The HT Crimestoppers Alert Thread

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Stogey23, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    There are guidelines to the amount of the fines. And yes, please bitch here about cheaters. I may be a GM but I need to vent on occasion too :)

This case will be handled by a global GM since it involves more than one country's teams. And no, decisions will not be announced to the reporting person. That is a confidential matter between the GMs and the suspects.

2. nickfox45

nickfox45 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    suspect? i like to think of him more as a criminal who deserves the chair!

3. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Innocent until proven and found guilty, nickfox! Just wait until it's your turn and teh black-shirted hattrick goons drag you away in the middle of the night.......

4. nickfox45

nickfox45 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    my morals are far too high to ever cheat at hattrick. however, im not morally opposed to buying a 1.3 million dollar forward to assure that i PUMMEL Kimberley tonight like he deserves!

5. revsfan21

revsfan21 New Member

May 20, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    I might have a cheater here but I am not sure. Is the only evidence needed is the same computer log in ID?
    the teams are:
    S.A. Pirates f.c (222721)
    and
    st. augustine ghosts (223214)

6. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, that's not evidence of cheating. Not even logging in from the same computer (i.e. exact same IP, rather than just the two bytes you can see) -- there are multiple instances of husband-and-wife pairs playing. You need at least a transaction between them, and preferably at an inflated price.

7. YankeeHoo

YankeeHoo New Member

Aug 10, 2004
    NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey y'all-

There's a guy in my series whose team the hogers (224443) has not set a lineup all year.. usually i'd just think he is just abandoning the game, but he manages to sign in once a month or so, and usually sells a player when he does so. Even with this though, he has always set up a nice 2-4-1 lineup, to forefeit the game. While I dont mind the wins, its no fun for the series, and have no idea whether or not the guy is cheating- is this something worth ht-mailing a GM over?

8. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So he's only selling his players? That means that he's likely feeding his players to another team if he's cheating. Does it look like he's selling his players to the same team every time? Do they have matching IP addresses?

I'd be more concerned if he was buying players. That'd mean he would be using the hogers to fund a better team somewhere else. The 'fact' (?) that he's selling his players for $ and losing all of his games is not in and of itself, evidence of something to worry 'bout like cheating.

9. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Go ahead and report the suspicious ones. Let us sort it out. That's what we are for.

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah make him actually do something in all the time he spends on HT. :p

11. LaBella

LaBella New Member

May 23, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Think I found a cheat in my own series... (love the new news feature) not a crazy violation (he didn't make a ton of cash) but sketchy non the less

The transactions:
    http://www0.hattrick.org/Common/transferHistory.asp?action=player&playerID=64204591

http://www0.hattrick.org/Common/transferHistory.asp?action=player&playerID=61498513

http://www0.hattrick.org/Common/transferHistory.asp?action=player&playerID=65085675

3 sales within 6 minutes

all 3 players are crap

both teams Fighting Illini 70856 and Mrs Butterworth have 223111 the same IP start numbers...

and check out butterworth's transactions... he sold 6 guys to the same owner a couple of weeks earlier..

I hate these cheaters!!!!

12. ishuaia

ishuaia New Member

May 8, 2005
    Panama City
    Which country?

13. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Wow. who would have thought the latest news thing might be used to catch cheaters :)

Make sure you report them.

14. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's interesting, Fighting Illini have been around longer than me, they were in my series when I started out. They are the last of the original V.84 teams to remain in that series as everyone else has either promoted or demoted out.

15. LaBella

LaBella New Member

May 23, 2004
    Boston, MA
    hey craig.. forgot you were in there!

that's kinda why it looked weird to me. He's been playing forever.. he's an good team... (actually was in 3rd.. behind blackout and my team)... just that when this popped up on the "news" i just had to scratch my head.

i reported it.. hopefully it's just a guy making a run on players.. still weird though

16. ishuaia

ishuaia New Member

May 8, 2005
    Panama City
    I think I found a cheater in my country league.

Please help me determine is he actually is cheating:

Al Yazira F.C (614811)

He sold two players with really low TSI to this guy in my league:

Cienaga Larga C.F (614889)

for an extremely high price considering the TSI.

And if you can notice the ip adresses that both of the time uses, they start the same sometimes.

If you agree with me, please tell me the procedure to report him.

17. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Looks fishy to me. Two of the IP addresses show signs of matching up - 210.224 and 168.77

They have no other transfers so its hard to tell what other activity they are involved in.

Click on "About Hattrick" in the menu on the top left. Then click on "Gamemasters" and this will bring up the Report a Cheater menu. Fill it out the best you can and hope it all works out. They won't tell you the results of their findings.

18. ishuaia

ishuaia New Member

May 8, 2005
    Panama City
    They are also from the same region.

When should I be expecting the results if they actually consider him cheating?

19. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    You won't know. Details of cheating investigations are kept private. When you fill out the report, be sure to indicate what made you suspicious, it makes my job easier (and the other GMs as well.)

20. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA

He'd know if you booted the guy though, wouldn't he?!?

21. ishuaia

ishuaia New Member

May 8, 2005
    Panama City
    The guy still in my league like nothing had happen.

I can see the user name and everything.

22. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep an eye on his logins. See if he still logs in to the team.

Will take 7 weeks from the last login to reset the team to a bot.

23. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Yeah, that would be the only way to know. Since the GMs won't say anything.

24. rgreene100

rgreene100 New Member

Mar 16, 2005
    Now I've got another team in my league that is buying crap players from another team at the same IP address. los cangrejos fc (223455)

25. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Report him.....