The January Transfer Thread Vol III: The Final Cut [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by EstebanGranero23, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Title suggestions???

2. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Why don't we sell half the Madrid team with a day to go in the January transfer window?

3. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Save Sergio from the Groupies - The Tranfers, Lies and Humanitarian Work Thread.

4. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Transfers Thread: Search for the Elusive Left-Back:

5. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Windows January......Shutting Down...3..2..1 - Thread

6. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Why do we always pick our fullbacks by how many goals they score & how many stepovers they do?

Why cant we just grab ourselves a big,fat,strong,quick,solid LB & stick him into the team. I mean, surely we dont need two phenomenal players at fullback to be a great team. For every Alves, there is a Abidal. Every Maicon, a Chivu. We got Ramos and Arbs ( who has been very impressive lately, not to mention offensively aswell ) for that right hand side, some1 solid & pacey who you dont have to worry about on our left is good enough for me.

However, if we do intend on buying a offensive LB along the likes of Felipe or whatever, there are very few better than Evra. Considering ManU's financial uncertainties it would be silly to not even test the waters with a couple offers.

Anyway, I kept a eye out for Canella yesterday in the BArca game. Sort of the LB we should be looking at, young and was very solid yesterday. Got forward very well and I dont think he did too badly standing up to Messi.

7. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Also a good player, a more attacking one. My first choice would be Monreal, though. When I see him I think that he will be beaten very few times in a given game.

He's probably what the management is looking for, though. Silky as Valdano likes them, and a wingback-midfielder as Pellegrini's system calls for. But I doubt he's a definitive upgrade over Marcelo. In the long run, IMO, we'd benefit more from a Monreal type player.

8. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. Mr_B

Mr_B New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    England
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I highly doubt it's true, a month ago AS interviewed sarabia where he mentioned it's a dream for playing for real. However Arsenal did try to sign him a couple years ago.

10. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
  11. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Maybe we should summon the spirit of Franco to lace Ferguson's booze with hallucinogens so he makes an even bigger fool out of himself.

The day that guy retires is the day I'll rejoice. His club had a good three years but that gravy train is over and his time is nearly up. I just hope Jose doesn't go to Manchester United because then they might still have a chance of staying at the top of the Premiership.

12. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Canales isnt stupid. Man U are going downhill at the moment and will be a selling club once again in the summer.

Canales will be a madrid player and i am certain of it.

His father mentioned last week that its all about sporting and not the money and madrid offer the best sporting options this moment in time didnt he?

Playing with Kaka, CR9 and the influence of Xabi on your team will only make you better as a player.

who have man u got these days...Rooney!!

13. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Good three years ? Lol, let's say good two decades:rolleyes:.

And while MU is currently in some financial troubles, they are still among the biggest names in football. I'm sure if Glazers decide to sell, they will find a rich buyer in no time.

14. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    who would take a club with £700M in debt in this current economic situation. They may have 'potential' buyers but it would take years to materialise

15. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    MU value is still much higher than 700M € ( I think it was euros) so I don't see that as a problem. Glazers wouldn't make any profit if they sell but for the potential buyers it's pretty much the same.

16. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    but those potential buyers would not just write off there debt with £700ME of there own money. It would be total idiotic to do so.

It took Roman about 4-5 years to write of chelsea debt because he thought it was best business sense (chelsea couldnt actually bring the debt down annually and from there own money)

17. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Look, let's say MU value is 1 billion euros. And they have debt of 700M€. If Glazers decide to sell they won't be getting 1 billion but 300M€. So for the buyers it's pretty much the same, they will pay 1 billion, it's just that 300 will go to Glazers and the rest to pay off the debt.

Anyway, this is complete off topic.

18. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm talking about the three years they had after their sub-par run after 02-03. I'm well aware of Ferguson's legacy. He's a great manager but he's not my favorite type of guy. Never doubted that they weren't one of the biggest names in football but what happens when Ferguson is gone? Unless Mourinho comes in I don't see anyone being able to keep United at the level of sucess they've had the past ten years.

700m is a lot of dough. They only have three to four players that could fetch a recouping transfer fee, most likely players that they won't be getting rid of next season. They're in financial trouble and they're one injury away from putting their entire season on the rocks.

If one single person is going to buy Manchester United they either have to grow money on trees or they're crazy. Either way, once Ferguson leaves Manchester United is going to be in for a very long, long rebuilding period financially which will most likely affect them on the sporting side of things.

19. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    When you look at it, signing for Man Utd makes as much sense from a sporting perspective as signing for us does, maybe even more. I would think Man Utd would sign him with the intent of playing him with the first team next season as they could use an attacking midfielder with his skillset and potential. So instead of being on loan at Racing he would be playing, in the league and CL, with one of the top sides in Europe. All the while learning from players like Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and most importantly Nani :D

If he signs for us he's still at least a full season from being influenced by Alonso, Kaka, and Ronaldo. Just saying though...;)

20. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    I'm not saying that they are not in pretty difficult position, but if they act fast and smart they can get out of it in a couple of years. They still have a pretty good team and while they may not win a title for a year or two I just can't see them becoming the next Leeds United.

As we are speaking they are up by two against Arsenal ;).
    Mods can move this to other teams thread.

21. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    aye i see what your saying.

I just dont think he would cope with the physicality of the prem league. he is too young just to go there and be a starter as a ATT MID and could possibly damage his potential.

Cesc went to the gooners when he was 16 or so - so he has had time to adapt and even he hasnt become as important as he is now for arsenal until couple of seasons ago.

Staying in Spain would be the best place for him IMO

22. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    No one said he would be a starter. I'm sure SAF, for all the moaning we do about him, knows how to bring along a young player.

As for the Prem being too rough for him I remember when Man Utd bought this skinny kid from some team in Portugal and talk about not being able to cope with physicality :eek: This kid was all over the ground his first season in England. His name escapes me right now but he ended up being pretty good after a few seasons.

23. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the difference between ronaldo and canales is that canales has shown his potential already and i am sure he could fight for a first team place at Madrid.

Canales could be absolute opposite of Ronaldo and being thrown to the ground each game could effect him. We dont know what his personality is like. Ronaldo, he thrives of this sort of shit

i say ronaldo because that is who your talking about aint you :p

24. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    What are you talking about? Ronaldo was eighteen, same age as Canales when he moved Man Utd. I think it's safe to say he showed enough potential for SAF to buy him.

And while Canales could fight for a first team place here I have some reservations about what the outcome of the fight would be at this point in his career. Let's just say I'm not as optimistic as you.

Well if being thrown to the ground affects Canales as much as you're proposing maybe he should go to Man Utd.

25. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i seem to think SAF bought ronaldo after 1 game - the game when sporting played man u. The players asked SAF to buy him. Its not as if he watched him enough to say he has potential. SAF pretty much said "i had never seen him before". It was chance.

if we dont think (or the management think) he cant challange for a first team place, why the ******** are we interested in him in the first place.

we all know la liga is less physical than england. its no secret