The Golf Club - The Real Madrid injuries and suspension thread 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Crimson, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I haven't kept up much with Castilla so I'm out of the loop. I hope he pans out, but I know Reguilon has the quality and drive to succeed here.

2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t think that comparison works as we have Mendy on the left already. But I’d be ok with selling Reguilon with a buyback option.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Have you watched Reguillon this season?

4. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not much, how has he played?

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't see a buyback option being the priority. Mendy is slowly establishing himself, and Reguillon is craving a niche for himself and trying to get into some serious national team attention. I think this is a situation where what's best for him isn't what's best for Real Madrid.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Honestly when I have watched his matches he has struggled defensively. He's primarily playing as a left-sided attacker who sometimes defends.

Just like Marcelo lol.

Still think he is a very good talent with a big future.

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Asensio underwent a medical examination this afternoon.

The result of the MRI is an edema in the knee. It will require a few days of rest and the player will abandon the national team camp in the next few hours.

8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    madridista_hr, BjornH and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If even one of Ramos, Benzema, Courtois, Casemiro or Valverde aren't playing we are fighting an uphill battle before the match even begins.

No replacements for them. None.

Deep Pal, PigBenis, Eddie and 3 others repped this.
  10. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I will place Benzema last on this list.
    we have other players that can score goals at the rate that Benzema is scoring this year.

Deep Pal and MaxY repped this.
  11. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So where's this Miguel Gutierrez kid? It's pretty clear that Marcelo can't handle the left side anymore.

12. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He is there but Zidane would not call him up and play him as long as Marcelo is here. Marcelo is one of his guys and that was evident when Reguillon returned to the bench as soon as Zidane took over.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Zidane isn't going to disrespect Marcelo like that, he was a former player, he understands what that means. I also don't think it'll be perceived well in the dressing room. So we're stuck with Marcelo this year.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, i mean, that was Reguilon at some point though. The veterans perceive it one way, but the younger players see some sort of establishment in the squad where one guy gets by mostly by the name on the back of his shirt.

Digital repped this.
  15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sadly, I doubt Marcelo leaves even next season. He's likely to see out his contract until 2022. Maybe his minutes will get significantly reduced next season.

16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, works in both directions, playing on merit would solve a lot of those issues but i guess it doesn't quite work that way in the real world

madridista_hr repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have no clue. What i will say though is that you can sort of see it in his face when he's terrible. He knows it. This isn't some kind of Bale situation where he's pretty much past it and feels like it's other people's fault. He has this defeated expression when he sucks that truly makes you feel sorry for him.

Ahmadi8, Bear Crotch and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't know the numbers exactly, but Marcelo's wages being off the books relative to what we got and would pay for Reguilon can't be stratospherically different.

If the dressing room leader is the determining factor then fine, I can whole heatedly agree with that importance, but so is having a capable player on the field.

I guess the X-factor is would Mendy play every game if Marcelo wasn't in the team and Reguilon was and that's something we don't really know. All I know is if you have a good player from your academy and they'd die for the shirt, you might want to take advantage of that.

Ahmadi8 and Shay Z repped this.