The Jozy Shore - Keeping it Villarreal 9/10 in the 18 for Espanyol

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by appoo, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: The Jozy Shore - Fist pumping our way to the Black Sea 8/5 Besiktas back on?

oh gosh if there ever was a day to turn out for his career tomorrow would be that day...

2. ClevelandForce

Jan 27, 2010
    Re: The Jozy Shore - Fist pumping our way to the Black Sea 8/5 Besiktas back on?

[​IMG]

3. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    Re: The Jozy Shore - Fist pumping our way to the Black Sea

great if he plays against besiktas.

but how absolutely stupid and nonsensical would it be for him to play that game on sunday then fly across an ocean and several time zones to play a friendly against brazil on tuesday. what earthly reason is there for putting his body thru that at the beginning of such an important season in his development.

4. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i dunno man, IMO if it was Donovan or Bradley we would be praising his fitness and his warrior mentality.

5. vponce75

vponce75 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 16, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well yes if it were a WCQ but for a friendly for a coach who already knows what he can do and may not even be the coach for much longer? Doesn't seem to make sense to me either but what do I know?

6. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
  7. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

;).

I told it before pages....
    I gues He will fly with Besiktas team after this game....

8. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003

Per Fifa, Clubs have to release a player atleast 48 hours prior to a International Game.

The game v. Besiktas is @ 20:30 in Spain on 8/8 (minus the Internationals who have been called) and I believe the US-Brazil is @ 20:30 in US on 8/10.

Moreover, if Besiktas are really keen on signing Jozy, then I doubt he plays
    against them.....(FIFA rules or not)

9. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

:rolleyes:

how come?

10. nltbk

nltbk New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Club:
    Trabzonspor

As reported by Trabzonspor Official Website, Jackson Avelino Coelho (Jaja, age 24) from FC Metalist Kharkiv, presented today as Trabzonspor's new striker signing.

I don't think Jozy will join Besiktas neither. According to transfer rumours, Besiktas is about the sign Bursaspor's striker Sercan.

Best wishes for Jozy.

11. JuanPeron

JuanPeron Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines

Classy gesture, good luck for the season.

12. nltbk

nltbk New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Club:
    Trabzonspor

Thanks. Trabzonspor fans really wanted that Jozy to be part of our team. Anyway, again best wishes for him.

PS: Latest result.
    Turkish Super Cup Final :
    (Turkish Cup Winner) Trabzonspor 3 - 0 Bursaspor (League Champions)
    Hat trick by Teofilo.
    New striker signing really effected him :)

13. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007

Still not sure whether Jozy will be playing today for Villarreal against Besiktas.

He hasn't tweeted in 6 hours, which could mean he's on a flight home or with the Villarreal prior to the match (also, Jozy's most recent tweet is about how sad he is to see Mathis retire. Classy).

Match is at 2:30 EST and there are streams.

14. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Also, we learn that like alot of people in this forum his favorite Mexican team is Pachuca. What a strange coincidence!

15. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

FWIW Rossi has already made it to Florence to join up with the Italy squad.

16. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007

No Jozy in the starting XI for Villarreal (not that I expected it). :D

17. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence

Any idea whether he's on the bench?

18. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007

I just saw a very black guy that could be Jozy that was sitting in uniform on the bench. The stream isn't good enough to tell 100% for sure. I'm going to check Wiki to see what other black guys they have (besides Senna).

I'll start the matchday thread if there are no other options.

19. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007

After looking on Villarreal's website Jozy seems the most likely. I'll start a matchday thread.

20. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000

i thought that was jozy too. but i couldn't be sure.

21. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007

I think Jozy should stay with Villarreal, although he did not hurt his transfer value today.

22. Borte

Borte New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Club:
    Trabzonspor

Last night Trabzonspor won the Turkish Super Cup by beating Bursaspor 3-0. Trabzonspor also announced their new transfer Jaja right before the game. Jaja is a Brazilian Striker who was the player of the year in Ukraine 2 years in a row and is valued around 7 mil Euros. Altidore transfer is closed. Jaja is a better fit for Trabzonspor. Altidore would only be a bench player. I don't think Besiktas would be a good fit for him either. I doubt that he would get much play time.

23. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007

Well he scored a goal against Besiktas approximately 10 minutes ago for Villarreal.

2-2 final.

24. vponce75

vponce75 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 16, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He looked good today. Got a good goal and made some good runs.

25. Borte

Borte New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Club:
    Trabzonspor

Good for him. I hope he does not move to Besiktas. He can develop better in a different club.