The Great Manchester United Excursion

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Achtung, Dec 15, 2005.

1. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003

Vagrants, petty criminals and people like you DS?

2. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    A tad harsh for someone who drinks american beer out of a can... :D

3. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    LOL!!

Touche!!

Listen, it's me educating youon the finer things in life!!

4. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I'm grateful for it. The next time I'm in a Netto or Booze Buster I'll keep my eyes peeled for the good stuff.

5. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    You actually made me belly laugh there! :D :D (they really need a laughing smiley on this thing) you know by now you've lost nearly all the posters on this forum right?

Netto!! Hahaha, C.P was £4 a pint the last I checked. You could buy Netto for that much!

Fear not, the blessed ale will never fall betwixt your heathen lips. Keep with your 2litre bottles of strongbow! :D :D

6. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    £4 a pint? That's ridiculous. Anything over £3 is ridiculous really but £4?

Tut tut, I'm a White Diamond man, thankyou very much. ;)

7. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Yep, I made the mistake of ordering a pint in central london (always a big no no) and I didn't check the price before buying. When the barmaid gave me the drink and told me the price I was this close (does finger a nd thumb symbol) to telling her to take it back.

Classy! Hahaha.

8. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    That's one of those things, you can never really ask how much something is because if you decide against it you look a tightwad.

Prices are getting ridiculous now, since I moved to Bristol prices seem to be ridiculous.

9. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Yep, on both counts. Especially in city centres in the metropolitan pubs, I know quite a few who get bevvied up before leaving the house and have a few top ups at the pub rather then spend £100 or so getting rounds in.

10. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I used to normally have a fair few at home before going out because once you add in taxis etc, you are into silly money for a normal night out.

BTW, sorry for the thread hijack people. Just know that at least it has all been about a great British tradition: getting pissed.

11. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Or getting drunk? :D

I dont know about anyone else but I enjoyed the conversation. :)

12. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    -
    I'm a settled man now, cosy nights in with the gf are my usual for the weekends. IT's either take her with (headache induicng) or don't go, which is the option I usually take. I don't really miss it though. Vowing to never drink again after a particularly hard night on the ale is something I can do without.

Hey, this isn't a thread jack. This is a simple endeavour into a British pastime, hence it is part of the excursion!! :)

13. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    haha rep for making a new term "thread jack"

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    can we have our bloody thread back???

15. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    haha yeah sorry about that i started this off
    continue lol

16. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    *waits patiently for the memoirs....

17. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Well hell, nobody is in the damn thread now. :rolleyes:

18. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

well, here are a few... a couple of good chaps work in RedStar sports... the proprietor, Angelo and Nick was the other guy. Anyway, we spent about an hour or so in the shop which is on the way to Old Trafford talking about everything from Bush to Bellion. It really was a nice chat, the kind you could almost never have in the US or in most other countries. They were very knowledgable, and it was great to hear from them how the club has changed and hear about the Men in Black and the Red Army and their origins. It was a really fantastic time, not to mention the fact that the store has some classics in it.

I purchased a Longsleved Best replica shirt, the one from the 68 final for just 35 pounds... He also had alot of other novelty shirts and some nice scarves. Not to mention dress shirts with the red devil embroidered and badges/pins of great variety as well. They are of course now set up on the web as Motter mentioned and are a great pair of lads. Apart from the games and meeting Kav and Achtung spending that hour or so with these guys who've been fans for decades and decades was amazing. Angelo who must be around 50 has worked in the area since he was 9years old so he's got a lot of memmories... the entire experience was wonderful.

Also, he mentioned that while he doesn't deal in tickets specifically a friend of his Tony O'Neil a Mancunian author and diehard red, would often help Reds in need if he could and that if we went through Angelo he'd try to help out any reds who had trouble finding tickets. Obviously none of this is a guarantee, but it was nice to know.

19. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you say that again, I won't let you past Customs.

'Great Manchester United Excursion'?

Why not 'Silverado' or 'RX 400h'?

The Great Manchester United Sorrento in honor of Park?

20. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anything but the Manchester United Aztek...

21. Kavster

Kavster New Member

May 16, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    Yikes! Turns out i'm back at college tomorrow, so it's a no-go for the match. :(

22. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    boooo!!!

lol @ DFR and Achtung

23. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    I suppose this could qualify under this thread, Does anyone know about any trips that Man Utd is planning to the US? I know they came two years ago are they coming again?

24. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    D'oh! Well... save up your pennies and join us in the US for one of our get-togethers or something. :)

25. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't expect very long preseason tours this summer because of the World Cup, so I'd imagine they'll stick to Europe for the most part. Hopefully Fergie learned his lesson after the disastrous tour in 2004 that was squeezed in between Euro 2004, the Olympics, and CL qualifiers.