The "I'm so ********ing sick of this election, I just want it over RIGHT NOW" Thread

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    That's it.

I just reached my saturation point. I can take it no more.

It happened quite suddenly while watching MSNBC. I've had it.

The election coverage is mind-numbingly awful. The only things worse than the press are the campaigns themselves. I get dumber whenever I hear the spinners. The ads make me violent. The TV pundits undermine my sanity. And those polls! And those damned bloggers ... oh, it's all too ********ing STUPID! TOO ********ING STUPID!

It's so ********ing important and they ALL MAKE IT INTO SOMETHING THAT'S ********ING STUPID!

It's willful stupidity.

That's what it is, willful stupidity! And I can take it no more. I just want it over.

STOP! STOP! STOP!

2. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Your big mistake was in watching MSNBC in the first place.

3. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    For me its over, I've already sent in my ballot.

4. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hit the wall Monday afternoon.

5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    By being on vacation in South America and then crushingly busy at work (part of which was spent abroad as well) I've avoided the worst. But then I visited Iowa this past weekend and got a dose of what the election is like in swing states. God I feel sorry for those people.

6. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    I think watching any news station is a big mistake. They're supposed to be neutral, yet they always manage to be biased.

You also have to love their ability to make a big deal out of anything. Here's a scenario:

Anchor (Bob): "We have word that a woman has broken the nail of her index finger in Bangor, Maine. Jean is currently in Bangor. Jean..."

Jean: "Yes Bob...there are reports that she did break a finger nail. They are saying that she did so while raking the leaves. Now, we don't know exactly how bad the nail breakage really is, but we constantly being reported back with information from her as she treats the nail with a special lotion that experts believe can make this issue better at a quick and efficent pase. Bob, back to you."

Bob: Thanks, Jean.

7. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Oh, dear. You are so well beyond screwed, Ben.

Forget the good old days, where by this time in the Politics World Cup you pretty much knew who was going to win and who wasn't. The good old days now are the ones where this actually ends on Election Day.

Remember that day after day of agonizing pain between John Ellis and William Rehnquist bookending Bush's theft? That was over a month of extra torture, daily. Guess what we're in for this year. We'll look back on 2000 as a golden age, because it was only limited to one state.

Imagine. Slack-jawed, drooling Freeper zombies and their shadowy paymasters rolling into towns from Reno to Scranton, while black voters across the country ask the Democrats if we wouldn't mind getting our heads out of our asses and doing something THIS time. And don't get me started on the military votes. Those will come straight out of the Pensacola Kinko's by the boxful.

And I haven't touched on what happens if Bush wins the popular vote while Kerry takes the electoral college. Every Democrat will be a born-again strict constructionist, while the Reeps will call for a new Constitutional Convention. It'll be beautiful.

AND, we have just under two weeks for the inevitable - inevitable, I tell you - October Surprise. I'll give you something to cry about - how about a terrorist attack and a postponed election? You like that? Yeah, where's your false god now?

You're hitting the wall now? Baby, they haven't started BUILDING the wall.

(Probably a funnier, shorter post would have been "Who can concentrate on the election with the MLS playoffs here? I've got a bad case of MPF, and there's just no cure!!!!!" Oh, well.)

8. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Amen!

It ain't over untill the fat judge sings!

9. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Yeah, it's nice living in a solidly blue state. The only time the campaign really bothered me was during Mayor Bloomy's Fun With Quasi-Martial Law during the RNC and listening to people whine about midtown traffic when Bush is in town for a fundraiser.

It's pretty funny - Chuck Schumer is the only one buying any airtime in NYC metro and I'm thinking "Why bother?".

10. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would that be the one who likes to hunt with the VP? oh, never mind...

Go Dan Loney, keep feeding us a rosy picture! Somehow, you just made me feel better about today's news coverage....

11. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

ditto

still, as a floridian once said: the waiting is the hardest part

12. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enough! I can't take anymore. I feel like I gave birth...to an accountant.

13. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: The "I'm so ********ing sick of this election, I just want it over RIGHT NOW" Thr

[waves hand furiously]

You have no idea. And since I work at a huge air base, Bush flies in an out of this place all the damn time, and it causes a ripple effect on security. I think Bush and Kerry are actually eligible to vote in Ohio, they've been here so much.

14. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mark my words, there will be no official results on who won the presidency, short of one side winning by a landslide, until at least mid December. If it is even remotely close, as it is shaping up to be, the legal battles will last a couple of weeks, and the ensuing political limbo will drag this entire thing on at least an extra month. Unfortunately, this is far from over.

15. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: The "I'm so ********ing sick of this election, I just want it over RIGHT NOW" Thr

What's your gig at Wright-Pat if you don't mind my asking?

16. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I work for GD-AIS (defense contractor) supporting Air Force Research Laboratory efforts in "Decision Support" research for unmanned vehicles. Specifically, I write custom software to run experiments.

17. bmurphyfl

bmurphyfl Member

Jun 10, 2000
    VT
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Piling onto Loney's earlier post, if you think you are weary of this campaign, check out this article about Kerry's post-election legal plans:

This could go on for awhile. Take a breather right now and get yourself ready for two more months of this. Followed by four more years of nasty partisan attacks.

Murf

18. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yea, unfortunately, Election day won't be the end of it.

19. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is never going to end. How incredibly sad for all of us.

20. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro

We all buy into it anyway, so why do we get bothered?

We already had some discussions about 2008, remember?
    Hillary or maybe Edawrds are in position...if Kerry loses, etc...

I think Bush had visited Ohio more than any other sitting President before the "election" run. This means that the election is never over. Consider how the US Reps have to be re-elected every two years, they pretty much run all the time.

21. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Look on the bright side. Some of us will be able to tell our grandchildren stories about way back when elections seemed legitimate and we walked five miles uphill in the snow to "learning to be patriots!" camps.

22. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There's quite a difference between "buying into it" and being unable to affect it.

23. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Bush Co. has lawyers in the exact same locations drafting the exact same litigation strategies.

24. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't buy into it. I'm sickened and sadened by it. And being a lowly member of the unwashed masses, I feel absolutely powerless to affect any real change on the system.

25. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Run for office, or blackmail some high official. Otherwise you're pretty much SOL.