The Honorable Mr. Edwin F. Hale Speaks

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Soccer-Man, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
  2. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    not to rain on your parade but the article clearly states that the game is the NISL championship not the world title, those are your your words soccerman not the articles
    get a grip dude..hahahahaha
    and it s funny how Hale speaks like he knew from the beginning that the game would be in Baltimore - hmm..funny that or things that make you go hmmm

3. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    What's even funnier is that the Chicago Storm will either be playing in the NISL next year, where they would once again quailify for some of Mr. Hale's money; or they will fold.

Remember, he who laughs last.................

4. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
  5. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    soccerman - uh ya good luck with that
    The 4 teams in the XSL are currently working on 09-10 season
    Whether or not it will pan out - we have yet to see, again - I am not an owner nor are you
    and you also try to cut me down or rip on the Storm and not defend or try to make sense of your senseless comments
    Hey - if the 2 leagues can join forces or lets just say for arguments sake - the xsl does fold but these teams stay together and they do join the NISL BFD - they are playing and we have a team to cheer for - isn't that what we all want anyway - who really cares which league right??
    Except those of you who really care about which league - but don't we care more about our home team and them playing somebody because we want indoor soccer to survive
    I would love for all these teams to play against eachother - I miss seeing the games - for 5 years I have been going to games and when there was only 1 league it was awesome and fun to watch
    There are very good players in both leagues but we have been cheated because now we only see half of them
    you - soccerman - are so mislead or rightwing or on drugs or just a nut case - open your eyes to the world and care about somebody else besides yourself and your God Ed Hale
    ok I am rambling now - I am done

6. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    The BLAST has had articles in the Baltimore Sun a few times this week. The BLAST has been on the radio (WNST, WBAL, WCBM) all week. The BLAST has been on all the local TV Networks all week. The Blast has had a few articles in Pressboxonline this week.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN.

I realize your bias against the BLAST and anything not PASL-Pro; but your trumped up, pretend, hollier than thou position has eroded and is all washed away. No one is buying into it anymore.

By the way, you will be there to witness history tonight.

7. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The article attributes the breakup of the MISL franchises to a dispute over whether the title game should be held at a neutral site. That isn't what caused the breakup at all.

8. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I did hear Jeff Kraft and Kevin Healey on WNST and a promo that Robbie Aristodemo was going to be on later and I saw a bit on Fox 45.

But YOU said the Baltimore Sun is all over it and that's just not true. I would, in fact, call their coverage poor.

9. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I know. That was funny. I thought the real reason was that the XSL teams wanted to play 10 homes games and the NISL teams only wanted to play 9. ;)

10. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    It's not Ravens or Orioles coverage, but all things considered, it's good. It can be better, but Jeff Kent is doing a great job with the BLAST. Next year, once the NISL absorbs the XSL, the coverage will better.

More teams, more coverage.

11. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Who the hell is Jeff Kent? Didn't he retire from the San Francisco Giants?

12. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    and uh ya - the breakup of the xsl? hmm and you have facts to back that up?? you know that from where?? and will Monterey be back?? will they want to spend money on travelling to the east coast over & over?? there are a lot of what ifs out there and you spout info as if it was gospel, well until we see what the future brings lets hope that we have indoor soccer for 09/10. One can speculate and give opinion or say that if it were me would I spend that kind of money - well - the future is not written and you never know - what if there are 10 teams in each league next year - granted probably not - but we do not know for fact

13. MOREHEAD

MOREHEAD Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Son my God where have you been? the only this the baltimore sun covers with any degree of certainty is a fish sold at the local fish market or the floor so fido doe not go on the rug!:D

14. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The artice says it's ridiculous to have the championship game at a neutral site. It is equally ridiculous to decide a two-game semifinal on a golden goal overtime victory. There is no way that one goal should be equal to an entire game.

15. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

this is a great point we need to go bak to a best of 3 series

16. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    We will have trouble going back to the best of 3 until we get enough solid owners. Mr. Hale is willing to do whatever it takes to grow the sport, but there isn't many owners that will work with him. Fortunately, the NISL has 5 decent owners.

17. MOREHEAD

MOREHEAD Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I was about to go OFF but son You are no worth it!!!:mad:

But to everyone else please have a nice easter and congrats to all who support there teams and leagues. HELL WE ALL MADE IT THOUGH THE SEASON!!:)

18. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    5 teams .... 4 1/2 owners. Hale's funding of the Twisters trumps what Paul does in Mass.

19. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    {Bill Maher impression}

New rules: You're not allowed to brag about how great your owners are if you can stage your annual league meetings in a Volkswagen.

20. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Bring back Fresh Money.

21. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I have to say that the more I see and read from the NISL, the more I realise that Ryan was more or less running the MISL with the intentions of pleasing Hale first and everyone else second.

The moves that made you scratch you're head are seemingly the same moves being made in the NISL & Hale. Granted we are only 3/4's the way through a full NISL season but there are too many similarities for me to think Ryan was as clueless as was once perceived to be.