the intentional header-goal

Discussion in 'Referee' started by 2wheels, Oct 31, 2011.

1. 2wheels

2wheels Member

Oct 4, 2005
    Fellows, is this manoeuver of heading the ball for goal becoming the norm or what? Two different goal keeper positions, but same outcome. The scoring position is a modified counter - using the extreme vulnerability of the goal-keeper, not like that as in set-pieces, or the attacking third of the field either.

Less running for the centre, however the assistants better be on the trigger.

A longish while ago, it was Martin Palermo, then less than a month ago, Samuelsen scored in the Norwegian League, now Ueda in the J-League.

Ueda - new long header-goal

Only this week, I had one scored from outside the penalty arc in a B11 competitive league match, with a deft lift of ball in face of on rushing keeper and a subsequent header above the keeper's hands in his PA.

2. whyref

whyref Member

May 26, 2006
    Not certain why this seems to be seen as unusual. Had two scored off headers from outside the PA in a match I worked this past weekend.

Sending the ball to goal when an opportunity seems to be there is what the game is about. I've been watching long headers since I first began to play over 50-years ago.

3. IllinoisRef

IllinoisRef Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sorry about steeling the thread but did anyone noticed the japanese GK with a cap backwards???

4. Back2NY

Back2NY Member

Feb 2, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  5. IllinoisRef

IllinoisRef Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I know. I just wanted to point that out.

6. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    I don't think that's the keeper.
    I could be wrong, but it looks like a coach on the bench.

[​IMG]

That's certainly not a goal post he's leaning against as it is far to narrow.
    Likewise, isn't that the other team's dugout and coaches behind him?

7. IllinoisRef

IllinoisRef Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I believe you are correct. On the video it appears so fast I thought they were showing the keeper. My bad!

8. Errol V

Errol V Member+

Mar 30, 2011
    Gee, maybe we need a thread about coaches wearing hats.