Pre-match: The inevitable war with Iran

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Q*bert Jones III, Jun 21, 2019.

1. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    #2751 waitforit, Apr 14, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
    Iran did not cause any significant material damage and no human casualties is literally what happened

You are on a football website. You point is literally sure the others scored goals but look at the possession and how many times we hit the crossbar

The delusion of some of you is amazing. Between Robert "BRICS is totally the future yo" and Umar "HAMAS are not capable of rape" and a few others that say things like "Israel is on the brink of defeat" what I learn in PCE every day is amazing. HAMAS is close to conquering Tel Aviv I guess

So you get it... it was an expensive fireworks show

The base in is the desert and Israel has a habit of not downing stuff that they know won't hit anything. Also hitting a runway is what a few hours of repairs. Hitting the dirt near is base is called hitting the base

I mean it would be on par for Iran to declare this a "great success"

I honestly thought that this show of fireworks won't fool anyone but again I am on a website where people say things like HAMAS is not capable of rape and a guy who says relevant people's opinion don't matter as we all someone's son

BTW when I posted last time Iran barely launched the Shaheds and all I was reading from like minded people like you is how the second - most devastating - wave is coming and that the Shahed was just a small part

Now to hear form the same people that the attack was a massive success. It was such a massive success tv stations are showing a huge fire from Texas as an successful hit

That is why I am saying Israel retaliating would be stupid.

edcalvi repped this.
  2. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What I meant was if you want to define failure by how much casualties or material damage you cause, then you are watching too much G.I Joe.
    You define failure by whether or not your you achieve a certain strategic objective.
    And I would argue that the jury is not out on that yet, given Iran's objectives as previously stated, and what the Israeli reaction will be.

But I take it from your response you did not really thoroughly read my post or understood the essence of it, so I will not waste further time and energy on this.

3. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    #2753 waitforit, Apr 14, 2024
    Yes
    Next question. I am not "feelings" or a "hearts and minds" person

I understood your post. You think Iran was showing Israel the finger and saying next time it will be worse. BUT it was fireworks show to show their domestic audience how powerful Iran is. And for a bunch of people that like to brag they dot not fall for Iran propaganda you sure didn't fell for it

It is the same shit Russia does for theirs but somehow the western top minds fall for that too

PS: for a bunch of people who keep repeating that HAMAS didn't start the escalation on October 7th you sure say this attack happened because of the consulate attack

4. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Once the dust settles, censorship restrictions ease, we can better understand the impact of the strikes. For now, what is indisputable is that 4 separate targets were hit by ballistic missiles (carrying 500+kg warheads): 2 Israeli air bases (with the IDF only confirming the hit on the Nevatim base even though the Ramon base was hit even harder), an Israeli military base in the Golan and an Israeli base in Arad. You can see those on the map from the Washington Post below.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/04/14/mapping-wide-scale-iranian-drone-missile-attacks/

5. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You can see Israeli censorship rules in the videos being posted on western media. Those rules preclude showing missiles impacting. Hence, once missiles reach a target and cause an explosion, the camera (instead of zooming in, zooms out). This video is from the Guardian.

6. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    #2756 Robert Borden, Apr 14, 2024
    Can't blame @waitforit for not getting it. How can Iran claim any kind of success when they didn't bomb hospitals, schools or killed civilians/ Israeli children?

Not enough shit blowing up or blood being spilled - NATO style, which makes the US and allies pledge to go on a full diplomatic counterattack the more ridiculous. Who's going to care about that?

Like you said, too much GI Joe

7. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I am sure those Shaheds all would have hit military bases had they not been intercepted.

Iran needs to hit something to claim anything. But again you think China and Russia would intervene on behalf of Iran so you clearly know your shit.

I wasn't aware of the point of striking (military) targets was to not actually hit them. I guess I did watch too much Transformers.

8. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran hit 4 different IDF bases. That is clear.

9. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine

What an idiot. Still posting here as if he was an expert though.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  10. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Not that is not clear.

And stop quoting washingpost

You quoted the same prediction "HAMAS does not rape" boy

You think that saying the same thing several times is different things or something. How stupid are you?

11. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's as if you think Iran didn't do their homework and had no knowledge of Israel defense capabilities while taking into account that the west would also help them to intercept incoming threats. Smh

Lastly, how do you know they didn't hit their intended targets? Because Israel and western MSM said so? Right, they never get anything wrong or mislead anyone...ever :ROFLMAO:

As for the Russia, China part - you've demonstrated at large throughout multiple threads that geopolitics is a concept that truly escapes you. Does Syria or Ukraine rings a bell?

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  12. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    #2762 waitforit, Apr 14, 2024
    So you are agreeing with me? That it was all theatre and expensive fireworks

You can't hide massive casualties and hits on anything these days.

BRICS any day now. BTW you should move in any of those countries

China has entered the war vs Ukraine?

Where are the J-20s

13. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Stop talking about yourself

roadkit repped this.
  14. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  15. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    #2765 waitforit, Apr 14, 2024
    I guess on that definition India is supporting Ukraine too

To make it very clear. I hate this vague shit. You hide under the "support" claim. Support can mean both blankets or nuclear submarines

If Iran is attacked you think China and Russia will give weapons like tanks and jets to Iran? Help on par to what NATO is currently giving Ukraine.

Or they would intervene themselves?

The Irish Rover repped this.
  16. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh no is Russia gonna send meat waves of infantry across the Bering Straits whatever will our advanced military dooo

majspike and Potowmack repped this.
  17. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    #2767 The Irish Rover, Apr 14, 2024
    With respect, it isn't. Not from international news sources.

At the moment, those sources are almost unanimously reporting
    331 missiles and drones launched at Israel:
    * 36 Cruise Missiles - 36 shot down
    * 185 Kamikaze Drones - 185 shot down
    * 110 Ballistic Missiles* - 103 shot down​

That's 7 missiles getting through but "getting through" doesn't mean hitting the target, only that they didn't crash and the air defenses didn't shoot them down. 7 missiles to hit 4 targets requires a lot of accuracy from them.

It's also hard to keep individual hits secret these days, especially when the official line is that only one was hit and is being pushed hard at every opportunity.

yasik19, luftmensch and roadkit repped this.
  18. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    People have access to satellites

But we won't be getting some info today as apparently it is cloudy :laugh:

So tomorrow or next week whatever the hits will be apparent. If they are big Israel cannot hide them. If they can hide them it means they weren't big to begin with.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  19. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Sending your soldiers to fight is entering a war. Sending military advisors who don't fight is definitely not entering a war. Neither is sending weapons. All China is sending is components and machinery.

It isn't entering the war, which you either knew but were too lazy/cowardly/dishonest to accept or are too stupid to understand.

20. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I stand by what I mentioned. Those "sources" are all reporting numbers reported by the IDF. You can look at the bases impacted (4) in the map by the Washington Post in this report here. In terms of the number of missiles that hit each target, you can count at least 5 hitting just the Ramon air base here. If you follow the descending path of other missiles shown in other videos you can see a lot more than 7.

21. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Here is a raw video showing 8 missiles impacting their target in this one location.

22. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    1) "Allegedly" is doing a lot of the heavy lifting. Anyone can allege anything, especially on social media.

2) "Allegedly declared" is an oxymoron. A declaration is a clear, public and official statement.

3) "Support" is also doing some heavy lifting. The Russian air force is support. So is a vote at the UN. Which is it?

Stop throwing out incontinent word salad.

superdave and waitforit repped this.
  23. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Again with the insults... why are you so weak?

The other weakling was asking if China entered the war with his J20 comment, I provided the article showing that the current level of Chinese support towards Russia has pissed off Washington who sent Yellen to threatened them with sanctions - meaning that if the conflict ever got expended, you can expect other parties to support Iran as well.

Again, stop being this soft...embarrassing

24. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I don't know, enlist other nation's troops to do the fighting for you?:whistling:

25. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Again define the word support. Why is it so hard to answer a simple question

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It is the same video repeated 4 times