The Future is Now! Ajax 2021-22 Season

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #376 Brilliant Dutch, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Ajax are off to a smoking start!!!

1-0 Tadic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: maybe an own goal?

2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    2-0!!!!

Where are all you Blind haters now???

3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    for f_ck sakes, thats a penalty on Haller!!!! :mad:

BPBlueSox repped this.
  4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Really good first half but I thought Haaland would surely score at the end of the half. Defense if doing well to prevent the passes to Haaland. Gravenberch had two good chances but didn't convert either one. Ajax just need to stay focused in the second half and continue to pressure Dortmund. I did think the YC on Alavarez was really light. EtH may want to sub him off later in the match if the score stays the same.

5. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yeah, why wasn’t that a penalty?

shame it’s not about 4-0. Worried that might come back to bite in the second half. Incredible first half, though!

Also, not loving the yellow on Alvarez

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Haaland crossbar!

Thats how dangerous he is, he just needs one chance

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    3-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total domination now!!!!

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Now put Neres in for the last 20' and see if we can get 4-0

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    4-0 Haller.

Thank you Emre Can :thumbsup:

Now lets go for 5-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Yellow for a fake handball against Timber. Might be costly later in the tournament. Completely wrong call.

Spanish referee very poor.

11. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    How about Pasveer?! Seemed like such a liability coming in and he came up huge!

richsavare and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  13. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Unfortunately this is a recurring thing, and the appointment of referees to matches is not based on merit.

14. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    And the yellow on Alvarez was a little soft and his first foul. I’m worried about both of those yellows. But still… 4-0. What. An. Evening!!

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What a great night of football in Amsterdam. All credit to the players and EtH for getting everything right. I was surprised how sloppy Dortmund were on the ball. Ajax pressure had something to do with that. Haaland was neutralized for the most part and Pasveer had two very nice saves on the striker's shot. The MF was outstanding controlling all the play and the forward line did well in tight spaces. This could have very well been 7-0 for Ajax with a little better finishing. Undefeated in group play for the first three matches since the van Gaal teams of the 90s. Three more points should send Ajax through to the knock out stage.

Player Ratings:

Pasveer (8) - MOTM for me with his fine saves and very good kicking, he always moved to the right position for a back pass
    Blind (8) - well taken goal and super assist on the Haller goal, defended well when he needed to
    Martinez (7.5) - helped contain Haaland and his positioning was superb
    Timber (7.5) - so good on the ball, lost his position only one time that I saw
    Mazraoui (8) - constantly dangerous either on the overlap or the inside run
    Alvarez (7.5) - some great interventions and a rather weak YC in the first half was the only blemish
    Gravenberch (7.5) - really fine match with some very good passing and had three decent chances on goal
    Berghuis (7) - good on the ball
    Tadic (7.5) - good free kick led to the own goal to open the scoring which also proved to be the game winner
    Haller (7.5) - had some very good moments and was hauled down a couple of times that could have been whistled
    Antony (7.5) - Dortmund could not contain him and his goal was wonderful
    Klaassen (6.5) - solid play coming in for Berghuis
    Neres (6.5) - some sparkling play in relief of Antony
    Daramy (NR) - on late
    Rensch (NR) - on late

Return match in Dortmund in two weeks. I think Dortmund will look for revenge.

16. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    totally agreed about Pasveer as MOTM. That save before the half kept the trajectory of the match from changing, let alone the others.

richsavare and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  17. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Pasveer was great. My MOTM too. Good off the ball and in possession.

Always unpredictable whether a goalkeeper can do this at a higher level.

richsavare repped this.
  18. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @Brilliant Dutch - OK, you have reached your limit of YouTube posts today!!!

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #397 Brilliant Dutch, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Come on now, we just roasted Dortmund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: okay so I deleted Rieu because I know you hate him

DutchFanatic repped this.
  23. bunbohue

bunbohue Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Very good performance by Ajax! Let’s hope they can do this consistently and go far in CL.

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dirtmund werent even in this game.

Not even close :D

25. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My take.

First of all Ajax deservely won as things fell in right place and in the right way for them.

Dortmund started with Three strikers. Malen, haaland and Reus and none tracked back. There is where Ajax consistently opened them on the flanks. Reus and Malen instead of going out were drifting in while inviting the fullbacks to overlap. With fullbacks playing a highline, tadic and Antony were always free waiting to pounce on the counters.

This is another reason why Blind and Mazzouri had the luxury of going forward. There was on so many occasions where you could see Malen jogging back in the background with Ajax running riot on the flanks. Even on the right Meunier had to keep track of Tadic and with Reus not tracking back, gave room for Blind to join the party as well.

The midfield I would give to Dortmund. This was their stronghold Jude Bellingham was was their best player by all means pulling the strings from the middle but was just not enough. Again with both malen and Reus drifting in.

Gravenberch was good offensively, had 2 0r 3 clean shots on target. Dortmund goalie came up with good saved as well. On the other side Pasveer as well on Haaland.Alvarez did well also breaking down the play and disrupting Dortmund movement from the MF.

Berghuis, my eyes was glued on him and again like I always say not high intensity game guy. Took him 28 minutes to really come into spolight with first major intervention springing a shot wide from close range. Other wise was was just running, waiting for passes to link up. rightly subbed for klaassen.

For Dortmund when you have striker of Haalands calibre and he has only 2-3 shots on the target in the whole match , then something is wrong in the team. Like I said if malen and Reus would have drifted out stretching the defense, things could have being different. Malen is simply not the answer to sancho

Not to mention of ajax front line here as well, they are world class in their own rights and thats where the teams will have to match them if they want to win and its high likely it will be the knock out stages.

Thing need to be said where it needs to be.Blind has being active in Ajax for the last 3-4 seasons playing at CL level. But still his performance fluctuates with the quality of the oponents.you can always argue that Dortmund is a quality team but when you look at the game itself, with Meunier on side and Reus drfting in. Conditions were favourable for him going forward free flow and he he always thrives in these types of conditions or games. Dont have to remain what happens when its not.

wynaldaisagod and Orange14 repped this.