Pre-match: The inevitable war with Iran

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Q*bert Jones III, Jun 21, 2019.

1. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see any crime in the Tourist Bureau pictures he posted so I guess the perfect society has been achieved :)

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  2. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #1702 Mani, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Iran has a lower crime rate and is much safer than the US, that’s just a fact. A solo female traveller would feel safer in Iran than most of Europe, let alone the US:

3. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1703 +PL+, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Islamic regime of Iran is the definition of organized crime, terrorism and backward brutal fanaticism. Whoever supports this organization is a potential danger to the society and possible future terrorist.

Just ignore the propaganda machine of Islamic regime of Iran and find the truth yourself. Ask Iranians who are not under regime's payroll or related to the higher ups in that criminal gang. Seek the truth yourself.

All things aside, I prefer this song as Iranian national anthem along the song starting with "Ey Iran Ey Marze Por Gohar ..."

Thank to sanctions, the regime's daily oil sell is down to 70k barrels (from 2.5m). Regime is leaking the floor at the moment. Their influence and power are rapidly evaporating in the region. Next phase will be the overthrow. :D:D:laugh:

4. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a dumb blanket statement.

5. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    FF6C12FA-312D-41C4-AFB5-595647B9BB55.jpeg

6. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dr. Wankler repped this.
  7. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Unless the murder rate is 100% in America (which thankfully it isn't yet), there will of course be those who may say: "Amazing that I'm still alive..." But a good many who, if they had been born and raised in Iran or many other countries, and would still be alive, won't be able to say the same thing.

In the meantime, it is not merely the murder rate:
    [​IMG]

Just consider, what 2.3 million people incarcerated in the United States, means:

1- It means the US has prison population that roughly equals the entire population of the country slated to host the next World Cup, namely Qatar!
    2- It means that nearly as many adults in the US live in prison than pretty much the entire adult population of the country that finished runner-up in the last World Cup, namely Croatia!

But that is not even the whole story. There are roughly 70 million Americans who have been arrested and spent at least some time in jail or prison. This chart compares them to the number of Americans in different categories, but if Americans who have had a run in with the law and have an arrest record where put together as a separate country, they would have more people than the country that won the World Cup, namely France -- and most of the countries (except a few such, including Iran) that qualified to the World Cup.
    [​IMG]
    Lets sing along with 'the Bruce' about being "born in America", never mind the actual lyrics which are rather damning, and close our eyes to what this Covid-19 pandemic has shown better than anything else. Lets just pretend the world's greatest superpower (if greatness was measured in how many USD notes you could print), its greatest military power (if greatness is measured in how much you waste on the Pentagon budget and how many nuclear arms you have or have many bases you have in different countries around the world), the 'home of the free and land of the brave" (if free people are those who spend time in prison and if the narrative of courage and bravery is based on who controls the world's mouthpieces and media), has ANY business trying to pass judgment on a country like Iran (which the US has invested heavily in a largely futile attempt to make sure it resembles the propaganda image it likes to show of it to the rest of the world).

Fix your own country, take care of your own population, many these days lining up for food and basic necessities, most without enough savings to handle a fraction of the problems the US has been trying to pass on to Iran. And for God's sake: STOP listening to anything the US government has to say! Especially about Iran.
    [​IMG]

8. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I can guess what the US travel advisory on Iran will say, but I doubt it covers what I have suggested you do instead: take a virtual tour of Iran using Google-Earth. Go around the country without moving from your computer. I am sure you will be safe!

These what satellite images from Google-Earth show you, not Iran's tourism board! Surf around and move your cursor to travel as much as you wish, anywhere you want. I suggest this itinerary for now:

Visit its capital, Tehran, HERE (Milad Tower). From there, search around and go anywhere you wish. Here are things I would suggest you put into your search button for Tehran: Azadi monument; Tarbiat Bridge; Golestan Palace; Tajrish Bazaar; Tehran Old Bazaar; Saadabad Complex; Niavaran Palace; and if you want to know where I lived in Iran for most of the time I posted on BigSoccer, you can go HERE to the Parc des Princes apartment complex.

Go to the historic capital of Iran under the Safavid dynasty, the jewel of Irano-Islamic civilization, HERE. And from there, since Isfahan is like a living museum dotted with historic monuments all over the city, make you sure you find a good source to tell you about things you need to see. Go to trip advisor and see the places you need to visit so you won't miss the many things you will need to see on your own.

Go to Shiraz, the resting place for some of Iran's greatest poets and a great city for tourists as well HERE. And consult check trip advisor for places to see in Shiraz. There is much to see in Shiraz as well. And nearby Shiraz, you can go HERE to see the ruins of the ancient capital of the Persian empire, Persepolis as well as the the Naghshe Rostam (Iran's much more ancient version of Mt Rushmore, with depictions and more of Persian kings defeating Roman emperors and such).

Travel to the northern Caspian sea villages and towns in Iran (very popular with Iranian tourist, but more frequented by them than foreign ones) HERE. And HERE. Go around and see this region for yourself as well.

Go to Kish Island in the Persian Gulf, the favorite tourist destination of Iran's middle class and upper middle class, HERE. Travel through the island and see it on your own. It won't take you long using your cursor to look through this island either.

Go to Tabriz in northwest of Iran HERE, to Mashhad to the Northeast HERE, to Yazd and Kashan, and any other place you wish.

p.s.
    visitors to Iran often (almost invariably) remark on the hospitality of their Persian hosts: of being invited by total strangers to their homes. Of being taken to dinner with their hosts refusing to let them pay. I am trying to show you my country, Iran, not for any other reason than the fact that I love my country and don't want to see those who wish to do it harm succeed. That is pretty much all there is to it. And unlike those who want to spoon-feed you images, I am telling you to look for yourself. Living in this day and age, you have that luxury. I doubt Iran's 'agents' are able to control the cursor on your computer and the direction it takes you once you start your tour of the country! Even missing the best parts of Iran, the hospitality of its people, the amazing interior of many otherwise modest buildings from the outside exterior, and Persian food, I am convinced that even a virtual tour of Iran will leave no doubt that (regardless of your taste and whether it fits what you like) you will conclude Iran simply IS NOT the country the US media have so often painted in people's minds.

9. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    According to BBC/Persian. Naftali Bennet, Israeli defence minister said, Islamic regime of Iran is moving its troops out of Syria abandoning some of its former military centers. Israel has been bombarding the centers of Islamic regime for a while, killing Iraqi shia militia, Lebanese Hezbollah, and IRGC members.

The big move out of Syria has started. Iran lost Syria to Russia.

https://www.bbc.com/persian/iran-52718581

10. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #1710 Mani, May 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Why are you trying to fight facts? All respected non-governmental sources rate Iran either safer or at least as safe as the US. Take a look at the map here: https://www.geospatialworld.net/blo...9-shows-the-level-of-safety-in-countries/amp/

Or check the dozen sources this British travel expert cites at 3:42 of this video:

Iran also has more World Heritage Sites than US, as of 2020. Top 10 in the World. This is the list from 2018:
    6F0D1320-EB3A-4FDC-92F3-CE7BA15438BA.jpeg

11. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1711 +PL+, May 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Islamic regime of Iran is a for runner of gunning down the protestors with helicopter, tank and machine gun or driving over protestors with truck. Traitor regime supporters should be sentenced to hard labor by the court and answer to their criminal activities. I hope these potential terrorists be dealt with in court of law after barbaric regime of Iran is overthrown. Their transportations should be restricted, and they should be observed and interrogated all the times.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...orld/middleeast/iran-protests-deaths.amp.html

12. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    To paraphrase Ben Franklin when he was asked what type of government they were forming "You have an Islamic Republic. If you can keep it." :D

chaski repped this.
  13. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran will never get is due by those who control the international media, until it finds a way to either successfully resist the hooligans and mongols of our age or, alternatively, find a way to appease them that doesn't wet their appetites even more.

But while the 'best of Iran', architecturally, is some of its more historic monuments, I will focus in the next few posts to show some of Iran's best architectural monuments constructed since the revolution. Almost all of it, the past 20 years, despite Iran being subjected to strict sanctions and more.

I will focus on each of them in detail. Others can then find these through "Google-Earth", read about them from actual visitors on sites such as Trip Advisor, and do their own homework to learn about them.

Even focusing on the best monuments built since the revolution, there is simply too many things to show that would be worth seeing. I suspect some of them (or all of them, depending on how you interpret some of Trump's threats to "obliterate Iran") can become "collateral damage" in case of war with Iran.

14. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    IM - try not to pop a boner in your
    شلوار as I present to you just a small sample of the amazing natural beauty of America

grandcanyon.jpg
    The Grand Canyon

19610-9856066165-46725b40c8-z-2.jpg
    Niagara Falls

7014dc6c0a3dc014829839f5866bcfd8.jpeg
    Papalaua Falls, Molokai, Hawaii

photo0jpg.jpg
    Real leaders - Mount Rushmore, SD

yosemite_falls.jpg
    Yosemite National Park, CA

GettyImages-484270482-5b7abbab46e0fb005027189b.jpg
    Fall leaves, Vermont

HSC-HomepageImage.jpg
    Here's some Liberty for ya

Dage and roby repped this.
  15. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Most of what you have posted in pictures, I have seen in person: statue of liberty, autumn in Vermont, Yosemite National Park, Niagara Falls, and the Grand Canyon. That just leaves Mt Rushmore and Hawaii that I didn't get to see. But don't get me wrong: I like these pictures you post a lot more than the pictures of Iran you like to post. So, by all means: post as much of natural beauty of America you like to post. When it comes to natural beauty, while Iran is pretty diverse and has its own natural beauty as well, nonetheless no doubt US beats Iran in that category overall.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  16. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In comparative terms, the US has been in existence for a fraction of the time people have inhabited what you currently call Iran.

The fact that you needed to make a comparison on World Heritage sites give you even more "little brother" syndrome.

You keep up this charade because you wish your country could be as awesome as the US is!:laugh:

roby repped this.
  17. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time for mods to rename this thread:

The Inevitable War with Iran - So Inevitable that it never happened

sitruc and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  18. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Pretty sure the posters from the ME want desperately for it to happen though.

19. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    IRAN has been the name Iranians have called their country for ages, throughout most of their recorded history. It was the West, that taking up after the Greeks, referring to a region of Iran (Pars, today Fars, which the Greeks called Persis), that called Iran Persia. A practice Iran asked that governments in the West discontinue in the 1930s.

20. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #1720 Mani, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Or most of the US heritage sites are either the legacy of natives whose land your British forefathers stole, or natural sites, neither of which have anything to do with an “American civilization“, while the Iranian heritage sites are mostly cultural sites that are the direct product of an Iranian civilization, a civilization that as I mentioned before, has older hotels than the US Independence Day.

Also, the US is at her peak now. Iran, at her peak as an empire, was the first known superpower controlling three continents , twice the size of US, and home to half of the world’s population. But all empires rise and fall.

21. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What makes you think I have British forefathers?

22. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Oh yeah?

download.jpeg

roby and stanger repped this.
  23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I’m talking about America's forefathers generally. Where did the first American settlers come from? China? Africa? Mars? They were British.

24. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I want to be thin & pretty, but I only got one of those for now

25. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club: