Pre-match: The Great Riyadh Derby 2/23/2009

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Sayf, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    We played a good match, and we gave hilal a hard time, we were just unlucky... You saw how deayea was shivering after elton's ball went right off the crossbar :D

2. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Insha'Allah shabab wins this one, nasr wins the prince faisal cup, and then hilal loses the league to ittihad, all in all... hilal loses everything!

3. Aziz_10

Aziz_10 New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
    Sounds like a Nawaaf bin Faisal's wet dream. Al Shabab, like al Ittihad are finished I don't understand when will everyone realize that Oulario's Era is only his and his alone? :(

4. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Ia it realistic to say that if shabab keeps on being above nasser, they would eventually replace nasser as the main city rival of al-hilal..say after like 15 years.

5. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    [​IMG]
    In the quiet words of the virgin mary.... come again?

6. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In terms of winning trophies, Shabab has been a more dangerous rival than Al-Nassr since at least 1998. But the derby will always be between Al-Hilal and Al-Nassr because Shabab simply doesn't have enough fans. Anyway, I think Nassr always has the potential to come back -- they're already much better than they were even a few months ago.

7. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    من جهة ثانية قررت لجنة المسابقات بالاتحاد السعودي لكرة القدم تأجيل المرحلة مباريات الأسبوع الثامن عشر من الدوري السعودي لفرق الدرجة الممتازة والمقرر إقامتها يوم الجمعة 9/3/1430هـ لتقام يوم الاثنين 26/3/1430هـ بدون اللاعبين الذين سيتم اختيارهم للمنتخب للمرحلة الثانية .

كما قرر الاتحاد إقامة نهائي مسابقة كأس الأمير فيصل بن فهد بن عبدالعزيز / رحمه الله / لأندية الممتاز للموسم الرياضي الحالي بين فريقي النصر والشباب يوم السبت 17/3/1430هـ على استاد الملك فهد الدولي بالرياض ..

وقد جاءت مباريات الدور الثامن عشر من الدوري(كانت سابقا يوم الجمعة 9\3\1430هـ) كما يلي :

الاثنين 26/3/1430هـ الشباب × الوطني استاد المك فهد الدولي بالرياض
    23/3/2009م الوحدة × الهلال مدينة الملك عبدالعزيز بمكة المكرمة
    - = = = = نجران × الاتحاد ملعب نادي نجران
    ======= أبها × الرائد مدينة الأمير سلطان بن عبدالعزيز الرياضية
    - = = = = = = = = الحزم × النصر ملعب نادي الحزم بالرس
    - = = = = = = = = الاتفاق × الأهلي استاد الأمير محمد بن فهد
    بالدمام

So they basically want us to play Wehda in Mecca without our international players (and Ittihad would have to play Najran away without the internationals but شتان بين الوحدة ونجران).

Anyway, regardless of the above, you overestimate Cosmin, and you underestimate Shabab and Ittihad.

Shabab are unpredictable -- and for some reason they always seem to raise their game considerably in final matches. Their defense is weak, but Cosmin does not attack the other team's weaknesses. He tries to grind out the same 1-0 win no matter what, and at some point it's going to backfire.

Ittihad will not surrender the league easily at all. They have an extra gear that they haven't been using lately, but they'll resume the league campaign well-rested and well-motivated, that's for sure.

8. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Who do you think is better as of right now? Like if shabab and nasr play a match with current status, who do you predict to win?

9. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Player-by-player, I think Shabab is still better than Al-Nassr. But Shabab have been incredibly inconsistent this season, and I think they have some internal problems between the players and the club management. On current form, Al-Nassr may have an edge. If I were a bookmaker, I would give Shabab 60% odds and Nassr 40% for the Prince Faisal final.

10. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I know what our main problem is, what we are missing is the finishing attack, we don't have a striker who can finish the job, with all due respect to hasan rabia, but he was repeatedly inconsistent..... Allah yer7am ayamak ya harthi

11. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Rabi' can cause problems. He got Al-Marshedi sent off after all.

Nasr's main weakness is their fullbacks, especially the left side. Whenever Nasr go on the attack, it's not too hard to score against them from that area. That's where all Hilal's goals against Nasr came from this season.

12. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I think eder gaucho got the left side, he is our best defender

13. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes but he's a central defender. I'm talking about الظهير الأيسر.

14. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Oh, ok, yeah you are right, this position is filled up with bernaoy, or mutairi, and they both suck

15. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Hasan Rabei is a great target man but he needs support upfront.

16. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And Shabab's defenders are terrible in the air. Even Al-3anbar scored against them.

17. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Okay, after watching these shows which show referee mistakes the tally should be:

2 penalaties for Hilal
    2 penalties for Al-Nasr
    2 Red card for Al-Nasr
    3 red cards for Hilal

huh? :confused:

18. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    An idiosyncratic ref. He's terribly offended by shirt-pulling, apparently, but he has a very liberal approach to hand-balls.