The Great Big J-League TV Griping thread! (R)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by fc koshigaya, Apr 15, 2006.

1. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not understand why j-league is going with a plan where they don't show games on regular TV. There's been a couple of Reds games and the Jubilo/FC Tokyo game last week and that's it........nothin else.

Yokohama FM is playing a classic game with Gamba right now and NHK is showing some cartoon on one channel and a show for the disabled on the other................you mean to tell me that a game between these two champions wouldn't get better ratings or a better market demo?

They showed the worst team in baseball this afternoon in Rakuten vs Orix....second week in a row and neither team are anywhere near the greater Tokyo area. Why doesn't the J-League get a deal with NTV.......they own a friggin team.

The crowd numbers are never gonna increase with this "feature one team and make everyone else pay to see our product"..............They got to get a game of the week at least.

2. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hahahaha, oh shit! But its the same in Germany
    Only the first game of the season is on free TV.

3. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    yeh really. I live in Osaka and couldn't get the game because its on the stupid NHK satellite channel. next time the NHK guy comes to try to take my money I'm gonna laugh in his face.
    I don't have TV Osaka but it wasn't on that channel anyway.

I have TBS Entertainment Channel which shows 2 games a week, but they decided to show Urawa vs Kyoto instead of Gamba vs Yokohama. Probably NHK had exclusive rights to the other game or something.

4. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nevermind I do have TV Osaka it just wasn't set up on the tv for some reason. doesn't matter since they don't show the games anyway.

5. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    where in osaka do you live now? i'm in amagasaki. not sure how long i'm gonna stay here though

6. Video Newbie

Video Newbie New Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Back in US :(
    Why not just don't pay the stinking NHK fee each month, I sure as hell don't. They're a bunch of embezelling crooks anyway.:D

VN

7. “keroro” redded

Mar 17, 2006
    Japanese media prefer baseball to soccer.
    I hate it.

8. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    i'm in east osaka.

9. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    yeh really, they came to my place within 1 week of when I moved in, and rang the bell repeatedly on a Saturday morning.

10. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Some NHK guy just got fired for Fraud or something, and didn't they take bribes from the Yakuza a few months ago :rolleyes:

11. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I totally had to get all crazy bald American on a skinny-tie suited NHK guy with super TALL HAIR that wouldn't go away one morning. I had gone to sleep like 30 minutes earlier after an all night party, and he shows up knocking on the door persistently. I thought he was going straight to the kouban to bring the keisatsu, but I just went back to sleep and never got a knock on the door from NHK again. Ahh, the good old days.

Sorry this is nearly completely off topic. To make it on topic, let me say I get a random 30 minute J-league wrapup about 4 months late here in LA. I was in Tokyo for the urawa 7 goal game last October and saw it presented as news in February on Fox Soccer Channel. Bummer since I'm a Marinos fan but couldn't even tell you who they have on the team anymore. That's one reason I started reading this board...to get caught up.

12. Ricky_DCU

Ricky_DCU New Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    This is sort of off topic- but how much money is the J-League tv deal worth? How does it compare with the amount paid for the rights to baseball in Japan?