The Joe Biden Presidency I :: Hallelujah!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Knave, Jan 20, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Yeah! Because Trump took some ridiculously famous documents, like his correspondence with Rocketman. Obviously that was going to get noticed.

Deadtigers and onefineesq repped this.
  2. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The greatest, let me tell you...

soccernutter, Deadtigers and marek repped this.
  3. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    Poor orange man, always the victim, so unfair!

It's a good thing that he has his MAGA willful idiots to share the burden of the outrage.

4. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough.

5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They'll even go to jail for him...

6. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    The ******** are you on about?

The executive doesn’t make the laws, it enforces them.

When, under the Biden administration, were the laws changed to make this a crime whereas it wasn’t before?

soccernutter repped this.
  7. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Exactly. No matter how many laws he breaks, he's always the victim.

No matter how many crimes he knowingly commits, his followers defend him.

Deadtigers, Dyvel and dapip repped this.
  8. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I mean these are people who eat horse deworming tablets because THE MAN

Deadtigers, Sounders78, song219 and 2 others repped this.
  9. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I get it!

you guys are just taking the piss!
    And I fell for it

I guess I should have guessed, you all being so into it with the pee tape and all

you all can’t be so outraged and knowledgeable when it comes to Republicans and so dim and gullible when talking about Democrats

HA HA … you had me there for a moment
    good one

10. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Several years ago during a faculty strike, the student newspaper charged me with trying to find out how much the dean of our school (Who got a generous raise during the GFC no less) was making. The university library had these salary books to dig through. Out of curiosity, I looked up our faculty advisor and a few other department of journalism professors salaries. It was disheartening to say the least and slowly nudged me towards fields such as advertising and PR.

On a related note, I tend to think those faculty strikes are why I'm incredibly left wing on the economic front. And why I tend to be skeptical of any C-suite executive, even if they are human.

11. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    how much do the Administrators of Woke make, pretty sure it’s more then the average Prof

12. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    You’ll all be surprised to know that right wing media has been pushing the Biden crime family tropes … see these nested tweets from Stefanik which include the silly 49k monthly rent stuff

the problem is because most Americans don’t follow this nonsense they have no idea of the radicalisation that is going on

bigredfutbol repped this.
  13. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, the law requires that the person KNOWINGLY remove and retain the classified documents. Just possessing classified documents is not, in itself, a crime.

https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/USCODE-2011-title18/USCODE-2011-title18-partI-chap93-sec1924

Biden did not criminalize it. Congress passed a bill in 2012 that criminalized it and an update to that law was passed in 2018 that increased the punishment for violating the law from 1 year in prison to 5 years in prison..

luftmensch and rslfanboy repped this.
  14. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Y'all are arguing against a guy whose high point in life was Lewandowski finally scoring a world cup goal.

Funkfoot, derek750, Deadtigers and 6 others repped this.
  15. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.. If it is that the NARA should be paying more attention to when the VP leaves office, then yes, it really should. Particularly now that the VP position actually has a role in how the government operates. Prior to Gore, the VP position was largely a warm body position that did PR for the President. Starting with Gore, the VP would have actual duties related to getting laws passed/created.

16. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  17. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Are the lower level documents actually tracked?

Like I know it is marked, but if say X copies are created for a certain distribution - does NARA have any kind of a library card system to know who has what and what is still out there?

I haven't heard anything about how they would know what they should expect to get back.

I had also heard that a particular difficulty of the Trump regime was the sloppy/lax handling of documents in the first place - such that classified stuff ended up all over the place

18. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing that there were lots of meetings where someone printed out twenty-seven copies of whatever documents so that everyone in attendance got a copy. Then those copies got stashed in a drawer or a file cabinet somewhere, and then when that person left office, the contents of that drawer or file cabinet were dumped into a bankers box and put in a stack of bankers boxes in storage somewhere.

Now there's different levels of classification. I'm guessing that the stuff that got printed out and distributed widely is not at the highest level of classification. The stuff that needs to be reviewed in a secure facility, certainly not. So whatever all these government folks received and stuffed in a file cabinet is not going to be the highly secure stuff. Compared with what Trump had in his possession, where we know that some of the documents were marked "top secret".

19. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Yes - some of the stuff is from the old senate committee days - so likely not even SCIF stuff.

dapip repped this.
  20. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know? I've never worked with classified documents myself, but from previous news stories there was a person that was responsible for signing out classified documents, at which point it was that person's responsibility to maintain security of the document and return and sign back in the document.

Deadtigers and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  21. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    There’s a lot of them, huh? All those lefty University Presidents…

dapip and Sounders78 repped this.
  22. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    soccernutter, Deadtigers, xtomx and 2 others repped this.
  23. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The average faculty in my area makes well under $100,000, with newly hired probationary faculty in the $50,000-60,000 range if I remember correctly.

Deadtigers and xtomx repped this.
  24. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This was 2009 and the farthest I can remember looking back in those books was maybe 2000. I imagine rates went up but given that my alma mater had another strike, wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Deadtigers repped this.
  25. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #6325 Sounders78, Jan 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    I've had three different Presidents at my current institution in the raging leftist part of Washington state. All three Presidents came from very heavily-orientated Republican states (we're talking hell would freeze over before those Southern or Midwestern states voted Democrat).

The first President was extremely conservative and homophobic, including having invited me to leave the institution at my earliest convenience - I didn't because I am a very stubborn asshole (as you all know, I'm not one to back down from a fight regarding LGBT+ issues).

The second one was conservative but tolerant (I wouldn't go as far to say accepting) of the very few gays we had on campus.

The third one is liberal and desires that our faculty reflect the demographics of our community - we have a long way to go still.

Deadtigers, xtomx and dapip repped this.