Pre-match: The inevitable war with Iran

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Q*bert Jones III, Jun 21, 2019.

1. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is why I continue to post in here.

We should disregard everyone else and just listen to you, right IM? :ROFLMAO:

Such hubris.

roby repped this.
  2. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    song219 and stanger repped this.
  3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Interesting comments by Ex-Mossad chief

Ex-Mossad head to 'Post': No one will stop Iran from going nuclear

4. roby

roby Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal

Iran’s supreme leader refused U.S. assistance to fight the new coronavirus, citing an conspiracy theory that the virus could be man-made by America.

“I do not know how real this accusation is but when it exists, who in their right mind would trust you to bring them medication?” Khamenei said. “Possibly your medicine is a way to spread the virus more.”

He also alleged without offering any evidence that the virus “is specifically built for Iran using the genetic data of Iranians which they have obtained through different means.”

“You might send people as doctors and therapists, maybe they would want to come here and see the effect of the poison they have produced in person,” he said.

Dang.....so close! :devilish:

5. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You can listen to whoever you wish. Hopefully, however, you will try to listen to those who have credible sources to back up what they say. And if you believe there is something that I have said, that is not backed up by credible sources from your corner of the world, let me know. I will provide you with the requisite citations to back up whatever you feel I have said which lacks merit. Just make sure you are actually quoting me and not some ridiculous parody of whatever others want to claim I have said.

6. roby

roby Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    I got mine ready....just in case! :cautious:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

stanger repped this.
  7. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks!

The implication that your sources are any less biased than any sources in the west is laughable.

BTW, I do watch Al Jezeera on occasion. It’s a contributor to a news collective that I watch while working out in the mornings.

I certainly wouldn’t believe anything from any state-run news agency.

8. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Qatar isn't a state?

I kid.

Sort of.

Despite their problems, they still are one of the best around.

9. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The US has no enemies, other than the Trump family...and the media, of course.

10. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I almost always cite western sources and, among them, generally try to focus on the most erudite. Thus, if the subject is a scholarly one, I will cite the most distinguished professors as opposed to hacks who might be 'adjunct professor' somewhere, but who are working with centers and think tanks funded by special interest groups as opposed to being part of the academic world that is supposed to be more interested in knowledge than propaganda.

On the other hand, if the subject is about impressions about Iran, and travel to Iran, I try to cite from the better known travel sites and better known travel writers. But, regardless, I will focus on those who have at least touched foot in Iran!

But if you feel like there is something I have said that isn't supported sufficiently by what I mention, let me know. I will either support it or admit I can't. Unlike those who believe in dogma, I am interested in the path of truth over falsehood.

11. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Don't know what to make of this or whether it will actually have any impact or bearing on the dynamics of the 'inevitable war against Iran', but it is news worthy enough to post.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/29/middleeast/iran-arrest-warrant-donald-trump-intl/index.html
    Iran issues arrest warrant for Trump over drone strike that killed Qasem Soleimani

12. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Maybe. Maybe not.

I think it is likely something along the lines of what you suggest. But it is also possible it may have some greater meaning as it relates to some of the other 35 people (not Trump personally) against whom these arrest warrants have been issued.

14. roby

roby Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    “You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”

Or as Dubya succinctly put it...."fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice. well...[long pause]...you can't fool me agin!"

blob:https://www.aljazeera.com/bf472ea7-58d2-4b43-a9d5-57246533e94b

15. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Next round appears to be heating up! The neocons smell blood -- they imagine that some of the woes Iran is suffering from due to the combination of things on its plate, will not allow it to respond properly. And they are now seeking to take the next step, as always looking for some pseudo 'legal cover' for the piracy they are plotting.

At some point, Iran will have give the neocons what they are looking for so desperately. Yes, that could lead to all out war and Iran getting pretty much destroyed in the process. But even that is better than letting them destroy Iran, step-by-step, at little cost, with Iran not having much left in the tank to hit back at all. If Iran hits back hard, very hard, maybe they will run away. Maybe not. But if it doesn't, it will invite getting hit again and again. And with each blow, it will have less to hit back with.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-seeks-to-seize-iranian-fuel-bound-for-venezuela-11593667040
    U.S. Seeks to Seize Iranian Fuel Bound for Venezuela
    This is the latest action by the U.S. to go after shipping networks that help Iran evade U.S. sanctions

16. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #2041 +PL+, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Something is definitely in the air. Iranian military underground missile facilities exploded a week ago and today Iranian uranium enrichment facilities in Natanz exploded. Rate of air pollution has gone up to an unknown level near cities of Kashan and Isfahan.

merlin_173995233_95ac6931-f7bd-4254-8ec2-25c916dfcc7f-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...ld/middleeast/iran-missile-explosion.amp.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53265023

_113204756_6789.jpg

Iran says there has been an "incident" at one of its nuclear facilities.

Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran (AEOI) spokesman Behrouz Kamalvandi did not give details of what happened at the Natanz uranium enrichment plant.

But he said the incident took place in a building that was under construction, and that there were no casualties or concerns about contamination.

The governor of Natanz city was later quoted by Tasnim news agency as describing the incident as a fire.

Ramazanali Ferdowsi said fire fighters and rescue teams had been deployed to the site, which is about 250km (155 miles) south of the capital, Tehran.

Later, the AEOI released a photograph purportedly showing the building where the incident occurred. Its roof was damaged and one wall was charred.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), which monitors Iran's compliance with a 2015 nuclear deal struck with world powers, said it was aware of the reports about the Natanz incident and currently anticipated no impact on its activities.

Under the accord, Iran agreed to limit its sensitive nuclear activities and allow in international inspectors in return for the lifting of crippling economic sanctions.

The incident at Natanz comes six days after an explosion near a sensitive military site east of Tehran, which Iran said was caused by "leaking gas tanks".

The Parchin military complex is where Western powers suspect Iran carried out tests related to nuclear warhead detonations more than a decade ago. Iran has denied seeking to develop nuclear weapons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Natanz is Iran's largest uranium enrichment facility.

It consists of three large underground buildings capable of holding tens of thousands of centrifuges. Uranium hexafluoride gas is fed into them to separate out the most fissile isotope, U-235.

The 2015 nuclear deal saw Iran agree only to produce low-enriched uranium, which has a 3-4% concentration of U-235 and can be used to produce fuel for nuclear power plants. Weapons-grade uranium is 90% enriched or more.

Iran also agreed to install no more than 5,060 of the oldest and least efficient centrifuges at Natanz until 2026, and not to carry out any enrichment at its other underground facility, Fordo, until 2031.

Last year, Iran began rolling back these commitments in retaliation for US President Donald Trump's decision to abandon the nuclear accord and reinstate sanctions.

17. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    This explosion at Natanz was no accident. That is clear. The best evidence so far suggests it was a combination of sabotage (a bomb placed in the facility) and cyber-attack (used to cut-off security systems to enable agents of the terrorist MEK to place the bomb in the facility). Some never heard of groups have claimed responsibility for the attack, but it is well known that whatever MEK does these days under whatever name, it does in coordination with its current paymasters, namely the neocons and Israelis.

While no one was injured, and Iran has not confirmed the scale of the property damage, it appears that some of Iran's newest generation centrifuges which were being stored in the facility were damaged or destroyed by the attack.

Once Iran has finished its investigation, it has vowed to deliver an appropriate response. And I am pretty sure (and certainly would hope) that it will.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kateof...cident-sabotage-or-cyber-attack/#127165b7e4fa
    Iran Nuclear Facility Explosion: Accident, Sabotage, Or Cyber-Attack?

18. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Iran should just stop their attempts to build a nuclear arsenal.

Let's be honest, nuclear capability is a deterrent and won't actually be used. So what is Iran afraid of? Israel? Saudi Arabia? Certainly the US isn't going to do anything or they would have already.

19. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Iran doesn’t have a nuclear weapons programme but when dealing with an unstable enemy like the United States which has no respect for international law, any county with a brain will want nuclear capability.

Hopefully some day soon we can return to a somewhat rule based international order.

Iranian Monitor repped this.
  20. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [emoji849]

21. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno...he's got a point.

crazypete13 repped this.
  22. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please.

23. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    #2048 Umar, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    The US has reneged or sought to resile from numerous multilateral treaties in favour of a Trump First agenda. Paris accords, JCPOA, Open Skies, various arms control agreements, many trade agreements and frameworks such as TPP, NAFTA, etc etc.

It is sanctioning multilateral organisations such as the International Criminal Court. It is weakening NATO. It criticises, disengages with and defunds various UN organisations which it helped to found such as UNESCO, UNHCR, the WHO.

This is not a country that can be trusted to follow its own rules, never mind international laws. When you don't follow the rules you set up in the first place, guess what? Other countries won't want to either.

song219 repped this.
  24. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which has zero to do with my point.

And no, I’m m not arguing your points, Trump has been a disaster for all of us.

Hopefully he will be gone in November.

25. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I believe your point was
    and
    so you’ll have to forgive me for not being able to divine your position.