The Goat

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Gaspard, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Gaspard

Gaspard New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Why not Goater today instead of Shuker? Is he that old? At this point in time I'd start Huckerby over both of them but not Shuker over Goater.

2. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Fusion City

Fusion City New Member

Sep 25, 2001
    Manchester,England
    I'd have liked to see Goat on from the start,but then Solsjaer doesn't do to bad for the rags when he comes on,does he! I think people have this mis-
    conception about the Goat,they think he isn't a Premiership player,what they forget is that last time we were in it he was out injured for a long strech of that season,and I think he was still our top scorer! I hope that KK gives Vouso a place on the bench soon...I really think this lad will do the business for us..he'll enjoy leapfrogging his old partner,Forlan in the goalscoring stakes....not that it would take much doing! Feed the Goat!

4. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you on both counts. In the handful of games I saw (all on TV, sigh) in 00-01, Goater certainly didn't look out of place. The poacher's instinct can't be taught, and he has it.

I am very curios to see/hear about Vouso, especially after the attention paid to the original deal. Is he playing for the reserves?

5. Metro

Metro New Member

Feb 9, 2001
    Dallas
    Goat will sit against the Liverpool

According to http://www.mcfc.co.uk
    Striker Shaun Goater is struggling to shake off his groin injury in time to face Liverpool at Maine Road on Saturday.

It is touch and go for Shaun Goater for the clash with Liverpool. The Bermudian hitman was sidelined last week before the trip to West Ham just as it seemed he was poised for his first start of the season.

But a groin injury ruled him out and as Kevin Keegan admits that he is still on the look out for the right partner for Nicolas Anelka the, "goat" looks set watch from the sidelines again.

The thirty-two-year old, who has made four appearances from the bench this season scoring a vital equaliser in the closing minutes of the game against Blackburn, has not trained this week.

"Shaun is not back in training yet so I think a more realistic target for him could be Crewe. That's according to the physio, though I would not rule him out for Saturday," explained Kevin Keegan.

"The physio said last Friday that it would be Crewe before Shaun would be ready. I am always a bit wary when someone says something like that because of course the Worthington Cup game against Crewe is just three days after the game with Liverpool."

"With some injuries three days is a long time. I guess it is touch and go for Saturday."

Lucien Mettomo is set to return to the squad after playing his first ninety minutes of football this season on Tuesday evening when the reserves lost to a late goal at Everton.

"It seems that we have been hit by injuries in two areas, defence and attack. We have lost three forwards now with Shaun out along with Jon Macken and Paulo Wanchope."

"In defence we lost Dunnie, Gerard Wiekens and Lucien Mettomo. The only thing it does of course is that it gives people a chance and it is up to them to take it," concluded the boss.

6. mcfc

mcfc New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    manchester england
  7. Stuart

Stuart New Member

Oct 13, 2001
    Miami
    Regarding Vouso, Keegan has said that he is struggling to fit in mainly because he can't speak English. He is being given lessons, but Keegan says that he bought him for the future, implying that he isn't quite ready for Premiership yet. I hope that is the key, as often "for the future" is a code used to mean that he hasn't lived up to expectations :/