The "I'm a fan of 韦迪's" thread

Discussion in 'China' started by teamdragon, Jan 26, 2010.

1. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Wei Di continues to impress. Technical soccer is the way to go. That said, I'd prefer Brazil.

新华网北京4月12日电(记者郑道锦、公兵)中国足球各级国家队已经明确统一学习西甲的技术流风格,而总教练高洪波则将他向往的风格解释为“西班牙+荷兰”。在有企业愿意一年出4000万元人民币资金的条件下,中国足协还将加快引进外籍技术顾问的进程。
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/n/2010-04-12/21054934961.shtml

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    interesting..

maybe in 10 years we'd produce some fabiano chen or zhang kaka or ronaldinho li or something lolll :cool:

3. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Good job Wei Di. Prfessionalism. A big difference between China and Japan too. One step at a time. It's all good steps so far. And the call for World Cup.

"五名到足协上任才三个月新中层在秦皇岛汇报工作的时候,韦迪感到很不满意。他批评几名中层说,“从工作情况看,你们确实不够专业,如果继续这样下去,到年底的时候只能请你们走人。”
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/c/2010-07-19/08555111744.shtml

4. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Hindsight is 20/20. And with hindsight, we can see clearly Gao has foresight that's 20/20, Spain/Holland, at least about this year's WC results.

5. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Right on. I've always maintained Milu did huge harm to Chinese soccer.

徐寅生:米卢快乐足球很可笑
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/c/2010-09-27/16135222659.shtml

徐寅生认为,蔡振华分管足球的当务之急是搞好训练,“2002年世界杯的时候,米卢搞的什么快乐足球,真是可笑!训练就是艰苦、枯燥的。像米卢那样天天不练,就会拉张小网,两个人颠颠球,这个我也会啊!但我能代表中国队出征世界杯吗?”

1982年世界杯预选赛,是徐寅生心中永远的遗憾,即使是在28年后,他的语气中仍旧带着不甘:“那时候我在体委,不光是足球,其他项目也都参与了一些,那次世界杯预选赛我们打得不错,但是沙特和新西兰的最后一场球捣鬼了。”

参加1982年世界杯预选赛的那一届中国男足,领队是徐寅生,主帅是苏永舜,中国队与沙特、科威特、新西兰进入亚太区预选赛决赛。但亚足联的赛程安排非常诡异,在中国队比赛完毕的情况下,其他三队还有两轮比赛要打。于是,出线无望的沙特先是0比2输给科威特,送给科威特一张世界杯入场券,随后,沙特主场0比5输给新西兰,导致中国和新西兰积分、净胜球相同,后来的故事大家都知道了,中国在附加赛里输给了新西兰。

6. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    interesting how the headline centers on his statements about Milu when its such a tiny part of the article. I'd completely disagree that Milu's "happy soccer" had any negative impact, what did huge harm to Chinese soccer is its own corrupt nature. When Milu recently showed up at Gongti and rumors began he'd be Guoan's coach next season, I definitely was excited, he knows what he's talking about and he has the results to back it up.

7. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Not everybody is interested in long-winded prose that leads to nowhere. Sometimes, the truth takes just one word to tell. 徐寅生, the manager of the strongest side China has ever fielded, the 1982 squad, is simply calling it the way it is.

Milu is a joke outside of China except in a couple of small countries. And while he was in China, he played the Chinese team as if it was Brazil where there are abundance of top talents and hence "happy soccer" would be all it takes.

What results? If you're talking about reaching WC 2002, we reached despite of him not because of him. Zhang Zilong's draw and the still dominant Hao Haidong/Fan Ziyi combo bailed him out. And if we're talking about result in a bigger sense of the word, the result after his reign has been disastrous. China gave up serious soccer completely and "happily". The worst of the corruption actually happened right after 2002, in the atmosphere of "happily" doing whatever one pleased thanks in no small part to the influence of Milu and his handlers.