The José María Gutiérrez Hernández Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by gazzad_5, Nov 10, 2004.

1. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: Guti

haha...well thanks for calling him out, I was about to but whatever. That was kinda weird though.

Either way, back on topic, Guti had these things to say a few days ago.

He said:” The first sensation is a good one,"

"We have a new president in charge, more behind the scenes, who just wants to work for the club and give everything for the fans, leaving the responsibility for the sporting side to those that understand it.

"That is fundamental for the club."

"This year they are looking at every position and for a balance to ensure that Real Madrid is not just about names, not with six players that sell shirts and not win any trophies,"

"We had an example of that in the World Cup when Brazil were clear favourites beforehand, but Italy ended up winning it."

When asked about Real’s pre-season schedule Guti said: "It is good to see the pre-season that we have," he said. "The tours are very important for this club and make sense economically, but it is obvious that such trips are exhausting when changing country and continent all the time.

"To have a calm pre-season makes the normal season much better."

-- Good attitude, if nothing else.

2. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004

2 years on, and with the retirement of Zidane, the exit of perez etc Guti seems to have astablished himself as one of the first names on the teamsheet. something i have liked seeing. i feel that now Zizou has gone Guti has taken on the extra responsibility of playmaker really well, and most impressed me in El Derby. Do you think this is the start of some consistant form from Guti?

3. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006

No, he doesn't have half the creativity Zidane has. He often times holds on to the ball too long which brings all the defenders back. And sometimes his passing isn't on par, like when he tries to lob it to someone the wing - he overhits more often than not. He's not a real OMF, his real role should be a CAM like Xavi, Inietsa, etc. but we do not play with CAM's so we have to stick him at his current position. He used to link up really well with Zidane when he did play in his natural position.

Hold on, I think I hear the Guti fanboys rolling in.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005

So your point was to come and bash Guti to get attention? :rolleyes:

Guti does just enough to help the team and sometimes is great. Can he remain "in form" that still needs to be proven.

If he doesn't he should be given time, if it persist then be replaced, simply put. This rule should go for all our players.

5. gringotuno

gringotuno New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Miami, Florida

I think Guti will surely prove to be more consistent than he has in the past. People don't remember that he was a regular fixture in the team until a few years ago. And in those times, he was rather consistent. (The year i lived in Spain was the year he scored like 15 goals... he was my hero then.)

First off, I don't think that Guti was really as inconsistent as people made him out to be. When you are a sub like he was, he was usually put on in times that we really needed him. If he did his magic, people loved him. If he had an average day, people said he was inconsistent. So, i think there was a little bias to that label.

But, now that is gone and I do think that the confidence he will gain by being a regular starter will only improve his being consistent.

6. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Who the hell compared Guti to Zidane? gazzad just said that Guti is doing well, end of.

7. Makeudonald

Makeudonald New Member

Sep 3, 2006

Guti is decent and good enough until we find someone better available to buy.
    Zidane was one the greatest football players of all time.
    There is not comparison between his talent and Guti's
    It's simple and everybody knows it.
    Even if Guti was consistent, he would only be decent.

8. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Decent? You're kidding right?

9. Makeudonald

Makeudonald New Member

Sep 3, 2006

Well perhaps that we don't have the same understanding of the word.
    What I mean by decent is that he is not a great player but one you can count on. I don't mean that he is mediocre.

10. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006

Yes, he is just decent. He's not as dependable as you think, I have yet to see him turn a game around for us when we were losing. For Guti to be effective, everyone else around him has to be effective as well. He's no rain-maker. :rolleyes:

11. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Along with Iker and Reyes he is the best player for us at the moment.

12. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005

:confused: Reyes hasn't played a competitive game in over a month.

Maybe you meant Robinho?

13. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Maybe. ;)

14. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Oh sorry yes. I don't know how I typed Reyes.

15. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

^I wonder how Robinho will fare in Guti's position .. I mean, there are chances of Guti getting injured or suspended .. Who do we have in our current team who can replace him, if not so effectively ?! Raul ? Cassano ? or Robinho ? All of them support strikers and not true wingers ..

16. Makeudonald

Makeudonald New Member

Sep 3, 2006

None of them are playmakers. Seeing Kaka's performance the other day, I want him to be our priority buy next summer. Meanwhile I think Robinho is the most capable.

17. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles

My true MotM was Guti's Hair.

I'm a fan of Guti but I won't miss that thing on his head that looked like an old piece of elastic from my mom's sewing drawer. Please god, let it stay in the drawer where it belongs!

18. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006

I like the new hair

19. Steeley

Steeley New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re: The Real Madrid News Thread [R]

At what exactly? :confused:

20. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

It's purely coincidental that nearly every single player that comes to Madrid finds Guti brilliant... or not.

21. WickedSensei

WickedSensei Member

Jan 4, 2007
    UK, Bristol
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Yea something seems very odd there...it really seems like every player points out Guti as the one who stands out the most...what are we missing :confused:

22. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

His talent. I wouldn't like to be part of the " we" in your sentence though, because I see it clearly.

23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well in that case, since you are seeing all this so clearly,then surely you also see the large amounts of douchebaggery he brings along with his fantastic talent....right? Don't try and act like he hasn't brought much of this criticism on himself...let's not be naive either way.

He's obviously talented, but unfortunately he's also obviously a gigantic pain in the ass.

24. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007

While I agree Guti has bought this criticism on himself the fact that a new player like Alonso would single him out is pretty telling in a way IMO. While as fans we interpret some of his actions as "douchebaggery," they don't seem to affect his teammates as much as they do us. I think some people underestimate his value as player but it looks like those whose opinions matter most (ie teammates, management) don't. And I agree let's not be naive either way ;)

25. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I have no trouble admitting to Guti's idiotic behavior, and I have no trouble with Pellegrini leaving him off the squad list until he sees fit.

The opposing viewpoint must always be discussed though, in this forum it's all " Guti sucks so bad I hope we sell that good for nothing asshole". If a neutral(or perhaps a new member who isn't very familiar with the players) was reading that he would think Guti was a terrible player, I don't want that to be the case, Guti is immensely talented and has had more than his share of brilliant games this season, but he also can be a major ass on and off the field at times.