THE Financial Imperative to Own a Sports Franchise

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Karl K, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Joe Hadar

Joe Hadar New Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Midwest
    Is anyone currently doing work to analyse the value of sports franchises, and for a league like MLS, how to improve those values?

2. Go2NY

Go2NY New Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Croton-on-Hudson NY
    Are we 'real' soccer fans...

What will Karl Keller's franchise be worth after 10 years....

As the tiebreaking vote of a 7 man local investment syndicate which was considering the purchase of the 'New York Arrows' soccer team, a vibrant, exciting, franchise, which had won seven national indoor soccer championships, nearly 20 years ago, it was my task to vote no.

Several members of the syndicate have never spoken to me since. The New York Arrows, sadly closed their doors.

If only you-all were available that day, at what probably would have been very reasonable consulting rates that year, the minority members of the syndicate might still be my friends.

Maybe you would have encouraged us to vote yes.

Perhaps the New York Arrows might have won another 7 championships by now, and still be giving us entertaining soccer.

It's tough to be a fan and a businessman

GHats off to you, and, the MLS ownership group

3. dws123

dws123 New Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    i completely agree with Chicago76 and would like to have more information on it. i would like to say that this blog is amazing and i always get to learn more and more after reading everyone`s view.
    ............................................................................

franchise opportunities in new york

4. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the accounting lessons, boys! Fascinating to know that players are depreciable assets.