The Jurgen Klinsmann's coaching Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by bungadiri, Feb 21, 2015.

1. ForceMultiplier1994

Jul 5, 2016
    Filthadelphia
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Klinsmann biggest warts were that debacle in the Gold Cup and his issues in World Cup qualifying after all the MLS millionaires got pissy and detached themselves.
    He got the team into the knockout stage of the World Cup after losing his striker and one of his best players in Altidore and had the team competing at a high level against the biggest countries in the world in friendlies.
    Bruce Arena would have been starting Omar Gonzalez the entire 2014 World Cup and would have had Graham Zusi at RB.
    John Brooks, Deandre Yedlin and Jermaine Jones would have been playing Candy-Crush on the bench.

2. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #13452 OWN(yewu)ED, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    He was TRYING to get his players to tear apart books for christs sake. There was no causation whatsoever in what he is doing and what you imply he was trying to do. None. He was not that clever. You took the words of a snake oil salesman hook, line, and sinker. There is not one iota of evidence he did anything to "shake up the system" at the youth level, that such a shocking fallacy that it sounds like something Sean Spicer would spew. Lie number one, debunked

Comfort zones, like Tim Chandler??? Hows his comfort zone with the national team?? He could have been playing for Bayern freaking Munich and I wouldnt want his mindset anywhere near the national team because he played like garbage every single time. Fabian Johnson fell into the same mindset, who your boy threw so publicly under the bus when he was actually on form. After that dressing down, he was never the same. You must have been so proud of that lecture in comfort zones. Lie number two, debunked

His brat wont ever become a player just like Julian Green wont ever become a player. Just like Caleb Stanko wont be a player. That tweet was Donald Trump level stupid, and from a US fan perspective, possibly dumber, and he deserves to be crucified for it. I know that may hurt your feelings princess, but theres stupid..........and then theres STUPID. and that, was STUPID. I Twitter has been around for how long now?? Internet lives forever, even when youre young (and frankly he was the age where he knew what he was doing). Hes learned that the hard way, and bluntly, he deserves it and so does Daddy. I know id be ashamed of my kid if he said something that stupid, but when your dad is the father of lies, i guess its a learned process.

3. ForceMultiplier1994

Jul 5, 2016
    Filthadelphia
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hate to tell you but the USMNT didnt fall apart because of Tim Chandler.
    And thats with the opinion that Chandler should not have been brought anywhere near the USMNT, he wasnt really interested in being here despite a terrific physical skillset.
    That should have been picked up on and he should never have been brought into the 2014 World Cup camp, youll get no argument here.
    Klinsmann tried to get rid of the country club mentality and malaise that had settled in.
    And it started under Bob Bradley in that 2011 Gold Cup, not under Klinsmann.
    You keep ranting about Klinsmann's kid, let it go, seriously.
    Hes a kid, kids are idiots, and now everyone has a little microphone in front of them giving them access to the world.
    Klinsmann guided a team thru a tough group and took Belgium into overtime despite being woefully outgunned.

4. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why so angry?

You seem angrier about a 17 yr old's tweet four years ago than missing the WC. I see worse on twitter every single day.

ForceMultiplier1994 repped this.
  5. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    This isn’t about the national team. This is all petty BS.

There are a couple of comfortable German-Americans and being bent out of shape about a teenager tweeting something while lashing out a couple of young kids who got a few minutes.

Lie number 1 is the one that I have found amusing for so long. The amount of time and outrage that Klinsmann would take up 60 minutes of the players life to listen to a motivational speaker is what is clear evidence of bad he was for the US. I had always thought coaches did things like this. I searched the internet and to my surprise a number of MLB teams have brought in that very same speaker. I guess the Dodgers, A’s, Cubs, Royals, Braves, Marlins, and Yankees have all been run by idiots. Or maybe it is a bunch of clowns on the Internet who think they are too cool for it and were looking for anything to complain about.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dave-roberts-plaschke-20160330-column.html

http://www.ibabuzz.com/athletics/20...tively-to-loud-pregame-oration-from-chaplain/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-cubs-find-motivation-20160319-story.html

http://fox4kc.com/2016/03/16/watch-ned-yost-breaks-bricks-with-bare-hands/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ational-speaker-who-breaks-brick-on-his-chest

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/03/17/marlins-don-mattingly-donnie-moore-cinderblock-video

https://www.newsday.com/sports/base...oore-the-man-who-amazed-the-yankees-1.3587024

TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  6. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Phil Jackson used to make the Lakers meditate, do tai chi and find their inner zen.

7. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    None of which would have been such an issue if he hadn't decided to play politics and leave Landon Donovan at home.

Let's go over that World Cup again:

Scored early against Ghana, then spent the remainder of the game under the cosh until they equalised, only to grab a late winner.

Played well against a Portugal side that turned out to be nowhere near as good as billed, but dropped two points from a late equaliser.

Pretty much rolled over to Germany in the final group game.

Got peppered with shots for 180 minutes against Belgium and were lucky not to be on the end of an ugly hammering.

I'll grant you that my assessment of that World Cup was "job done", but far too much credence is paid to the anticipated difficulty of that group, versus what actually came to fruition. There was nothing especially impressive about the US's ultimate performance and certainly nothing to hang your hat on and say that Klinsmann made a mark there.

8. ForceMultiplier1994

Jul 5, 2016
    Filthadelphia
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I don't get angry at what kids do, mostly because............they're kids.

9. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    I just saw this. Read my post. Do you really think that I was trying to absolve Arena by blaming Klinsmann for the US not qualifying? That is actually the opposite of what I said. I am sorry that you feel I am a shameful hypocrite. I may not sleep very well tonight.

10. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    I’m confused.

Klinsmann had no role in whether we qualified?

barroldinho and bigredfutbol repped this.
  12. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    barroldinho repped this.
  13. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    get that $$$$ Jurgen

TOAzer repped this.
  14. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perfect job for him.

15. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #13465 Paul Berry, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    1 player older than 30 started the game (Howard).
    2 of the used subs were older than 30 (Dempsey, Feilhaber)
    6 of the unused subs were older than 30 (Beasley, Wondo, Zusi, Rimando, Cameron, Guzan)

Mr Martin repped this.
  16. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    So much angst for two talented young players players that have gotten very few USMNT minutes (361 for green and 17 for Stanko.... all friendlies with exception with 15 mins and goal at the World Cup in 14). Both still have enough time to make something of their careers.

17. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Green has started 6 games and made 1 sub appearance in 2 BL. His team are 17/18.

Stanko has made 1 start and 1 sub appearance in BL. His team are 16/18.

18. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Green is 22 and Stanko is 24. Green probably stuck it out too long for his dream to play at Bayern and Stanko worked his way from youth team, to the second, to a loan, to finally being a bench player with Freiburg in the BL. As I said before, both still have time to make something of their careers. Neither has gotten any material amount minutes for the USMNT and not sure why fans refer to them the way they do.

TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  19. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should learn to play left-back. Anyone can play left-back.

Bajoro, russ, Mr Martin and 5 others repped this.
  20. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Haha... unfortunately, the coach who people should be talking about picked a left back who was too slow and in over his head applied your joke to right back that turned out to be an utter failure.

Any objective USMNT fan would be excited to have those guys for the small probability they put the pieces together (green) or a versatile player with strong leadership abilities whose ceiling is much higher than Dax McCarty. The day of average mls players getting caps is hopefully over. It is a shame Canouse threw in the towel.

21. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [1] It is an objective fact that the probability is so small that only a Bsky22 could get excited. One wonders at it, but then one remembers how excited Bsky22 became with Jurgen's 0 points in the Hex. If anyone can revel in the spirit of the infinitesimal it is JK's Laplace.
    [2] When the player is still in the basement, it is heady stuff to imagine the height of that potential ceiling. Let him keep it up for another 24 years and it's going to be mighty impressive.
    [3] The day of inferior UnderBundesliga players getting caps is hopefully over.

barroldinho repped this.
  22. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    For all the criticism that Arena gets for Zusi, Zusi was far from the reason we didn't qualify and he wasn't Arena's biggest mistake. As for McCarty, I believe we would have qualified if he had been in against T&t. I'm not saying he was the best option that Arena had but that he would have helped solidify our midfield. Of course we will never know. As far as objectivity goes....I don't think any of us are truly objective are we? I try to listen and to be objective but I probably don't do that good of a job.

russ, Mr Martin, juveeer and 1 other person repped this.
  23. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the left back that we played in a must point match v T&T disproves your point.

24. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you miss the sarcasm?

Paul Berry repped this.
  25. TheHoustonHoyaFan