The general hatred most have towards leeds?

Discussion in 'Leeds' started by ArizonaFußballFan, Jan 5, 2010.

1. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is seems obviously due to the way that some away supporters were treated around Elland Road back in the day but it is 2010, it seems crazy that people can't let go.

2. thebean93

thebean93 New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It partly because where from yorkshire, going back to revie era lot of people think they were a dirty team that won trophys by cheating and a bit of it because of are supporters which arent always best behaved like

3. argentumLingua

Jun 17, 2009
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    In that case I have to say that Karma bit your ass. After all, Leeds is League 1 whereas it was in the Premier a few years ago. :)

Either way, I'm a Leeds fan not because I come from anywhere around there or because I enjoy their style of play, but because I love an underdog... especially when it defeats Manchester United.

4. ranny fash

ranny fash Member

May 18, 2005
    notts
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    It is widely known that for some reason Leeds are one of the clubs favoured by far-right (often racist) organisitions, and have more than their fair share of idiot supporters. There are a lot of Leeds fans from all over the country who otherwise have little connection with the city. This is a big reason why they are so strongly disliked.

Leeds are the best known and best-supported example of this, but other clubs have similar dubious associations, including Cardiff, Chelsea, Stoke, and Millwall.

Most fans of these clubs have nothing to do with such idiocy, but unfortunately their clubs have been tarred by word-of-mouth association.

5. barack_obampot

barack_obampot BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 28, 2009
    I didn't realise Leeds were associated with any of that.

You live you learn.

6. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

very interesting as I have since met many Leeds and Stoke supporters on various sites and they seemed very cool individuals.

7. M.O.T

M.O.T Member

May 9, 2008
    This is the main reason I support Leeds as well. It's the only team I support that anyone has ever heard of.....

8. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just watched,on cable, the movie; THE DAMNED UNITED. I enjoyed the movie,but I'm sure it was not 'true to history', but still fun. Hatred of LEED's UNITED due to success and game 'play'?

9. celtic_pride

celtic_pride New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I recall a couple of years ago the Sun did a survey on the most hated team in England, and even when we were wallowing in League One, we were No 1 ... :)

I have to admit, I took that as a compliment ...

For the record though, I don't actually really hate any other club, aside from Manchester United, and the Yorkshire rivals.

10. Zahovic

Zahovic New Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Delaware
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    We like being hated. Better to be hated than to be tinpot no-marks like nearly every other club in our division.

11. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I had nothing against Leeds until you were relegated to L1 in 2007, and it became apparent very quickly why everyone else disliked you so much. I'd never come accross a club with such a huge collection of whiners. From the boards pathetic claims that you'd done nothing wrong and didn't deserve the points deduction, to the dirty, cheating players, Beckford and Howson in particular, epitomising the thug of a managers footballing philosophy. And the fans...such arrogance and a refusal to believe that you were there on merit and not through the fault of anyone else. Beating your team of hoofballing thugs at the Liberty with ten men, and then the title, even if you'd kept your 15 points, was incredibly satisfying, especially after the continual complaining and the court case to get them back when everyone could see it was futile.

You play much better footballer under Grayson, who, unlike Wise, actually comes across as a decent person and a good manager. If you could defend you'd have a great chance of being top two this season, but as the biggest club in the division you'll probably be up there every season until you do make it back up. Saturdays game should be a good un, no doubt after my post you'll beat us though!

12. Dial_Square_1886

Dial_Square_1886 New Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have nothing against Leeds and I want them back in the top flight. The Premier League could use Leeds, Wednesday, and Forest to replace the likes of Wigan, Fulham, and Blackburn.

13. Queeg

Queeg Member

Jan 17, 2012

Could not possibly agree more and feel United will be back in the big one within the next 3 seasons but it looks as though Forest might be heading down the leagues rather than climbing into the Premiership which is a real shame.

Why on Earth did they get rid of Billy Davies? :mad:

14. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Wayda minute here. Where are the Hammers on your list of teams in the EPL?:) I agree about your assessment of teams that would be more beneficial in the EPL. I don't mind Blackburn since they are practically the last non-big $$$$$$$$$$$ club to win the EPL. Wigan, Fulham, Bolton, and QPR bore me to tears.

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    one avenue never to overlook when trying to explain interregional and interclub conflicts, especially where yorkshire is involved, is the coal strikes of the mid 80's. i don't personally know if this could have anything to do with leeds but it's worth looking into.

16. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which, by the way, they won spending big $$$$$$$$$$$.

17. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AFAIK that's mostly reserved for Forest and Derby.

18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    forest and just about everyone. mansfield the same. and the love that permeates so many fixtures throughout south and west yorkshire often holds a whiff of the same perfume.