The Frankie Hejduk Poll

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Mr Martin, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. swilso01

swilso01 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Philly
    He brings it every game. Runs forever. Crossing has really improved. Has consistently performed well in big games. He may not start, but IMHO he has done nothing to lose his spot on the Germany roster.

3. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree

4. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto.

5. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Frankie is far better than what most BigSoccer posters give him credit for. The Surfer Dude is very versatile is among the fastest and fittest players and gives everything he has every minute he is on the field. Frankie is the least of our concerns. That being said the final WC squad is a long way from being selected. I put Frankie's selection chances as a bit higher than 50/50.

6. todd_knode

todd_knode New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    San Diego via DC
    he certainly hasn't lost whatever Bruce likes about it. He won't be starting any games but he has qualities you want coming off of the bench.

7. HogDaddy

HogDaddy Member

Mar 27, 2001
    St. Charles, MO
    I'm with the majority of voters so far. I think Frankie has a spot right now. A lot can happen in the next 10 months, but if I was picking right now I would have to include him.

His versatility is a key. He can play right or left side back, and can play in the midfield in a pinch. That's useful when you are dealing with possible injuries and suspensions.

8. Liviu

Liviu New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Illinois, USA
    Exactly.

9. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I realize it's probable that Frankie will be in Germany. He was the best left back to play in the last 3 games for the US. BUT....I don't want him. I'd like to think it's time to bring on more skill & more smarts to the US team. Thanks for your past service, Frankie. Good luck with your new coach in MLS.

10. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone who wants to replace Hejduk should propose a player to replace him with.

11. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    Frankie stays as long as he can fake a Mexican out of his shorts. Frankie leaves if he lets a 16 year old meg him again.

12. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    exacty.

while i agree with most of the "hejduk doesn't belong on the team" people as far as hejduk not being a world class defender, the simple truth is there is no one in our pool to replace him. spector? way too young, and still has to prove himself at the club level. boca? probably starts...but who is his backup? burciaga? ward? the gold cup has gone to show everyone just how deep we are (hint: not very deep). i would say hejduk makes the team in germany for sure.

13. mickhayafe

mickhayafe New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Bakersfield, CA
    I he's playing better now than i've seen him in the past, (USMNT performance) I vote a go for WC '06, not necessarily starting, but definitely to be there

14. Captain10

Captain10 Member

Jul 26, 2000
    Marietta, GA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roster, Yes.
    Starter, No.

15. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would take Bobby Convey. Laugh, go ahead. But, also, Arena has to try some viable options at left back, like Burciaga and Spector. If we compare Hejduk to Sanneh, Hejduk is going to win every time.

I'm probably delusional. I just want better options.

16. Siegen

Siegen New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Boise, Idaho

ha ha.

you're delusional about Convey, but correct with everything else.

17. Nadir

Nadir New Member

Mar 29, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Based on his current play I say keep him in the Germany squad. Not a starter but a good back-up. But who knows 8-9 monthe from now.