The Joe Biden Presidency I :: Hallelujah!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Knave, Jan 20, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Blame your esteemed US Supreme Court.

Deadtigers and bigredfutbol repped this.
  2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1703780287606366463 is not a valid tweet id

charlie15, ceezmad, bigredfutbol and 3 others repped this.
  3. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Biden is forgiving $37M I’m student debt for the University of Phoenix because they found the school had misled students about job prospects.

I don’t know how to rate Biden as president, but the Biden administration* is great, by some distance the best of the last 50 years.

*Garland still sucks. Not as much as @diablodelsol thinks :D;), but he sucks.

charlie15, Deadtigers, Kazuma and 3 others repped this.
  4. dman48

dman48 New Member

Oct 8, 2008

You call this great.

5. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Personal rankings:
    - Barry
    - Clinton (and possibly Hillary too if Trump didn't steal election)
    - Biden
    - Carter
    - Poppy Bush
    - Reagan
    - Tricky Dick
    - Dubya
    - Trump

* Ford INC but gets low marks for Nixon pardon guaranteeing us decades of constant Republican fvckery

Deadtigers and Minnman repped this.
  6. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much mine, but it does flatter Trump even by placing him last. He's really in a class by himself.

7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    He is one of the most vile creatures America has ever shat out IMO and I hope his parents are being skullfcked by demons in hell for even creating him. But it was just the ranking of recent presidents.

8. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Preet had good discussion of the Hunter Biden gun charges

tldr

1. wildly overcharged - usually you only charge this when you are trying to get at something else, eg my dude is a gang member or in the drug trade
    2. odd charging decision given separate agreement to give diversion for them previously - which both Joyce and Preet felt was about right
    3. Likely unconstitutional given recent Court decisions

So basically politics now mean he has been wildly overcharged instead of getting a decent deal.

charlie15 and dapip repped this.
  9. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, I call that a stupid video. The first meme about whether Biden or his staff are in charge is an easy one.. His staff is in charge of managing his calendar at this type of event. Anyone that has ever had interactions with a high ranking person knows that they have a very full calendar and that they like to talk, which causes them to overrun meetings and if they overrun one meeting, it generally means they are late for the next.

As for Biden "forgetting" to shake Lula's hand.. You should really watch the video. For one, Lula wasn't trying to shake Biden's hand, so.. Yeah, that's out right away. For two, Lula was asking if Biden could hear him because Biden clearly didn't have the headphones for translations in his ear yet. Unless, of course, you think the President of Brazil is speaking in English at a press conference where snippets are going to be shown in Portuguese speaking Brazil.

Such a sad state of trolling.

raza_rebel, charlie15, xtomx and 5 others repped this.
  10. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. I read somewhere the Hunter has a really good chance of getting the gun charge dismissed due to selective prosecution. As you mentioned above, lying on the background form is almost never charged anyways (It was in the low hundreds) and generally is an additive charge, not a solo charge. Basically, the key to Hunter's defense is going to be that the only reason he was even investigated is because he was used to politically harm his father.

Also, with regards to 3, apparently in addition to the 5th circuit ruling, there's been a ruling in a lower court in Pennsylvania that ruled it unconstitutional as well. Pennsylvania and Delaware are in the same circuit, so that at least means it has some merit for his case.

raza_rebel and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Yeah, but the Portsmouth fisherman said that Republicans were good for the economy!

Deadtigers, dapip, Mike03 and 2 others repped this.
  12. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    They dug deep and it's all they could come up with? Donnie Jr owns multiple guns and is always off his ass.

Deadtigers, Mike03 and bigredfutbol repped this.
  13. dman48

dman48 New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    I'll concede the first paragraph , perhaps the President was late for another meeting.
    If Lula wasn't going to shake President Biden's hand why did he shake the other guys hand ?The gesture Lula made as he walked off sure seemed like an agitated gesture.

14. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France

At least Biden didn't shove him out of the way as Trump did to a nation's leader!

Mike03 repped this.
  15. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Game of Billions

16. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s admirable the way you’re zeroing in on these important considerations rather than getting hung up on boring stuff like policies and accomplishments.

17. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    It's the Wingnut playbook and as much as we despise it, it's highly effective. Mainstream outlets are now calling him too old & addled and Kuh-mullah is stealthily going to take over in early 2025. Of course if he doesn't replace her next year with AOC, Ilhan Omar, Hunter or Hillary.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  18. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's also worth noting that Biden and Lula shook hands after Lula finished with his remarks and before the other guy spoke. ;) So, keep on keeping on.

19. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Brian’s hat just got him in huge trouble in a meeting. Mr Andrews made Brian take off his hat. He said it was distracting. He said if anyone disagreed, he’d let Brian keep the hat on. Nobody said shit dude. Nobody said shit.

Bluto11, NORML, Deadtigers and 1 other person repped this.
  20. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I appreciate these responses, because then I can look up the quote and watch something funny. I had only seen the "we're all trying to find the guy who did this" hot dog costume sketch from that show before.

Mike03, Bluto11, Kazuma and 1 other person repped this.
  21. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #7971 Kazuma, Sep 22, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
    Highly suggest watching I Think You Should Leave on Netflix if you have it. Probably my favorite comedy right now. And they get big name actors like Andy Samberg and Bob Odenkirk.

Plus, Tim Robinson (And Sam Richardson) also made a great show called Detroiters that shows the Detroit I know and love.

Mike03, raza_rebel, Dr. Wankler and 2 others repped this.
  22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Around 12 min mark.

23. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I really do hope Menendez gets convicted this time, loses his fortune, and spends some of the rest of his days behind bars.

Deadtigers, Mike03, NORML and 2 others repped this.
  25. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is a crook.......good riddance. Plenty of goos people in NJ who can take over the role.

Mike03 and NORML repped this.