The José María Gutiérrez Hernández Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by gazzad_5, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Re: Guti

What a loss that would have been if Guti would have left? It seems when he comes on, Real have another dimension. Although he played well as a DM, he is more suited behind the strikers (like he is being used now). That's what I like most about Luxa... He uses the players in the positions they are comfortable in.

2. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain

except for gravesen!!!

3. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005

....and Baptista...

4. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain

and helguera

5. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005

Oh, stop it. :D

6. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004

i agree with lockjaw. in this forum MOST people watch games and see guti as a superb player, although in general, none real madrid fans for example, people criticise him an dlove to hate him. although many people seem t love to hate most real madrid players over here.
    its interesting actually, us english are very anti-foreign, well not as in individuals, bu the leagues. in england the premiership is seen as the dogs bollocks and no other league compares. so any player or team from la liga or serie A does not seem to be respected how they should. this is why i am pleased when villarreal for example show everton ow football is played, and i hope they can do it again tonight. although that is wandering off topic

7. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005

Oh, I see - so Lockjaw was implying people not in this forum who don't value Guti don't watch the games, yeah?

I was a bit confused as to what Lockjaw was talking about!

He certainly has that little bit of extra guile and vision that is completely absent in Beckham (though he has other qualities).

8. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005

I think a lot of madridistas - whether in this forum or not - have been frustrated with Guti. No doubt the talent it there, but he hasn't always shown the discipline and focus people have expected of him. I remember when he first came up and he was being compared to Redondo (both skilled, both very left footed, same hair cut at the time). I don't think Guti has quite lived up to the expectations he created years ago. Many people, including anitmadridistas, have argued that he may be the most naturally talented Spanish player of his generation but he just didn't have that extra something to make him a true star.

The positive news is that over the last two seasons fans have taken to supporting him a bit more. His commitment, his focus, and his discipline have improved.

9. gringotuno

gringotuno New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Miami, Florida

The past few games have shown how valuable Guti can be to our team, especially when we are in need of some leadership and playmakers. I think that Guti will now be considered a true starter in the squad, as it should be, and should be given a call up to the NT... especially with Xavi's long term injury.

4-2: Zidane y Guti, estelares, se gustaron ante un inconformista Sevilla
    http://www.realmadrid.com/articulo/4-2_zidane_guti_sevilla_28653.htm

Casillas y Soldado: "Guti y Zidane han mostrado su potencial"
    http://www.realmadrid.com/articulo/casillas_soldado_guti_zidane_28668.htm

10. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Everytime a player plays a good game we are going to get old threads ressurected?

I'm going to add some to my favorites, specially about Baptista, Pablo Garcia, Pavon and Raul Bravo.

11. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum

Guti had 51 completed passes out of 54 attempts :eek:

12. forcamadrid

forcamadrid Member

May 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    Real Madrid

It was not only Guti. I was looking at the game stats from RM official website and all of the players successful pass rate was quite high. This is just to show that the whole team played a very nice passing game.

13. Canterano#1

Canterano#1 New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Skelleftea,Sweden

Real made more than 500 correct passes totally.( Don't know the exact numbers) And Sevilla made about half of that, about 250 correct passes.

That amount of correct passes together with good movement should almost guarantee you to have a good match. Thanks to Lopez Caro we have once again started to play this wonderful one-touch football! I love it!

Hala Madrid!

14. Maki Navaja

Maki Navaja New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Japan

Best looking match of the season - the quick passing and penetration had the Sevilla defence looking harried for most of the match. Considering Sevilla had only given up 14 goals in the previous 18 league tie-ins, this is quite impressive.

I have been skeptical of Guti playing the entire match, but his showings are (happily) proving me wrong. He even looks halfway decent wearing that armband, doesn't he?

15. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine

He should be wearing that armband because he's come through the system the only other guy I would give it to would be Casillas. Furthermore, I think the guy is an amazing player and is extremely polivante (versatile). He is probably one of the most underrated players in the game... thank god he decided to stay.

16. da zen

da zen New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    'Sri Lanka'

yeah... i thought luxa will make way to send him as Figo's.. Bt we are lucky.... i saw many of this season's goals coming from his passes...and he played mid-role perfectly... just superb!!! what he need is a bit consistancy and then we got a man to watch....

17. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005

Off topic, but armbands are usually handed out for number of 1st team seasons, so Guti wears it because he's the second (after Raul) in line for that. RC, Salgado and possibly Helguera are next before Casillas, and I really wouldn't mind any of them as skippers (except maybe RC, after that display at the Xmas meal).

18. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid

nah did u c carlos as skipper last time he did well , he lead the team pretty well n tried to motivate them best he could plus i heard the xmas meal thing was mostly made up not as bad as its said out to be ... not sure thou

19. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004

http://www.realmadrid.com/articulo/rma28876.htm

good interview with Guti.

however being a Zizou fan i jus loved this comment:

Interviewer- You truly are a 'galáctico'

Guti- ''No, not at all. The word just doesn't apply. You can be very good or very bad, but what does 'galáctico' mean? The only player who is above the rest is Zidane. Majestic in the pitch, and out of this world during trainings. Any controlof the ball or pass in training is worthy of being seen''

......and now im a Guti fan too :D i back up his last comments about training too. recommended to anybody to see him train btw. you think he is good on telly, but when he is in a more real life setting you can begin to properly see how on another level he is

20. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Damn, I just read that an hour ago and was thinking the same thing.

21. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004

great minds think alike my friend

22. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

exactly. there's a thin line between arrogance and confidence. It can be said that Guti walks that tightrope quite finely. However, he is above all things a Madrid team player...to think he's been here this long, when the club continues to by players at his position again and again and again.....it really says something about his character.

23. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Now, that's a phrase that perfectly defines Guti.

24. xmaje

xmaje Member

Mar 1, 2005
    st vincent

man what guti had to say was deep he always had my backing hope he continues and as he said be a 7-8 daily :D :cool:

25. elblanco

elblanco Member

Jan 26, 2006

Guti is great. He is the best Spanish player RM has. and when raul is hopefully sold Guti can take the captancy and keep it for long time to come.