The Impact of jealousy on my enjoyment of CCL

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by whiteisthecolour, Aug 27, 2008.

1. whiteisthecolour

whiteisthecolour Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    With the advent of of the CONCACAF Champions League, I found myself excitedly anticipating the games, hoping to make it a regular fixture in my sports-watching.

With Montreal getting their first win tonight, I found myself wondering what could have been. With such positive results against Toronto, I can't believe we didn't bring our A-game to take out Montreal. I think perhaps our FO/coaching staff undervalued the CC/CCL. I think we should have poured everything into getting that CC title and into the CCL. The exposure to Canadian media of winning the CC, and then the regular CBC coverage of the CCL would have been a HUUUUGE boost to the WHitecaps brand, and a real boon to their supporters as well as a wake-up call to both the Vancouver populace and MLS brass.

I honestly think we should have maybe even made a quality signing and breated more competitive focus on the CC, even if it meant losing some of our league form.

2. JohnnyRanger

JohnnyRanger Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    no way no how.

USL and League first.

We gotta secure as much silverware here before moving to the MLS, and league silverwarem at that.

The Caps have shown a reluctance to show like they give a toss about the Supporters and the brand is as big as it needs to be for now.