The Guest DJ on Monday 9/29 on KEZR 106.5 will be...

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by guamster, Sep 25, 2003.

1. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    ...Earthquakes Forward Landon Donovan

I just saw this on www.sjearthquakes.com:

Earthquakes Forward Landon Donovan Will Guest DJ on Monday, September 29 from 6 - 9 a.m. on KEZR 106.5 FM

Interesting. Does this mean he will be sitting in with the regular DJ or is he flying solo for this gig?
    The website did not have any details.

2. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What kind of anti-music does KEZR play?

3. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean he's getting up before 6:00 a.m.!! What a guy! :)

4. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    lol, that's what I was thinking!

5. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The regular morning show is Bill & Marla. Marla just had a baby. So the station has been having people be the "guest dj" to sit in for Marla. So Landon will be DJ with Bill.

I listen to that station every morning in the shower. My day is not complete without it. Hehe.

And that's my birthday so Landon better not forget! :p

6. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    I think KEZR was originally meant to stand for "eazy rock". Not sure what that translates to these days. I think I remember reading somewhere that LD likes "Boyz II Men", so maybe he's into sort of old-school R&B. So their format might fit his tastes.

7. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KEZR is the best mix of the 80s, 90s, and today!

8. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    So if Richard Marx was still around, they'd be playing him.

9. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    KEZR is my former employer.

10. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hmm...I don't remember that being one of their catch phrases.... :p

11. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    I could never read the liner cards with a straight face, anyway.

12. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County

So you're going to be showering with Landon and Bill on Monday? :eek:

13. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooo...yeah. I hadn't thought of it that way. :p

14. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Ditto, that station is my wake up station. They frequently have Quakes announcements on games and stuff in the morning too. Actually they had more last year, this year they are sort of lacking, or maybe I'm listening at the wrong time.

15. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Also wanted to add, Bianca will be joining Landon when he is guest DJing on Monday.

16. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    So it's Landon & Bianca & Bill & sjqf? That's one big shower! Reminds me of a shock-jock I used to listen to when I was a kid...Tom "Dynamite" Dancer in the Community Bathtub.

17. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody PLEASE listen to this and give some kind of a report.

18. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    So, can someone please tape this, then splice out the ******* crap that station calls music? Extra points if you can splice out any of their other a-hole "on-air personalities" as well.

:)

PS--Bianca's new TV show has been called the worst new show by several reviewers. I haven't had the guts to check it out yet (has it even started)? The guy on the show (Dan Cortese) is terrible, I remember him from MTV and Veronica's Closet.

19. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the same station that does the "Honorary Captains of the Game" contest in which kids names are entered and two kids win each home game...they sit on the field with the teams. You all hear these kids introduced as the teams walk onto the field.

KEZR has a link to this contest with the QUAKES logo ON THE FRONT PAGE of their website. The also have a direct link to the QUAKES website on their captains of the game page.

Over the years this station has given away QUAKES (and Clash) tickets and merchandise as prizes and continue to do that today.

This is also the station that over the last few years had Jimmy, Joe, and Richard on in the morning with Bill and Marla. More often it was Jimmy probably due to his hysterical personality. Now that 2/3 of these guys are gone, I haven't heard any interviews with any QUAKES this season...until now.

They play QUAKES commercials ALL THE TIME. They are a sponsor of the QUAKES. Support them in spite of their crappy music (which has gotten worse btw over the last month or so since 93.3 got taken over my Kbay [yelch!]).

So there ya go. If they'd just stop with the crappy 80's music!

20. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    I will probably try to tape this since I will be in school when Landon is on. We'll see how it goes.

I remember last year, Marla had Landon on the phone as well and that was a pretty good conversation so hopefully this one will be good too.

21. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp 80's music rocks for the most part! It's much of the music from the early-mid 90's that's crap. :p

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp GO EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

22. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I checked it out. Bianca is actually the only one who can halfway act on that show. The writing is terrible. But she is the only bright spot. Cortese can't act at all.

Yes, someone please tape the radio show.

23. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Yeah, I get that they promote the QUAKES (who pay to advertise their games, FWiW). But I'm not going to force myself to patronize a business I don't like just because they support my favorite team.

Do you also use Yahoo en Espanol*? Or Budweiser? Or Pepsi? Yuck.

(*Talk about shooting yourself in the foot with a sponsorship...that's really helped get the Latinos interested... :rolleyes: But at least it was someone who paid to sponsor us.)

24. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    Boy, what a lousy consumer model you are. Every advertiser hopes to tie your loyalty to the Quakes to their product. If you, in turn, don't support their product, they receive no return on their investment and they, in turn, don't renew their sponsorship, and we, in turn, wonder why no one is promoting the team.

25. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I try to support what I can, but I can't force myself into the impossible. I'm with BM, you have to be a bit selective. Unlike him, though, I will occasionally buy Pepsi. ;)