Pre-match: The inevitable war with Iran

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Q*bert Jones III, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Actually, you are way off. The whole strike by Iran, beyond the theatrics, was meant to deliver a clear message that make Iran's subsequent warnings (see below) a lot more credible. That message being that even with half a dozen countries led by the US chipping in, even with Israel's highly acclaimed integrated air defense system, even with prior notice, we can hit two of the most protected air bases in the world! If there is a next time, we won't be pulling punches.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-iran-hamas-latest-04-17-2024-7e4ba24fbb150f020a2d240dad9d462f
    Iran president warns of ‘massive’ response if Israel launches ‘tiniest invasion’

2. Nope, my post isnot way off. It's on the mark.

superdave and yasik19 repped this.
  3. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given that your intent was to argue this isn’t a dick swinging contest, I think you’ve failed.

majspike and yasik19 repped this.
  4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    For what it's worth, not once have I mentioned my pride or some sense of vain satisfaction about Israel's air defenses. I haven't swung my dick at all. I've been trying to get IM to show any legit proof of a statement he's been making since the attack and literally nothing he posted has any credibility about his "severe" assertion. I don't get up in the morning and think to myself how I can boast Israel's military. It's frankly sad to see what I assume a grown man try to constantly justify his big soccer presence by being a propaganda mouth of a horrific anti-human rights regime.

edcalvi, luftmensch, roadkit and 2 others repped this.
  5. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's quite a load of copium you're inhaling there.

Are you really going to argue with a straight face that Iran's recent missile attacks made Iran's capabilities in that area look good?

6. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    There wasn't anything impressive in terms of damage but they proved capable of percing the dome. I think that's the biggest take away, more so than the damage actually done.

Again, hoping cooler heads prevails and this goes no further.

7. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran wasn't trying to start a war nor, certainly, trying to cause casualties. There are hundreds of easy infrastructure and industrial targets in Israel that aren't nearly as protected as the bases Iran hit. Targets whose damage and destruction would have impressed folks here. But for Iran, the message behind the attack (what it could do to hurt) was more important in terms of deterrence. In terms of the damage, what has been verified was the damage to a C-130, a storage facility, and one of the runways at Israel's F35 base, along with as yet inconsistently reported damage to the "other airbase" (probably Ramon). My hunch and the Telegraph report have called damage to that base substantial, while interestingly (and tellingly) the pro Israel FDD report omits mention of that strike except implicitly acknowledging it. Damage to 2 Israeli air bases (including a C-130), a seized Israeli container ship, and forcing roughly $2 Billion worth of munitions to be expended, might overall be considered proportional to the damage done by Israel's strike on Iran's consulate.

8. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IM has been promoting Iran, think chamber of commerce type promotion, for 15+ years.
    Nothing he has ever said has any basis in reality. He thinks the rest of the world is as gullible as the citizens that are only fed one source for everything.

edcalvi and bigredfutbol repped this.
  9. A family member of mine has a company developing swarm drone technology for the Dutch army.
    I wonder if you could load a big drone, actually using it as a launch platform, with explosive swarm drones and as such inundate defense systems like the iron dome with such a number of targets it can't cope anymore.
    Dunno if it's possible, but imagine launching 500 carrier drones each with 20 swarm drones, means you got all of a sudden 10,000 targets to deal with and if these also are as fast and manouvrable as this one, I think you got a problem

10. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This also seems like dick swinging

11. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody in their right mind is going to invade Iran. Not because the Iranians are some invincible military force -- shit, half the people there would probably welcome liberators from the ayatollahs. But what would be the point?

stanger repped this.
  12. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    When Iran made it clear that it would retaliate to Israel's strike against its consulate in a limited, proportional, strike that would target Israeli military installations only, schools, work, traffic, were closed in Israel, their GPS systems were shut off, half a dozen countries led by the US began running non-stop aerial reconnaisance missions, and you had the Israeli public prepared for their shelters and more.

Iran has now made it clear that if Israel takes any action, even the tiniest transgression, against its territory or assets outside Iran, it will launch an attack within seconds that would "destroy the Zionist regime".

Iran won't need trillion dollar satellite and early warning systems to decide when to take Israel's threat of retaliation seriously. All it would need is to look across to see if Israel has closed everything and has its own air force and those of its enablers running non-stop reconnaisance.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iran-mood-after-israel-attack-as-netanyahu-mulls-response/

WORLD
    What's the mood in Iran as Israel mulls its response?

13. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :ROFLMAO:

roadkit repped this.
  14. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    https://www.al-monitor.com/original...l-respond-within-seconds-if-israel-retaliates
    Iran vows it will respond 'within seconds' if Israel retaliates

The proper translation of the warning is not "tiniest invasion" but "tiniest transgression" (against Iranian territory or assets). The "nothing would remain" referred to the "Zionist regime"...
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/nothing-remain-irans-president-vows-091749868.html
    'Nothing would remain': Iran's president vows to completely destroy Israel if it launches ‘tiniest invasion’

15. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Don't force me to waste my time digging up your quotes/predictions/comments versus mine, some in this very thread in relation to various prior episodes between Iran and the US. And many others when you were using your old handle "Scarecrow". Do you now realize Iran has shipyards and builds its own warships? Do you now realize Iran's missiles are precise and didn't just "hit sand" when they were launched against Al Asad base in Syria? Do you understand that "Assad must go" did not pan out? Do you know the Pentagon's own study called Iran the winner of the US war in Iraq? Do you understand Israel failed to defeat Hezbollah in the 2006 war and Hezbollah is 10 times stronger today? Do you understand Israel has not won a single war against the axis of resistance, not even the one it is waging now against Hamas? Do you understand that the Saudis and their US backed coalition couldn't beat the Houthis and, more recently, the US wasn't able to take them out either? Do you understand that all the propaganda nonsense and woodoo math aside, half a dozen countries helping Israel and Israel couldn't stop Iran from hitting 2 sensitive Israeli airbases housing respectively their F-35 and F-16 fleets despite Iran's plans to hit them being already shared with the US and Israel?...

16. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #2991 Iranian Monitor, Apr 18, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    I am now learning the other base that the other base reported sustaining "significant damage" may not have been Ramon but a supersensitive joint US-Israeli base in the Negev. I will need to do more research to reach my own conclusion. But don't pretend I have not cited this report to you several times already.
    https://news.yahoo.com/israel-admits-iranian-ballistic-missiles-133544742.html
    Israel admits Iranian ballistic missiles struck two military bases

• The Nevatim air base in the Negev desert was hit by five ballistic missiles, damaging a C-130 cargo plane, an out-of-use runway, and empty storage facilities, while another airbase in the Negev suffered significant damage from four other missiles.

17. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it a double secret supersensitive airbase?

waitforit and stanger repped this.
  18. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    triple;)
    Can't be sure, but this seems to have been "the other base"

https://resonantnews.com/2024/04/16...rsonnel from,foreign adversaries at this site.
    American Base Inside Israel is on Iranian Crosshair

19. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You guys don't like Scott Ritter, but he is one of a very few knowledgeable people with interest in facts instead of spin. A good review of Iran's strike.

20. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You probably shouldn't hold up a sexual predator as some beacon of virtue, but you do you.

And the only thing that interests him more than facts is sex with under-age girls.

Potowmack and superdave repped this.
  21. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He also claimed that the massacre of Ukranian civilians and prisoners of war in Bucha was a false flag operation by the Ukranian government.

Obviously those 2 and a half years in prison for soliciting sex with a minor etc didn't help his mental state.

roadkit and superdave repped this.
  22. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  23. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    While I certainly wouldn't trust my teenage daughter around him, on most issues relating to US foreign policy, Israel, Iran, military issues and arms control, I consider him knowledgeable and often correct. But he did make powerful enemies when he tried to stand up to the neocons over Iraq. I should also add that a large number of US politicians and public figures are very compromised by even worse offenses, including sexual ones, than being caught (if I recall correctly) in a sting operation for having video sex with a 15 year old minor. Most of the misdeeds of these other folks are treated by the Mossad the way J Edger Hoover handled his files, with quite a few stories about the Epstein-Mossad connection out there to give some clues.

24. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Do they have Oil?

25. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Apparently one of the main problems with drone swarms is that the current proliferated tech is just using radio so you can't have too many drones in the same space due to signal interference

Indeed signals is one of the main issues with drone warfare

feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.