Pre-match: The inevitable war with Iran

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Q*bert Jones III, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  2. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Not all that significant, since there isn't a large enough majority to override Trump's expected veto (once the resolution is also adopted by the House of Representatives). But despite Trump's opposition, the resolution did find some Republican support.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/senate-passes-iran-war-powers-resolution-n1136591
    8 Senate Republicans join Democrats to pass Iran war powers resolution
    Trump has promised to veto the measure.

3. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1503 +PL+, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    This is the most welcomed sight in Iran.:D I highly appreciate religious people like her. :rolleyes:

Hint: for those not knowing what is going on. A Muslim girl in bikini is praying on a beach. :inlove:

4. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't know the level of corruption or mismanagement in China, but it is very high level in Iran, specially corruption.

5. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Iranian aircraft making development has been seriously disaster.

Iran has painted F5 fighters bought by former king who kept some in storages. Islamic regime called the new version as Azarakh in 90s. Later they developed minor changes and called it Saegheh again Azarakh new version, and so on. This particular airplane has been unveiled pretty much every other year under a new name. The whole variants can be explained in this photo.

f-5-comp-image1.gif
    You can see a paint job by Islamic regime of Iran to show similarity of their F5 Saegheh version to F18 Blue Angel Hornet of US Navy.

5397225935_6056335eef_b.jpg

Real American blue angle F18 hornet below.
    e6e838bdf28e5b34a682d1adbff2bbf4.jpg

Shafagh was an iranian version of Yak-130. It was supposed to be ready in 2005. It didn't go beyond a mock model.

download.jpeg
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HESA_Shafaq

1280px-Yakovlev_Yak-_130_(modify).jpg
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-130

Later this project was combined with another to make a stealth aircraft by name of Qaher 313 which didn't go beyond a moving platform with a plastic canopy. It was supposed to be ready in 2013. :D

qaher-313-640_49444.jpg
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAIO_Qaher-313
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-21307208

6. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The actual improvements regarding Iran's aircraft are actually not about its platform but what goes into the plane. And who is building them now. The video below tells the story, albeit in Persian. Building very different platform designs might make for better propaganda imagery, but using the same type of platforms saves costs in terms of spare part and equipment which are being produced based on specifications of platforms already in service.

The reason the "Kowsar" fighter, which in terms of platform isn't as distinct as some prior Iranian models such as Saeghe 2, is nonetheless the pride of Iran's (still infant) aeronautics industry, is because this is the first fighter that relies entirely on Iranian parts and equipment, from nuts and bots, to the main components:
    [​IMG]
    Engine
    [​IMG]
    Multi-function display
    [​IMG]
    Head up display
    [​IMG]
    Pilot ejection seat
    [​IMG]
    computers guidance system
    [​IMG]
    Chaff and flair
    [​IMG]
    armaments
    [​IMG]

7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    We're scared, bruh

+PL+ repped this.
  8. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Even if you weren't, it wouldn't be surprising. Iran's aeronautics industry is like a research project. The actual arm of the Iranian military that delivers its munitions isn't piloted aircraft, but Iran's missiles and UAVs. And in both departments, Iran is not only very strong but is among the world's leaders. Those who need to take account of what Iran can do with such forces, already do.

9. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [emoji23]

Moishe, +PL+ and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  10. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    This here looks like a case of premature elaunchification to me, IM

thediplomat-4th_fw_strike_eagles_assist_shuttle_launch.jpg

11. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    With Iran being able to make its ballistic missiles a lot more precise than some had imagined previously, it is now pretty clear that you don't even need an air force to deliver your munitions over distances. Missiles can do the trick with less risk and less cost. And can do it a lot better, as the impact of ballistic missiles hitting a target isn't comparable to regular munitions (even those of the same weight) doing so.

There are a dozen articles I can site, but for now, this one from the founder of Israel's Arrow missile project, despite the inevitable propaganda in light of its source, should do.
    https://besacenter.org/mideast-security-and-policy-studies/iran-soleimani-revenge/
    Operation “Shahid Soleimani”: Iran’s Revenge
    By Uzi Rubin February 13, 2020

12. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the US was going to invade Iran, those missiles would be destroyed before they could be launched.

Considering the almost 100% air superiority, the actual invasion wouldn’t be difficult, managing the aftermath is always the problem.

+PL+ repped this.
  13. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #1513 Iranian Monitor, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    You have no clue.

The US could never even hope to destroy Iran's missiles. The US couldn't take out Iraq's puny Scud missiles during Desert Storm (despite more stories than flown in WWII) even though Iraq's missiles were all liquid fueled with limited range (meaning they needed as much as a day to fuel and needed to be fired form a confined area in Iraq). The whole idea you have about air power and its efficacy against missiles would be ridiculous even if we weren't talking about the kind of missile arsenal Iran boasts (in the thousands, many using solid fuel, many in silos and underground bunkers and all of them capable of being fired form mobile launchers too). If nothing else, numerous wars in the region, against foes with a fraction of Iran's missiles, have shown that already. The Saudis, with US support and a coalition of 12 countries, and boasting the world's 3rd largest military budget, haven't been able to make a dent in the Houthis missile arsenal. Israel wasn't able to do anything of the sort against Hezbollah's missile arsenal. And, as I mentioned, neither was the US able to take out Saddam's missiles in its war against Iraq.

Don't waste my time with utter nonsense. Please.

fatbastard repped this.
  14. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You have the clue. One small mini nuclear bomb drop near desert Iranian city of Qom will convey the message. Crippling Iranian military is nothing for US military. The will to do so and dealing with the cost of another war is what prevents US from attacking Iran.

Iranian regime is so unpopular that there will be almost no entanglement after an invasion, like what happen in Iraq. A 1991 desert Storm type of invasion will help topple the regime. Dominant majority of Iranians hate the regime. Just do not support or promot MEK (Mojahedin E Khalgh) and it will be done as easy as walking in the park. Even if US does not invade Iran, sanctions alone are doing the job, but it will take time.

15. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Tru dat. Yer far behind schedule

08fefefacdff92dd826f70581fe3e5ab--surprise-memes.jpg

+PL+ repped this.
  16. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know you are the regime mouthpiece, it’s probably why you have been allowed to post here for so long, but your pretty pictures and techno-blather remind me a lot of the vaunted Republican Guard in Iraq.

I have a bunch of friends that were either on the ground or piloting transport planes in Desert Storm. I’m going to take their opinion over yours, and they have all said the military part is easy, it’s the political part the US always gets horribly wrong.

Dage and +PL+ repped this.
  17. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Have any of them read any Clausewitz?

The military as a whole sucked doing “the war bit” in Afghanistan. And in Iraq.

“The war bit” includes making friends and alliances locally. It includes doing all you can to avoid civilian casualties, fighting war as if you were fighting it in your own country amongst your own civilians. If youre not doing that, and are losing, it’s quite easy to say you are winning but the pesky politicians at home are stabbing you in the back. Far more easily done than learning the local language and respecting the local population.

fatbastard and song219 repped this.
  18. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The war part is the military part, removing the government and the hostile combatants.

The rest is the political part, and that’s the part the US sucks at.

19. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    It was your military that carried out Abu Ghraib and Fallujah and Haditha and numerous others, not just your politicians. When your soldiers go abroad they are de facto political agents as well as military personnel, and their political failings translate into strategic military failings.

If you are saying that your military is great at tactics and sucks at strategy, then I can agree with that. but simply saying the military are great and the politicians suck is only telling part of the story.

20. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    This is an immensely stupid assumption to make.

21. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps. Although it’s not something I think we would ever actually find out.

Considering what we spend on new technology designed to kill our enemies it wouldn’t surprise me in the least it it came to fruition.

From what I have been told from my friends that have spent their lives in the military, the only reason we can’t win every conflict is due to political restraint, not a lack of ability.

22. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Dage repped this.
  23. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I think you (and your pals) underestimate the impact of terrain and geographic realities.

Moishe and stanger repped this.
  24. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And you overestimate the popularity and power of Iranian regime. They are only good at guerilla warfare and pesky roadside bomb planting.

25. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I said absolutely NOTHING about the popularity and power of the Iranian regime. Nothing at all. Try arguing against the argument that actually was put forth.

Moishe repped this.