The José María Gutiérrez Hernández Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by gazzad_5, Nov 10, 2004.

1. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Re: Guti

true a fully fit woody will do a great job for you guys , i think if samuel can rediscover his roma form then you can have a good central defence pairing..and posibly shift helguera to the anchorman role.. woody.. technically one of those brilliant stoppers in the game, commands excellent sense of covering.. good in the air, reads the game well and great positioning sense..at times i reall feel for him given that injuries have affected his career.. hes been prevented from showing what he can do best..

i think he won`t be available for you guys either in mid jan or early feb.. wish him the best in his recovery.. i just think he might be on and off.. injury prone

lets see what happens in the coming month as the transfer window opens..

2. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You totally missed the point.

Were Woodgate healthy from the start, Helguera would have been in the DM spot from the beginning.

3. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat

got you now , thanks for the correction..

4. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004

helguera claims that Cb is his preferred position, which is probably why he is now played there!

5. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004

lets hope the new manager also recognises how well he has played and that he knows what a good job he can do in CM

6. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston

I think he will, as a Brazillian manager he should know skill and talent when he sees it. With that said, I would rather see a DMid and Zidane in the middle, instead of Guti and Zidane...

7. Raul's lover

Raul's lover New Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Bulgaria Sofia

I thing that's the true.It may seem very sad to someone,but that's the way of directing of Florentino Peres...:confused:

8. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Except it doesn't explain the times he has been benched.

9. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

i just read something on realmadrid.com and it said that guti is still sick.... :(

10. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Stomach troubles: pffft.

11. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004

just for lockjaw ;)

12. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004

this season once again begs the question, will this guy start?
    i often bring this thread back-up because in my opinion he is an intuiging player.
    people dont seem to like the guy, but now in fact he is more mature and playing better than ever, and would walk in most starting 11's based on his PERFORMANCES.
    will he have a greater role this season, or have few starts once more?

13. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA

Guti is just trapped in a situation that amazes me. Against the MLS team we saw what many have seen over the past couple years, Guti drives the team into the attack better than Zidane. Originally I though that he was going to be his natural replacement, but he was needed more in other parts of the field always patching up holes. I've said plenty about how I feel about this already in other posts.

My problem is that I like soccer played with a 10 and with wings. I just can't see it in another way and enjoy it. A 10 must be one of the most technical players of the team, and have a great, the best vision so he can pass the ball, make the plays and so forth. On top of this it helps if he can score some as well. Who do we have at Real that fits the bill: Zidane....and Guti.
    No, Baptista is all power and scoring, but he can't arm or pass, he lacks the vision. Raul? no, he has the technique and the vision, but his style of play is always doing the easiest (and the most adecuate) thing possible and letting go of the ball quickly, he is not a 10. This is just between Zidane and Guti. Zidane is aging, Guti is still on his prime, but Zidane can still play well. I understand Zidane starting the games, but what I could not comprehend is if the first one in the field when Zidane is not playing well or not present is not Guti. Today I got some hope when I saw Luxemburgo subbing Zidane for Guti (which is what really made the beating possible). I hope it stays this way.

14. Bernabeu

Bernabeu Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Madrid, España
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Guti has earned peoples respect in the last years with his excellent work in sacrifice and silence. Maybe this can be his season for once, playing as a 10 with two forwards ahead to pass the ball. He'll surely play many games.

Still, I feel he belongs to the type of players who are better as substitutes than when playing the 90 minutes. Unfortunately. Same happened to Solari, Savio, or now Owen, whom I'd like to stay, but for the bench as well.

Let's cross fingers for him. He's been pretty silly in the past, but I still wish him to make up a final top success career at Real Madrid. He is the most skilled Spanish player after all.

15. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003

I think Guti will get to play a fair bit with ZZ needing to rest.

16. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004

i do agree with the players you have listed as players better than substitutes, however i dont feel guti is one o fthese players. the likes of savio, solari and owen all have pace. they are best as subs because they can exploit tired opposition with their pace.
    guti is not a fast player, he is much more technical. i think he can do just a good job for 90 minutes as he can for 30

17. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005

Baptista had two nice assists today. Not from a traditional winger, more from a mediapunta type position. He isn't quite settled yet, but he will add a lot to this team.

18. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005

lol.

19. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003

I think we are looking at something like this

ZZ...........Baptista.........Becks
    ..............Graveson

Baptista drops back to help Graveson when needed and ZZ and Beckham are given the ability to roam from the wing to the centre. Meaning ZZ can roam from the left line to the centre and Beck can roam from the right line to the centre. Baptista will pop into the attack from the back and go back to clog the midfield with Graveson.

In these type of tactics, Guti can play where ZZ or Baptista is playing.
    With the Cicinho purchase, Diogo probably fills in for Becks when necessary.

Guti should get ample chances to play since ZZ does not have the stamina to play twice a week.

Its up to Guti this year to show his stuff.

20. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005

I love Guti. I really do. There is always at least one point in every season that I think he should start in RM and in the NT and we would go on and win everything there is to win - but then - catastrophe! He does something stupid, or his mind (and attitude) wanders, or he stops trying as hard as he should... and you know what? this ALWAYS happens, it's not an "if" question, it's a "when in the season is it going to happen" question. Really frustrating. I am the lone Guti supporter in a group of friends and family that either hates him or acknowledges his skill but has become tired of his inconsistencies.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I think most of his problem boils down to the fact that he has a rather untidy personal life. Even if you are Maradona, this always ends up showing. Further examples of genius players whose lifestyle interfere with their playing could be Diego Tristan (he was utterly unstoppable on the 2001-2002 season), Kluivert or Van Persie. So it's quite a common phenomenon. Right now, I'll take whatever Guti has to offer before his routine breakdown, but people should acknowledge that he's 29 and not going to change and that therefore he can only play a limited role in this team.

21. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA

Oh I know he will, he changes and will change everything in our midfield and in the attack for the better, I am only saying that he is not your typical "10". Baptista to me is the best purchase in years, I just like 10s more like the Zidane or Dihno type., Baptista uses a lot more his power and his forward runs than just holding the ball, looking up, thinking...you know, the works.

22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto

Baptista is a world class player. He just needs some time to adjust to the new enviornment.... I didn't see the game yet, so I can't comment anymore!

23. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005

In this forum I'd say he is one of the most popular players, if not the most.

24. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Perhaps because in this forum, the majority actually watch the games, as opposed to highlight clips from previous seasons.

25. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005

Er, ok. :confused: