The football lines are on the field....(R)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Michael K., Sep 20, 2003.

1. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or stick them somewhere so they would have to stand all game.

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    or that...... :)

3. gabe

gabe New Member

Oct 17, 2002
    NJ
    finally, i thought i wasnt the only one who wondered about the bells on the corners......... anyways any1 else tired of the star wars music theme when the opposing team comes out to "imperial march" while the metros names are introduced while "across the stars" plays?????????? i swear i expect hudson this thurs to be dressed as darth vader or something; i gotta idea: if they want to built suspense for the metro fans every time the metros are going to be introduced... they should play Pink Floyd's organ intro by richard wright on "shine on you crazy diamond"= anything is better than the same ol' star wars

4. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah I'm sorry to hijack this thread from whinning about football lines to whinning about horns, but you're absolutely right. We use them at Collge Hockey games when somebody scores a goal. I'm sure though that they coul dbe used really well as part of other chants but my friend watching the game with me said it best, "Why do they feel the need to do it ALL the time?"

5. cliffkram

cliffkram Member

May 4, 2003
    Brum via NYC
    "My house, my rules". NJSEA knows its the only stadium fit for pro soccer in the area (lets face it, the Mitch is too small capacity and Rutgers football stadium's field isnt big enough, not to mention Saturday is CF day). It's something Metro has to put up with. It wasn't built to be a soccer stadium, it was built to be a football stadium to house 2 football teams. We'll be better off when we're in Harrison

6. JayKay

JayKay New Member

Apr 22, 2003
    NJ
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does this mean we will have the bootball ops football lines on Thursday once again, and again.? I wish we could do something about this, this people just don't understand how bad it looks and how anoyed we are.

8. JayKay

JayKay New Member

Apr 22, 2003
    NJ
    The fans will be forced to pass around the collection plate and give up a couple of bucks in order to watch the game free of lines.

Or maybe if they paint the lines with spectrum specific paint, we could all wear goggles that will elimiate them from the field.

If they have the technology to add lines(that yellow first down line) during broadcasts of NFL games, they should be able to "delete" lines during MLS broadcasts.