The "I'm so ********ing sick of this election, I just want it over RIGHT NOW" Thread

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, Oct 20, 2004.

1. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: The "I'm so ********ing sick of this election, I just want it over RIGHT NOW" Thr

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but i thought it was interesting how the thread took a wild turn and posters began their own rudimentary Big Soccer version of Plato's Republic.... :)

2. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Re: The "I'm so ********ing sick of this election, I just want it over RIGHT NOW" Thr

I'm still ********ing sick of this ********ing election.

3. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not to turn this into yet another gun debate, but this is the reason why people who sniff at the whole "lightly-armed citizenry standing as a check against a government with overwhelming amounts of high-tech weaponry" aren't really being as imaginative as they should be.

And by the way, our boys aren't exactly being sent home in bodybags by the most powerful, most advanced weapons that money can buy.

4. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm more of a Jack Ruby kind of guy.

5. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I second this motion!

6. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have to admit, I always viewed this one as the *best* argument for the "conservative" view of the 2nd Amendment, but I thought it unrealistic in modern times. If there is one thing Bush's boondoggle in Iraq has shown, it's that a determined local fighter can do pretty well despite an "arms gap". Consider me fully converted.

7. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    As much as I hate all this mudslinging and media coverage, this system still works, albeit imperfectly. We should consider ourselves very lucky. In many parts of the world, they would kill for an opportunity to elect their leaders.

8. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "I'm so ********ing sick of smug Republicans.

9. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How creative. Thanks for adding to the general level of debate. I'm sure your party thanks you for your brilliant words that draw the opposition closer to understanding and even converting to your point of view. It is comments like this that have led to a thread like this. Nov 2 can't get here soon enough!

10. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999

... bump ...

Oh, thank heaven it's the weekend! That means I have SOCCER to distract me from this ********ing awful election.

No more Bush and Kerry and Osama Bin Laden for me! It'll be the MLS playoffs, some EPL action and whatever other soccer I can find on TV to take me away from the drone, drone, drone!

That's great because I can't take this election any more this week than I could last week ... I'm sick of it.

Of course, if DC United loses its playoff bid to the MetroStars I'll surely need the ********ing awfulness of the election to distract me from the ********ing awfulness of such a horrible outcome.

11. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa

Who's in the MLS finals? All I know is it's not the Fire.

Two more goddamn days! Bottle of MacClallan 10 year-old sitting on the shelf waiting for 21:00 hours tomorrow.

13. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Congradulations on avoiding the hell that comes with being a Crew fan. Add in the fact that the system hard drive on my desktop machine suffered a sudden catestrophic failure on Saturday, and the fact that while I was at the Crew game yesterday I got THREE political calls (one from some democratic org, one from Rudy, and one from the Governator), and I'm all primed for Tuesday! Woo-hoo!

14. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines

I got a call from Jerry Brown and one from Julia Louis-Dreyfus. Brown wanted me to vote against the three-strikes revision.

Julia just wanted to have wild monkey sex with me.