The Jamaican National Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by ja2ny, Dec 14, 2008.

1. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Good way to start the year! And good to see Shelton's name back on score sheet.

2. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Man o man, I feel for you guys after tonight's result vs Argentina...so close to a historic win in a packed Argentina stadium, but that goalkeeper BLEW it near the end. Really is terrible at timing when he comes out...you guys win if Ricketts is there.

3. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It wasn't just the Miller, the ref was also awful...Jamaica should've have had a penalty in the first half and the free kick at the end that they scored from shouldn't have been a free kick. Jamaica's midfield was almost not existant, especially when the subs came on. Miller made some fine saves but just seems to be clueless when crosses come in.

4. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn2ZIvJOBNc"]YouTube- ARGENTINE VS JAMAICA-RESUMEN DE ARGENTINA VS JAMAICA EN MAR DEL PLATA FEBRERO DEL 2010-GATUKILLER-[/ame]

5. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Marlon King is making himself out to be a giant ahole. He got himself a possibly broken nose in prison today. Serves him right.

6. Blue Lou

Blue Lou Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Everton's Jermaine Beckford recently stated his dad is Jamaican. Would he be considered good enough for the Reggae Boyz?

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    this question doesn't take much thought...

Ofcourse he is! hopefully he can reproduce what he did at Leeds.

8. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    He was considered for the Grenada squad in 2009 Gold Cup as well. My guess is he will see how he fares in the EPL (and thus assess his England chances) and then we will see.

EDIT: I read that interview and he says he is Jamaican on his dad's side (not necessarily that his Dad is a Jamaican national) and also part Grenadan (though it is in fact "Grenadian")
    http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/07/05/beckford-webchat-transcript

9. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    JFF escape player strike
    Game on against Guadeloupe as Burrell bows to Boyz' demands
    By IAN BURNETT Sports editor burnetti@jamaicaobserver.com
    Monday, November 29, 2010

[​IMG] [​IMG]

TREMENDOUS embarrassment and untold repercussions were averted at the Pierre & Vacances Hotel late last night as Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) president Captain Horace Burrell bowed to the financial demands of his militant Reggae Boyz, who are here participating in the 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup Finals in Martinique.
    The Boyz, the defending champions, had withheld their services yesterday and threatened not to ‘lace up’ for today’s game against Guadeloupe if their demands of US$100 per diem for the 12-days of the competition, and not the ........
    Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/Embarrassment-averted#ixzz16iP0qGqc

10. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Whitmore impressed with Ja's 4-0 rout
    IaN BURNETT @ THE DIGICEL CARIBBEAN CUP in Martinique
    Friday, December 03, 2010

[​IMG] [​IMG]

SAINTE-LUCE, Martinique — Though still highly critical of his team's overall play, head coach Theodore Whitmore appeared more generous in his appraisal of the Reggae Boyz's finishing following their 4-0 triumph over Guyana at the Riviere Pilote Sports Complex here on Wednesday.
    "It wasn't a hundred per cent," he said, reflecting on the team's overall display. "We gave away the ball cheaply at times, but I think the finishing, the four goals, cap it off."
    Whitmore made six changes to the starting XI which blanked Guadeloupe 2-0 on Monday night, and 18-year-old Marvin Morgan, in only his second cap, came off the bench at the start of the second half to hit a brace and formalise Jamaica's superiority in........................................................................Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Whitmore-impressed-with-Ja-s-4-0-rout_8208195#ixzz175VyFasZ

11. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    I wasn't impressed in the first half though, we could have given up a couple of cheap goals.
    But good result.

12. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    I agree, but what are your thoughts on the 18 year old Marvin Morgan?

13. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
  14. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Austin claims DigiCup top player award

Thursday, December 16, 2010

[​IMG] [​IMG]

JAMAICAN midfielder Rodolph Austin has been named the winner of the Digicel Caribbean Cup 2010 Player of the Tournament award.
    Wearing the No 17 shirt for the Reggae Boyz, Austin scored the first goal in the nail-biting penalty shoot-out during the Digicel Caribbean Cup final against Guadeloupe............... Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Austin-claims-DigiCup-top-player-award_8234122#ixzz18INUJmFS

15. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
  17. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    List of foreign players called up for the friendlies against Venezuela (March 25) and El Salvador (March 27).

Shaver Thomas (Kansas City Wizards, United States)
    Dane Richards (NY Red Bulls United States)
    Luton Shelton (Valerenga, Norway)
    Dwayne Miller (Syrianska, Sweden)
    Dwayne Kerr (Strommen IF, Norway)
    Jermaine Taylor (Houston Dynamo, United States)
    Demar Phillips (Aalesund Fc, Norway)
    Khari Stephenson(San Jose Earthquakes, United States)
    Damion Williams(Nybergsund, Norway)
    Kavin Bryan (Song ham Nghe, Vietnam)
    Rudolph Austin (SK Bran, Belgium)
    Omar Cummings (Colorado Rapids, USA)

http://sportsjamaica.com/read_article.php?id=18591

19. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Still disappointed in losing to Venezuela in Mobay, and didn't like how close it was against El Salvador down there. But pleased to see us, sneakily climbing up the rankings, 48th and 47th in FIFA and ELO respectively. (Meaningless to some, meaningful to others).

20. Edgar

Edgar Member

You'll drop to 64th in the April FIFA Ranking.

FIFA Ranking: April 2011 final preview.

21. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    And the balloon bursts. LoL no surprise. Come the end of summer, hopefully we can put in a good Gold Cup run to improve upon that.

22. Blue Lou

Blue Lou Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Jamaica need to call up Daniel Sturridge. On fire.

23. Ghana_Black_Star

Ghana_Black_Star Red Card

Apr 20, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    But isn't Daniel Sturridge, English, so he can play for England then, so Jamaica has to call him up before he is capped by England

24. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    I doubt he would make that leap until he was sure he wouldn't play for England.