro Junior leaving the team, and Shoji's impending transfer to Europe.

I wonder what kind of acquisitions they will do?

6. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I don't see Pedro a big loss.

7. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Not too sure, from what I have seen of him, he performed at least decently, even though it is not too special.

On another note, I hope Misao can also leave for Europe this season, if he can improve in this 4 years, I can see him replace Hasebe's role next WC. I hope other players like Yuta Nakayama, Tatsuki Nara and Iwanami, etc. can emulate players like Ueda and also move to Europe to improve themselves so that Japan can have more CBs/DMs choices to pick from in the next WC cycle.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  8. yanagibashi

yanagibashi Member

Eintracht Braunschweig
    Japan
    Jan 3, 2018
    kashima will be fine. they have a great reputation in nurturing raw talent and have no problem attracting (thanks to their scouts) best young players across japan.

yuma suzuki, hiroki abe, yuki kakita, taiki hirato. their next generation looks solid. they just signed number one cb in youth football ikuma sekigawa.

9. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Actually, I think that Suzuki should go to Europe, maybe to leagues like Belgium, Austria or a 2nd Division side of the top 5 leagues. It might help him to improve.

He is a CF like Osako, moving there can help him improve his physical attributes like holding the ball up and playing with his back against defenders, etc. I feel that now is just right for him. He is ready to move imo.

10. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Kashima will be fine for sure, but they will probably have a few mediocre seasons coming up now before the next generation is ready.

I had a look at yesterday's lineup, and can't remember Kashima having a weaker starting eleven:

GK: Kwoun
    DF: Nishi, Inukai, Machida, Anzai
    MF: Endo, Nagaki, Misao, Abe
    FW: Doi , Suzuki

There are a few good names here like Misao, Endo and Suzuki, but overall it looks poor. They were missing players like Uchida, Yamamoto, Shoji, Ueda, Silva, Kanazaki and Ogasawara (bench) though.

11. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Was Shoji injured or something else yesterday? I am surprised he did not start.

12. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, Inukai tried a strange save on Yamada's goal by throwing himself on the ball. Backwards.

13. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yuma Suzuki is on fire:

1022079822552604672 is not a valid tweet id

14. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    I am surprised that only clubs like Portimonense are interested in him. I was wondering if a BL club would be interested in him.

15. yanagibashi

yanagibashi Member

Eintracht Braunschweig
    Japan
    Jan 3, 2018
    Machida with an impressive assist last night, other clubs should take note and actually show faith in their younger players instead of awkward short term signings.

Taiki Hirato out on loan with 3 goals (should be 4 after his FK not awarded despite replays showing it crossed the line) and leading J2 with 11 assists.

16. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Also, Kakita doing a good job on loan at Zweigen Kanazawa. It seems like Kashima will have new fresh blood for 2019.

17. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    How is Sugimoto Taro doing?

18. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, but not so well in 2018. Still, being coached by Rodriguez will bring some upgrades to his game.

19. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Portimonense is ready to activate Suzuki's buy-out clause as Kashima really wants to prevent him from leaving. Not sure if Suzuki really want to push through this movie though.

20. yanagibashi

yanagibashi Member

Eintracht Braunschweig
    Japan
    Jan 3, 2018
    imho best to wait until end of the year. then shoji and suzuki make the step up to europe.

21. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Shoji will be 26 by year end, not sure if European teams are as willing as they are now.

22. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yuma Suzuki exceeded Yuya Osako's record in the amount of goals scored in their first 4 seasons.

Suzuki and Osako both turned pro when they are 19. Osako scored 37 goals in his first 4 seasons with Kashima in all competitions. While with today's goal against Shonan Yuma Suzuki scored 38 goals in his first 4 seasons in all competitions, and there are still matches to be played in his fourth season as a pro at Kashima.

Not to mention Suzuki's work-rate and willingness to drop to midfield to help the team in the build-up, all of that indicate that Yuma Suzuki is a better player than Osako when he was in his age.

Whispered11 repped this.
  23. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Well, if he's Osako-class then he should stay in Japan for the end of his playing time. Maybe he will beat Okubo.

24. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Anyone knows how Machida is performing as of lately?

Has not really seen him playing lately, then again, I do not have the time to watch the J league lately. Thought he was performing well for a few games a while back then but lately I haven't seen him a lot. He did not start in both legs of ACL when I watched it.

25. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Won 3-2 against Guadalajara.
    They will now face Real Madrid on wednesday I believe?