The Future of Gol TV

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by vevo5, Aug 17, 2012.

1. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    GolTV lost one of it's (few) remaining carriers, as YouTube TV dropped it from Sports Plus

2. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’m glad Fanatiz still Carrie’s it. I watch the Portuguese big 3 and Penarol and Nacional of Uruguay

teamitup76 repped this.
  3. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ve always had a soft spot for Goltv. When other networks have folded or given up content, GolTv has maintained (albeit VERY low budget) its content. I watch the recap shows, Portuguese football, and Uruguay also.

4. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I became a Darwin fan last season because of watching Benfica on Goltv. It’s a great channel sucks they get no love anymore.

5. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GolTV is still on Fubo and it looks like that's going to be the way to go. I'm glad that they're on Fubo because my dad likes to watch the Peruvian First Division and they're the only place that shows it. What happened to Colombian soccer? GolTV used to show that league but it's been a while now since the last time they showed it. Watching GolTV was how i found out that the Colombian league has playoffs. They call them "Los Cuadrangulares." I know right now they show Uruguay, Peru, Ecuador, and a lot of Portuguese soccer as well.

6. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Sadly, I switched back to youtube because I didn't like the FUBO dvr setup, plus they didn't have the turner networks (TNT/TBS)

7. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Colombian league is on Fanatiz on a Colombian channel RCN.

8. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    If you want HD for Colombian league then Vix+ is the way to go.

9. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is GolTV on DirecTV? I know they were a few years ago.

I know it's on U-Verse, but U-Verse is grandfathered in to current subscribers only. (I keep hearing rumors that if you have the right amount of mojo, you can twist AT&T's arm for an install, but I'm not sure how true that is.)

I don't believe it's on DirecTV Stream.

DirecTV Stream and DirecTV are partially owned by AT&T and partially by a new company. I believe AT&T still owns the U-Verse infrastructure, but the service is owned by the same people that own DirecTV and DirecTV Stream.

Still, it's odd that there's three sets of channel negotiations for those services.

10. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to necropost, but I stumbled upon this thread and I do have GOLTV on DirecTV Stream. I have a grandfathered package, so not sure if it's on packages available for new subs.

11. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Quick question anyone use the Goltv play app? I decided to subscribe to get the Portuguese league but for some reason nothing works. I’m still waiting to hear back from customer service.