The Gago " he also sucks at what he does for a living" Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by El-CapitanoR7, Mar 28, 2010.

1. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is the thread where we can discuss everything Gago related with no middle ground. Is Gago the new Redondo or does he suck at what he does for a living?

Discuss.

[​IMG]

Show me a picture of Gago kissing a trophy now... exactly.;) His level of play is only getting worse.

2. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can we add a poll? This way we know who to call out when he starts playing well. :D

3. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I had a better poll :(.Oh well, this will have to do.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's better suited for now. Options like "he is good" - "he isn't good" don't really reflect the situation since nobody is going to vote "Yes, he's brilliant, wohoo" right now.

5. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Alright then. :)

6. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like whoever chose " He should start every game ,OMG !! ":D

7. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Don't know why MP didn't give him more games at the beginning of the season but I think sitting on the bench has served him well. He's refocussed and is learning from the more experienced Xabi Alosno. I don't know whether he'll stay in the long-term but I think he should he is a very useful player to have.

8. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he's been good for the past two games, more reliable than I expected.

Not sure if he's done enough to get ahead of anyone, other than M. Diarra. I presume Lass will slot back in when fully recovered?

9. kosovanwhizkid

kosovanwhizkid New Member

Jun 28, 2009
    london
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anyone else think that the Lass of 2009/10 has been playing in the shadow of the Lass of 2008/09? I think that with the performances that Gago has provided in the Getafe and Atletico matches; he has every right to remain in the starting line up as long as he keeps it up even when Lass returns.

I myself have always loved Mahmadou Diarra, that tank :cool:. And just to add, I don't think that Gago will ever reach the level of talent and immense character that Redondo had.

10. La-Furia

Jun 19, 2006
    New Zealand
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Like I didn't already dislike you enough... you go ahead and say that.

11. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Saying a player won't ever reach the talent and character of Redondo, is somewhat of a given for 95% of players who have come since then, and are likely to make themselves known in the future. Not being Redondo is hardly something which will define a players career, he was simply something else.

12. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    tbh, redondo(Real Madrid) should look into some sort of coaching role for our team, i am sure he could help young players into mini redondo's.

13. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    If it only was that easy!

14. MadridMad

MadridMad New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Gago played well vs Athletico, if he'll take Lass's place? Not sure, but I like Gago nearly as much as Lass

15. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Gago is awesome.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He should return to his old hairstyle though, his new one is kind of creepy. :D

17. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Looks like Ronaldo took him to his barber. Same hairstyle. Not quite as flashy on Gago as it is on Ronaldo though.

18. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Ronaldo's hair is hideous. Every time I see him I have an urge to grab my scissors. He needs to get that ratty hair under control, especially the back.

19. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    I have to wonder if he's single-handedly keeping Brylcreem in business.

20. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-ipUDulZdA"]YouTube- Fernando Gago vs Mallorca !!! So Fantastic[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_WEZLII-V8"]YouTube- eqqqqqq[/ame]

The videos above help define what Gago's role is for the team. He may not always be flashy(I find his style of football to be very entertaining), but he certainly keeps the clock ticking.

21. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hate how he tries to do a Lass and close down other players even when they dont have the ball. Other than that, terrific player.

22. toslat

toslat New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Gago is going to benefit greatly from Alonso's presence and would likely develop into the first choice replacement for xabi in 2-3 years.

23. kosovanwhizkid

kosovanwhizkid New Member

Jun 28, 2009
    london
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wasn't holding that against Gago.....just cross-refering to one of the poll options or from an earlier comment i think.

24. Siete

Siete New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Gago in place of Lass will be a really unwise move to say the least. Lass weakness reflects mainly in the attack - Gago, by any means, hasn't shown he's capable of doing better.

nice headline :)

25. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just for you :p.