The Guest DJ on Monday 9/29 on KEZR 106.5 will be...

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by guamster, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Quakesfreak

Quakesfreak New Member

Jul 13, 2001
    CA
    thank you!!! :)

2. Quakesfreak

Quakesfreak New Member

Jul 13, 2001
    CA
    ummm...what show is/was this exactally??

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp No problem! :)

4. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    The show is called Rock Me Baby on UPN.

5. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll try to tape the show. But I'll make no promises. I don't know if I even have blank tapes anywhere. I haven't seen a tape in sooooo long! Hehe.

I'm crazy busy this week though so I may not be able to get it all cut out and whatnot. But I'll do what I can.

6. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    I just found a whole bunch of old blank (I think) tapes, so I will tape the show tomorrow.

7. KatieMae

KatieMae New Member

Oct 4, 2002
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

8. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I didn't find any blank tapes. But consider yourselves lucky. The show was boring as heck. I listened from 6-about 10 minutes ago. I brought a radio to work so I could listen, but I left it in my car cuz they were boring my socks off.

9. rchgrca

rchgrca New Member

Apr 1, 2001
    Fremont, CA
    I spoke to Landon Donovan!

I asked him what he thought should be done to put more people in the stands (~8:45am PDT). It sounded like I stumped him because his initial reply was a big "WOW! Geez! I don't know..." which was later edited out. He said the team performing well should really help (we have the best record but still among the lowest attendances) and also giving out free tickets might help (we'll see). I knew this subject wasn't his forte; I just wanted his opinion.

The last caller asked what it would take to keep in San Jose. His reply: "10 million dollars!", the show's host said "I have $13, it's a start!" He did say that he plans on honoring the length of his contract and will be with the Quakes next year. He also confirmed that he is VERY HAPPY in his present situation.

10. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    I heard about 5-10 minutes of the show. It went something like this: commercial-commercial-commercial-traffic report-commercial-commercial-commercial-"Hollywood Report type of thing"-commercial-commercial, etc.

During the "Hollywood Report" schtick the guy actually made an effort to make a connection to LD, talking about how Beckham was in LA and people really didn't know who he was. This would have been a great time for a comment from LD but I don't think they even tried.

Anyway, makes me glad I'm one of the .0001% of people who listen to a public commercial-free 24-hour jazz station.

11. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Landon must not be a morning person. :)

12. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You ain't the only one. :)

13. Defender

Defender Member

Joe's Plumbing 86ers
    Feb 16, 2001
    San Francisco CA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckham in LA? Wow, I find that interesting since I read headlines about Real Madrid leaving Beckham in Madrid because of a foot injury.

14. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    He may not have actually been in LA. The "Hollywood Reporter" guy may have just made that up so he could get in a sort-of joke about the movie "Bend It Like Beckham". He may have thought, hmm, got a soccer player in the studio, need to get in some material about soccer and Hollywood...